Fair Trade...Trip for Trip.. (first report page 4)

Got something to sell? Need a job? Post your for sale ads and resumes here. IMPORTANT: this forum for non-professional posts. If you are a professional organization and would like to post your ad here, please contact us at info@drakemag.com.
southernstrain

Re: Fair Trade...Trip for Trip..

Post by southernstrain » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:06 pm

North end of the Everglades with queen sized bed loads of fly tie stuff. Lots of good Mexican and Cuban food around, fun bars and old dudes in speedos on the beach.

I'll pole and show you places where fish should/maybe actually live.

I have all the rods and reels

I'm off work at 12:30pm m-f and off weekends. I can pick up at ft myers or punta gorda.

Lando

Post by Lando » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:40 pm

fishskibum wrote:
fishpimp wrote:I can offer housing and food, a pick up at the airport, a few hour drive to some fishing in the aquarium, and maybe a chance at a BYU coed. My schedule is pretty open. Camping would be the game at the Rio Verde. Is there gonna be a Tailwaters Bake this year?
i give most of em better odds on squawfish
but jimmie mac slayed sums byu poon

Do you know the difference between a Bishop's daughter and a bowling ball?

You can only put three fingers in a bowling ball.
If my tombstone reads, "He never ate sushi." it won't be a lie, and I'll be OK with that.

~Average Joe

mrl0004

Post by mrl0004 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:18 pm

Great idea! I was lucky enough to experience Mad_Mike's hospitality. Anyone can come to Birmingham and I will take you to eat good food and drink beer. There is fishing close by, but trust me, you'd be happier doing one of the other options.
"Don't ever underestimate the power of a good blue line session with a 1wt. Shit gets settled out on the boulders, things get prioritized. And, in the end, you put something back in the tank..." -wandering blues

Spicytuna

Post by Spicytuna » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:57 pm

austrotard wrote:
Spicytuna wrote:
within 1 1/2 of San Fran. All I need is a heads up!

and you don't have to bring your own jacket... which is nice.

Well all I need to know for next Thursday is your jacket size Mitch?

Got the Ranger ready to roll and day off work, going to be a good day boys.

Holio, AW, and the Great Mitch on my boat. I am fired up
"In truth you can throw dries and swing flies and still be a loser. That would be an elite loser though.
Rare breed." - MTgrayling

"You guys know the Magic Hour???? Yeah it just happened I was there!!!" DK

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:56 pm

collitedness abounds!
49% of americans assume I give a shit about what they think.

brownsville

Post by brownsville » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:46 pm

wow air https://wowair.co.uk/ now flies, via iceland with unlimited stopovers, to the local airport [bristol uk, 15 minutes away] from several US and canadian locations [SF included] for stupidly cheap deals

otherwise, LHR is only an hour and a half down the road, can pick up from either

would be more than happy to provide bed and board to any drakians wishing to take advantage of the current exchange rate

it would be my pleasure :cool

Spicytuna

Post by Spicytuna » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:33 pm

$364,44

Gets me there from SFO.

That ain't bad I don't think.

Good to know
"In truth you can throw dries and swing flies and still be a loser. That would be an elite loser though.
Rare breed." - MTgrayling

"You guys know the Magic Hour???? Yeah it just happened I was there!!!" DK

vaku

Post by vaku » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:06 pm

I can offer a tour of the best retention ponds Charlotte has to offer. One is right behind the mall. The good mall with a five guys and a Aveda store. You will catch stunted bluegills and 1-2lbs bass. There maybe be some carp action and there is the guarantee that some underemployed wanna be cop will run us off. Enticing, right.

But, we could always drive to another Drakians area, like Franny's or something.

I don't have much to offer in return which is why i try to buy gas, booze, food and 8 balls. And pretty decent photos.
"It is only the inexperienced and thoughtless who find pleasure in killing fish for the mere sake of killing them. No sportsman does this." - W.C. Prime, 1888

"if it floats, flys, or fucks, it's bound to be a pain in the ass..." - BigTimber

yard4sale

Post by yard4sale » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:22 pm

Lando wrote:
fishskibum wrote:
fishpimp wrote:I can offer housing and food, a pick up at the airport, a few hour drive to some fishing in the aquarium, and maybe a chance at a BYU coed. My schedule is pretty open. Camping would be the game at the Rio Verde. Is there gonna be a Tailwaters Bake this year?
i give most of em better odds on squawfish
but jimmie mac slayed sums byu poon

Do you know the difference between a Bishop's daughter and a bowling ball?

You can only put three fingers in a bowling ball.
Thanks for the laugh Lando.
You can't go back and you can't stand still
If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will

jerms

Post by jerms » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:20 pm

If you're coming to Chucktown and don't let one of us know, you're doing it wrong.

The pointy end of the gheenoe is ready and available anytime that I'm in town.
A long long slow walk in the spartina gives you time to think big thoughts and put your mind back into order.

Deadwestern

Post by Deadwestern » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:45 pm

Some of my most memorable trips have been affiliated with a few of the fine folks on this board. The Drakian hospitality is unlike anything I have ever been around. Winter in North GA gives us about five months of great striper fishing which is just starting to kick in. I have a spare room for you to crash in and a wife that can cook.

Cheers

-G-

Post by -G- » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:12 pm

I usually don't have the schedule to offer up define times but this summer I'll be more free during the months of late June and most of July.

Camping trip up for anyone who wants to join to chase hatches, hopper fish, streamer fish, mouse etc depending on conditions in northern MI/ the yoop. Feel free to contact if you'll be in the area.
Maybe we haven't drank enough Busch- Nolan