Monthly photo contests will be the feature of this forum. Discussions of photographic techniques, gear, software, etc will (hopefully) discussed here.
Just looked through all the topics in here and didn't see any devoted to black & white. Either I'm missing it, or someone has been slacking off.

I'm also curious if anyone wants to share their B&W conversion techniques. I'm convinced that the best B&W shots are more than just desaturated. I don't think I've found the best method yet, but I've been playing around with several. So far the one I like the best is to desaturate, then bump the brightness down a tad (usually -10 or so) and the contrast up 10 or so.

I guess I'll start things off

This is Lurgee last night on a local trickle

This is SLSS at Spey Nation, we were standing right next to a smoking grill so its a little hazy. Probably could be tweaked a little bit to clear it up.

a flower

[report]I take a similar approach, DT, but use the slide and don't keep track of the numbers, as I think each image is a bit different. I also lean towards sepia tritones, as I like the warmer feel.

And next time I see you, plan on getting photo'd, as I need some counter-photo-insurgency ammo.
D1.jpg
D1.jpg (66.99 KiB) Viewed 7698 times
D6.jpg
D6.jpg (95.6 KiB) Viewed 7698 times
D7.jpg
D7.jpg (47.87 KiB) Viewed 7698 times
D8.jpg
D8.jpg (95.37 KiB) Viewed 7698 times
steel2b.jpg
steel2b.jpg (61.81 KiB) Viewed 7698 times
My favorite landscape shot I've ever taken.
Favorite.jpg
Favorite.jpg (89.65 KiB) Viewed 7698 times
Old school b/w infrared.[/report]
I'll play

[report]
old wood.JPG
old wood.JPG (151.33 KiB) Viewed 7689 times
cronartium.JPG
cronartium.JPG (373.09 KiB) Viewed 7689 times
[/report]
ditchdoc wrote:[report]
Chairs_fhdr.jpg
[/report]
makes you wonder what happened to the folks that used to sit in those chairs and the stories that were told. Nice shot
Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Muddled 88 https://live.staticflickr.com/655[…]

things I a-heared at drake camp

Will be on the creek tomorrow, good rain yesterday[…]

well done, joe -- great work, thank you for taking[…]

It's Wednesday, you dolt.

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine