WTB- a new boat...

Got something to sell? Need a job? Post your for sale ads and resumes here. IMPORTANT: this forum for non-professional posts. If you are a professional organization and would like to post your ad here, please contact us at info@drakemag.com.
D-nymph

Re: WTB- a new boat...

Post by D-nymph » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:48 pm

Lights aren't about being able to navigate rivers though. In my state, in order to be legal on a lake after dark, lights are required (red/green on bow/white on stern).
"The devil's pourin drinks and his daughter needs a ride" - III

ironman

Post by ironman » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:57 pm

D-nymph wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:48 pm
Lights aren't about being able to navigate rivers though. In my state, in order to be legal on a lake after dark, lights are required (red/green on bow/white on stern).
Not navigation lights: starboard, port, and stern.

What I'm talking about the obnoxious spotlights off the gunnels. Bright white, that light up the river like high noon. If you need those to see where you're at, on a river, at night, you have no biz doing a night float.

I'm prolly a little nervy about this, having experienced some fuckery, with shitheads sporting said spotlights this season.
"if you don't understand the perfect logic of this, then you may as well fuck right off Teh Suk" - Fatman

"I took a Japanese whaling approach to panfishing as a kid." - Boomin

D-nymph

Post by D-nymph » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:17 pm

Oh. I didn't even know they had those. I've no interest in that kind of stuff, which is probably why I didn't know. hey!
"The devil's pourin drinks and his daughter needs a ride" - III

-G-

Post by -G- » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:33 pm

ironman wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:58 am
Lando wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:44 am
I will wait for KP and Bob White to chime in, but it doesn't matter if you are a noob or vet, I still think you're smoking crack.
I'm partial to those inflatable driftboat jobbies. Honestly one of the most comfortable boats ever.

One thing about SC, is that they stink. Like chemicals - plastic - plastic glue or whatever they use to bond the plascore. When new at least, it might wear off over time. The navigation lights on the non-motorized are uber-ghey. If you need lights on your drifter to navigate at night, you shouldn't be on the river. And the "art" wraps are so brah. Camo, at least, has some function if its a dual purpose vessel. $0.02

I don't think you' guys are getting it... how's tommy gona shine for brown trout without flood lights, how're you suppose to let people know you're a 'trout guy' without brown trout print covering both sides, and most importantly how're you suppose to bend over yer sister without some good quality chemical insense?
Maybe we haven't drank enough Busch- Nolan

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:06 pm

boats are gay.
49% of americans assume I give a shit about what they think.

TX.

Post by TX. » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:48 pm

I loved my Hyde 14 LP, rowed a few clacks and didn't like the handling, felt sluggish. Creature comforts much better tho.
Stonedfly bought my bote for the shop, identical to their other bote, maybe even the same year. But they even rowed different...Iv'e heard.
My old boat rowed better. Go figure. and yes the CS sucks at Hyde. Had mine piggybacked to San Juan w/ a truckload...they never called me to tell me it had been delivered, they sent the wrong oars (or a guide jacked mine) and no anchor...hell it sat in the parking lot for over two weeks! Hyde did make right though. Row them and buy what you like
Which one of you fuckers has a flats skiff in the NC mountains?-southernstrain
Was there also a raft,drift boat,jon boat,and a gheeno in the yard?-Kyle

fishskibum

Post by fishskibum » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:05 am

Honyuk96 wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:35 pm
I like Clackas, they are anwell thought out quality boat. I personally own a 14-6'hyde low pro. walking around inside it is tough and my old boat (94) i believe works v
Just fine. Rows effortlessly and is pretty tough. I do have a couple chine diggers but most boats that actually fish do. But since Kofflers been brought up, i'd take a kofflermover all the rest. They row amazing, are bulletproof and if you line your floors w rubber mat they become much more quiet . I like right near Stealthcraft. They dipo make nice boats, heavy and WAY overingeneered IMO, Kofflers are tough to find but they are amazing boats. Surprised no one mentioned boulder boat works. Similar to stealthcraft in several ways. Way overbuilt and THE most heavy Clunky thing i've ever rowed. They do look pretty though, kinda. Good luck
bullet proof???
as in fear no gunshots?
yeah right

15 years and an assload of miles on the 5th or 6th boat jsj ever built
both he and his product have been great to me
aint the easiest boat ive rowed but
but if ya gots adequate guns
you can git er done
you should give er a row sometime
"To get high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else.And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe" -Jerry Garcia

fatman

Post by fatman » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:59 pm

fishskibum wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:05 am
Honyuk96 wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:35 pm
I like Clackas, they are anwell thought out quality boat. I personally own a 14-6'hyde low pro. walking around inside it is tough and my old boat (94) i believe works v
Just fine. Rows effortlessly and is pretty tough. I do have a couple chine diggers but most boats that actually fish do. But since Kofflers been brought up, i'd take a kofflermover all the rest. They row amazing, are bulletproof and if you line your floors w rubber mat they become much more quiet . I like right near Stealthcraft. They dipo make nice boats, heavy and WAY overingeneered IMO, Kofflers are tough to find but they are amazing boats. Surprised no one mentioned boulder boat works. Similar to stealthcraft in several ways. Way overbuilt and THE most heavy Clunky thing i've ever rowed. They do look pretty though, kinda. Good luck
bullet proof???
as in fear no gunshots?
yeah right

15 years and an assload of miles on the 5th or 6th boat jsj ever built
both he and his product have been great to me
aint the easiest boat ive rowed but
but if ya gots adequate guns
you can git er done
you should give er a row sometime
didn't Hogleg break a Hog Island? :wink

"Boy could tear up and anvil with a rubber mallet...."
My drinkin' days are over; I'm still trouble bound - Slaid Cleaves

"This place is so fucked up. Where else could you find a thread with a Debbie Gibson song, a chapter from Fyodor Dostoevsky, and a sweet under boob pic like that on the same page?" - Hogleg

"You may not be smart, but your car gets good gas mileage". - Stovetop

Palometa

Post by Palometa » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:34 pm

I only mention Koffler b/c of their durability. When your friend says he can row, but really can't, the Koffler will take the beating. A skiff has as much storage capacity as a any other style boat. I rowed a Koffler pram with 2 necks in it for 10+yrs. Skiffs are my preference and stealthy too. You don't need to stand up to fish, unless you're a puss. In the pram, I felt like I could get a shitty caster closer to their intended target without spooking fish. If I was fishing on a streamer river most of the time, I may want to stand more. But, you don't have to stand to throw flies and put them where they need to be. I just like skiffs.

Plus, Mo rowed an Adipose skiff on the Beav until the end. You gonna argue with Mo?
Protect WYDAHO fish & game, fence out Utah.

fishpimp

Post by fishpimp » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:18 pm

Palometa wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:34 pm

Plus, Mo rowed an Adipose skiff on the Beav until the end. You gonna argue with Mo?
True
"You look like the type'a guy that gets outta' the shower to take a piss"- Diceman

-G-

Post by -G- » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:29 am

Palometa wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:34 pm
You don't need to stand up to fish, unless you're a puss.
No truer words have ever been said. Even small streamers on light sinks/ floaters get thrown nicely under the booshes from the seated position in a skiff. Don’t really understand why everyone needs to be standing using a casing brace to throw a #4 streamer on their 6 weight... nonetheless a damn hopper.
Maybe we haven't drank enough Busch- Nolan

fishskibum

Post by fishskibum » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:26 am

really i find elevation to be your friend, better vision, higher back casts and that overpriced cooler seems a better bargain when it doubles as a casting platform
but i likes to git high and i dont fish off a sit down paddle board
thats for yoga chicas
i remember hogslegs telling me sumthin bout beating up the in laws hog
this one spent a couple days pinned on pinballs fore the rail road brought in an high angle rope extract team
ands still floating happily today
i doubts a glass boat wouda survived that
"To get high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else.And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe" -Jerry Garcia