Fish in the hand.

Monthly photo contests will be the feature of this forum. Discussions of photographic techniques, gear, software, etc will (hopefully) discussed here.
fatman

Re: Fish in the hand.

Post by fatman » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:42 am

root wad wrote: Is that water the average guy and his kid can fish? How much do they now charge to capture those mutant pellet heads?
Believe it or not, there ARE places that the average guy and his kid cannot fish - and neither can wealthy assholes. It's called private land, and it is sometimes managed by people who want to be stewards for the land and the fish. Because profit is not the motivator, the water does not get beat to a froth, and fish are allowed to reach a good size. Permission is obtained by becoming part of the fabric of the local society...or being lucky enough to befriend a local. It's something that is still alive in parts of the west. Nice fish, CE.... :smile
My drinkin' days are over; I'm still trouble bound - Slaid Cleaves

"This place is so fucked up. Where else could you find a thread with a Debbie Gibson song, a chapter from Fyodor Dostoevsky, and a sweet under boob pic like that on the same page?" - Hogleg

"You may not be smart, but your car gets good gas mileage". - Stovetop

CarelessEthiopian

Post by CarelessEthiopian » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:06 am

Well said, Fattie.
Ginseng Sullivan wrote:what's the draw?
You haven't truly lived until you've pegged a big brown bead for some stupid slimy stockers.
boy in long pants

root wad

Post by root wad » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:45 am

I am not in this to pick a fight nor do I insinuate there was a monetary exchange here. I've a great deal of respect for both the angler and the photographer in this posting. In a former life I played a part in the creation of such destinations. I am not proud of it. Perhaps that precipitated my response. The huge malformed fish that unwitting guests were "guided" to were supposed to be called "spawners" to explain their lack of body parts. Is there a place for this in our modern fishing fabric? I suppose so. After all reality TV is very popular with a large segment of society. That element needs to fish somewhere. It just struck me as incongruent for the folks who brought us, in sheer brilliance, the beer suit and a burning love seat to show up on here holding trophies with a missing gill plate. That is all. The rant is over. Oh, and by the way, you can now rent a 2 BR cabin at DTR for less than a grand a day. Most of the private fishing, however, requires the hiring of a guide. The $50 private water rod fee is extra. As I said, I am not proud of my part in this. I still wish my pictures looked like that. Thankfully our rivers just opened.
Life is a whole lot more simple when you plow around the stump.
"When I found the skull in the woods, the first thing I did was call the police. But then I got curious about it. I picked it up, and started wondering who this person was, and why he had deer horns."

CarelessEthiopian

Post by CarelessEthiopian » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:58 am

It was just a fun way to spend a few hours, that's all. Fishing like that is not something you can take seriously, but it can be fun. I don't know too many folks that would turn it down, out of principle, if they had the chance.

We didn't go out there to harass a bunch of pigs. We went to go meet a new friend, spend some time on the water, and shoot the shit. We were just dicking around, caught a few fish, and took a few shots. Maybe I should not have posted the one with the telltale dorsal fin and gill plate.

Read Fatman's post again. It's exactly that kind of place.

For the record, DTR has nothing to do with any of this. I just happened to be wearing a new hat.
boy in long pants

locogringo

Post by locogringo » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:11 pm

Mods please move this to the bitching section? It's really harshing my mellow down here. :cool

root wad

Post by root wad » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:24 pm

Point well taken. Sincere apologies for my contribution to it. I blame it on a chemical imbalance.
Life is a whole lot more simple when you plow around the stump.
"When I found the skull in the woods, the first thing I did was call the police. But then I got curious about it. I picked it up, and started wondering who this person was, and why he had deer horns."

Hogleg

Post by Hogleg » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:30 am

Wow, I don't know what to say that obscure reply except that I'll go fish there anytime I'm invited and can make it happen, just like CE and Fullwells did. I'll also post up the pics whenever I do. Take it or leave it for yourself but I'll take it anytime I can get it for damn sure. To each their own but, bottom line, no fish were harmed in this filming and some righteous dudes obviously had a real good time fishing.

Nice pics boys!
"girls with eating disorders will usually let you come in there in butt." -Jhnnythndr
"...my grandmother’s Tang always tasted like rusty water and dirty socks." - Average Joe
"with some limited exceptions steelhead live where the lady selection is sparce." - MTG

Ginseng Sullivan

Post by Ginseng Sullivan » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:11 am

if it's private and pristine then why the circus trout?

Walter

Post by Walter » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:54 am

Ginseng Sullivan wrote: oh and i forgot- WTF Walter? you gots that brookie shit down my man, those are some amazing fish. :cool
Tanks man - I enjoy those fish more than just about anything in this life. :smile
It was supposed to be devils handing Kim Jong Il a giant black cock - RFA

Halliday

Post by Halliday » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:52 am

P4240001.JPG
P4240001.JPG (311.84 KiB) Viewed 1907 times

fullwells

Post by fullwells » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:22 pm

trutta
Attachments
DSC01352.jpg
DSC01352.jpg (63.99 KiB) Viewed 1843 times

Junglecock
Location: Northern Southeast, Panhandle, Lost Coast, Crackatraz

Post by Junglecock » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:04 pm

Fullwells you got skills. Makes me want to shoot more pic's. If only it would quit raining up here this summer.