Monthly photo contests will be the feature of this forum. Discussions of photographic techniques, gear, software, etc will (hopefully) discussed here.
By Lochswa
A couple of years ago I purchased a Olympus SW 850. I got it because I take alot of cameras with me swimming. Not on purpose mind u. First day out with it I went diving in the Deleware with my mask to try it out. It was definetly designed/geared for the ocean where theres alot more light available. It takes great people with fish, Landscapes, and good macro shots provided u arent taking midge pictures. I will have to dig out a couple of pictures to show. So I was diving that first day <with camera in pocket> and we were about to leave. I noticed it fell out of my pocket! Went back over and found it, luckily. I found it deeper then the maximum depth they said in the instructions. Theres ALOT of features that it seems like u need a course or some instruction, or alot of trial and error to get a feel of. Too bad the girl I was seeing decided to keep it :bomb

One other thing I noticed with it. I was lucky enough to come across a praying mantis on a backpack trip with it. I took a slough of pictures as u never know when u get the chance again. It had alot of trouble trying to find a focal point to focus on at times.
By peetso
Well Gents,

Went for a swim. Real swim. Not just a bath. Two sets of rapids kind of swim. Those wet rocks are slippery as a motherfucker.

Turns out the Olympus Tough 8010 is indeed waterproof . . . just not if you leave the charger door open. Camera is NFG. Had some decent pics of the trip on there too.

So I am now in the market for a new camera (instead of a new 6wt). Looking at the Sony TX10 and Pentax Optio WG1 and the Panasonic TS3

Them Pentax look fairly bomber but are ugly as sin. And the Sony's look nice and sleek but a little slippery if they get wet.

Looking for anybody that has any experience with these cameras or other recommendations for a decent PandS waterproof to share a little info if they got any.

Recycled Ginger Payment:
By woolly bugger
everybody is making them now, this looks like a good one

http://www.dpreview.com/products/panaso ... nic_dmcts3

I hate the new Oly with the joystick control...
By NeedmoreDEET
I'll give a plug for the Kodak Playsport it's not really a P&S since its really a video camera, but I've been pretty surprised by the 5 MP still shots that it takes. I accidentally took it about 50 feet down in Hawaii freediving, with no leakage.
By m.b.
i've always and only bought canons and been very pleased with them. i was about to pull the trigger on a a d-10. the d-10 is a good camera but it's too bulky.

i went on truchero's recommendation and got a panasonic lumix ts-2. very, very glad i didn't get the d-10.

one of my buddies had the optio. after i got the lumix he sold his optio 2 days later and acquired a lumix.

do yourself a favor...
By BigCliff
NeedmoreDEET wrote:I'll give a plug for the Kodak Playsport it's not really a P&S since its really a video camera, but I've been pretty surprised by the 5 MP still shots that it takes. I accidentally took it about 50 feet down in Hawaii freediving, with no leakage.
For something similar, I saw this earlier today-

"Vivitar rolls out 690 HD camcorder: waterproof, 720p, $60"- http://www.engadget.com/2011/08/05/vivi ... f-720p-60/

I mean, shit, its $60.
By NeedmoreDEET
Damn, for $60 it seems to be worth a try. The issue that I have with these long little video cameras is their "form factor" and mounting options. The Go Pro series of cameras seems a little better but more expensive.
By TX.
I have a Pentax W30 and after hanging w/ Transywader this weekend decided to step up, he's shooting the W90, which they don't make anymore, so I started looking at the Pentax WG1.
Read some reviews and at a few bucks more the Panasonic TS3 seems like a much better camera for the money.

Anybody shot both?
By TX.
My Pana TS3 just came in yesterday!
Now just waiting on my SD card.
Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Yet Another Carnage Skwala https://live.stat[…]

whatcha tying?

Does that make those snow cones?

I have been in pharmaceuticals and these country f[…]

Love this place. Need to visit more often. I was s[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine