WTB- a new boat...

Got something to sell? Need a job? Post your for sale ads and resumes here. IMPORTANT: this forum for non-professional posts. If you are a professional organization and would like to post your ad here, please contact us at info@drakemag.com.
stillsteamin

Re: WTB- a new boat...

Post by stillsteamin » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:54 am

Palometa wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:34 pm
You don't need to stand up to fish, unless you're a puss.
Time and place for everything. Blanket statements are often associated with people who don't know what the fuck they're talking about.
"There's nothing more overrated than a piece of ass and there's nothing more underrated than a good shit." -Glen Blackwood

fishskibum

Post by fishskibum » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:07 am

all i know is if im rowin hard and your not standing casting "A" game style
im gonna quit rowin hard and go on safety break
and i aint seen nobody up front in a flats boat sittin on their ass casting
"To get high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else.And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe" -Jerry Garcia

fishskibum

Post by fishskibum » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:02 pm

Palometa wrote:
I only mention Koffler b/c of their durability. When your friend says he can row, but really can't, the Koffler will take the beating. A skiff has as much storage capacity as a any other style boat. I rowed a Koffler pram with 2 necks in it for 10+yrs. Skiffs are my preference and stealthy too. You don't need to stand up to fish, unless you're a puss. In the pram, I felt like I could get a shitty caster closer to their intended target without spooking fish. If I was fishing on a streamer river most of the time, I may want to stand more. But, you don't have to stand to throw flies and put them where they need to be. I just like skiffs.

Plus, Mo rowed an Adipose skiff on the Beav until the end. You gonna argue with Mo?
the more i think about that nonsense the more i chuckle

im floatin 40 miles of river next weekend with sum hudge flyfisherman
i gots the over /under on casts made from a seated position at under 1 per mile
if ya want a piece of that action
sit down and be counted
storage wise
you should bring the skiff down sometimes
id luvs to see it rowed thru red creek rapid into camp
with a load
"To get high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else.And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe" -Jerry Garcia

Spudnik

Post by Spudnik » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:14 pm

fishpimp wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:08 am
I've been known to hit a rock or twenty...still haven't figured out the rocks under high bridge...
Point bow right, stay right until just before the drop. Then spin the bow 180 degrees to the left and let the drop suck you in. Two well timed cranks you you avoid the rocks on the left.
"Do you think it is real? I bet it is hard and soft, like hard muscle but really smooth skin. I bet it is real nice." - midstream

Spudnik

Post by Spudnik » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:20 pm

Palometa wrote:

Plus, Mo rowed an Adipose skiff on the Beav until the end. You gonna argue with Mo?
No he didn’t.
"Do you think it is real? I bet it is hard and soft, like hard muscle but really smooth skin. I bet it is real nice." - midstream

Spudnik

Post by Spudnik » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:24 pm

fishpimp wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:18 pm
Palometa wrote:

True
No. Completely not true. What he said is actually the exact opposite of the definition of true.

I can’t believe some of the shit I’ve heard about Tim since he’s passed that is just blatantly wrong. At least this one is harmless and isn’t egregious like some of the other shit, but it’s important for people to understand the facts.

fishskibum

Post by fishskibum » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:34 pm

forgive my ignorance
i gots no idea who mo is but nobody guides outta a skiff on the green below dj
it must not be puss water

Spudnik

Post by Spudnik » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:47 pm

Got a few friends here who take their skiffs through the powerhouse diversion on the Big Hole in high water. Skiffs can do anything a high side can do with someone who knows that they’re doing on the sticks.

Not saying thats me, I like my raft in high water, but fishpimp is probably not looking for a skiff if the high bridge drop gives him issues. A Clacka Eddy sounds about right.

Palometa

Post by Palometa » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:34 am

stillsteamin wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:54 am
Palometa wrote:
You don't need to stand up to fish, unless you're a puss.
Time and place for everything. Blanket statements are often associated with people who don't know what the fuck they're talking about.
I didn't think Pimp asked about flats fishing, kite fishing, or week long overnight floats either. He asked about a boat to fish "the Beaverhead 90% of the time, maybe the Bighole and the Mo' the rest of the time, what should I get?"

I wouldn't want to sit and throw a 9wt to permit either.

Skiffs can do just about anything a high side can do with a good rower.

Spud, I stand corrected...we fished out of Ro several times with him.
Protect WYDAHO fish & game, fence out Utah.

Adams

Post by Adams » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:45 am

Spudnik wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:14 pm
fishpimp wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:08 am
I've been known to hit a rock or twenty...still haven't figured out the rocks under high bridge...
Point bow right, stay right until just before the drop. Then spin the bow 180 degrees to the left and let the drop suck you in. Two well timed cranks you you avoid the rocks on the left.
This brought back some fond memories fucking that drop up the 2nd time I floated it...
If you need a reason to drink, you have a problem. . .

"I just think it's funny that the one constant in this place over the past five years is that it was a cool place right up until the next person joined." nemo

When life gives you limes, it's Gods way of telling you that you're an idiot. spudnik

stillsteamin

Post by stillsteamin » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:23 pm

Palometa wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:34 am
Skiffs can do just about anything a high side can do with a good rower.
I've never rowed a skiff, but I do know that the worst rowers can take the most capable craft and dump it, so I'm assuming that works in reverse. I've seen video of Adipose skiffs with the gay little front skirt they sell run some bumpy stuff.

If I only day floated southwest Montana tailwaters, I would probably opt for one as well. Might even stand up in it. :smile
"There's nothing more overrated than a piece of ass and there's nothing more underrated than a good shit." -Glen Blackwood

Spudnik

Post by Spudnik » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:31 pm

Palometa wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:34 am

Spud, I stand corrected...we fished out of Ro several times with him.
If you fished with Razzmo in the last ten years, chances are pretty good that we’ve met.