Nikon FG

Monthly photo contests will be the feature of this forum. Discussions of photographic techniques, gear, software, etc will (hopefully) discussed here.
Mad_Mike

Nikon FG

Post by Mad_Mike » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:45 pm

Hey guys... as you know my picture taking skills are horrible. But I managed to get my hands on a Nikon FM100 at a yard sale for 5 bucks... it needed some repair, so I took it to the camera shop and all is good to go.

I know that digital SLR is the way to go, but I kinda like the oldschool factor of film, and would like to start taking this thing with me fishing for scenery type photos.

Anyone know anything about this camera, or have any tips on using it, or film in general??

Thanks for you time, now you may continue bashing queer_Gordon... :coffee
Last edited by Mad_Mike on Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mad Mike
Somebody just back of you while you are fishing is as bad as someone looking over your shoulder while you write a letter to your girl. - Hemingway

Leonardo DiCaprio wins at life! - Row vs. Wade

Heero

Re: Nikon FM100

Post by Heero » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:47 pm

Dont take your film to Walmart.

castingoutloud

Post by castingoutloud » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:06 pm

I know the Nikon FM and FM2 where good basic manual cameras always a good BU for an F3 if you did not have the dough for two bodies I don't know what an FM100 is just a sec hmmm not much on google. A good camera no doubt. Stick to Nikor lenses though.
"hay Robert don't post on my board anymore.
Let's see if you're truly a man of your word.

And yes, I'm serious. Tom"

nemo
"It's better to be hated for what you are, than to be loved for what you're not..." Kurt Cobain

Ginseng Sullivan

Post by Ginseng Sullivan » Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:49 am

never heard of the fm 100 either. could be a european model they sometimes get different numbers over there. if it's similar to the fm2 there will be a +0- for the meeter on the right side of the viewfinder. typically shoot at - one stop for outdoor stuff to keep the highlights from blowing, that always worked for me on the fm2. if you can find one of the old ais 50mm 1.4 lenses. super ridiculous sharp and works good wide open for low light you will have a fairly light, mostly bulletproof cam that will perform even if the battery dies. the meter wont work but the cam will. great for back country trips or long time between shoots. should be able to find one of those lenses for well under a hundy. i might have a few to swap for other swag if you need some glass.

Mad_Mike

Re: Nikon FG-100

Post by Mad_Mike » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:38 am

Ok so my bad its not an FM... its an FG 100...

It has a really nice aftermarket lense on it... but I'm def gonna want to get a few different lenses to play with... PM me, we may have to do a little swapin'...

here is a pic....

Mad Mike
Somebody just back of you while you are fishing is as bad as someone looking over your shoulder while you write a letter to your girl. - Hemingway

Leonardo DiCaprio wins at life! - Row vs. Wade

castingoutloud

Re: Nikon FG

Post by castingoutloud » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:01 am

Sure it is not a FAG
No such thing as a good after market lens.
GS is right to a point 1.4 50mm Nikkor is a good lens but the 105 was the best they (Nikkor) ever produced. compared to the digital crap doesn't really matter. Fix it in post is the general Idea I think.
"hay Robert don't post on my board anymore.
Let's see if you're truly a man of your word.

And yes, I'm serious. Tom"

nemo
"It's better to be hated for what you are, than to be loved for what you're not..." Kurt Cobain