Winners Announced>> Photo Contest: Tested on Animals

Monthly photo contests will be the feature of this forum. Discussions of photographic techniques, gear, software, etc will (hopefully) discussed here.
jhnnythndr

Re: Photo Contest: Tested on Animals

Post by jhnnythndr » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:02 am

Oh! Shit! I just realized there was a new entry. Fascinating stuff! Excellent camera work, but I gotta ask,

CE, or you others, would you say he is "gayzing" at those bones? Nit to take away from the pics, just idle curiosity. It appears that the subject is in fact gayzing at those bones. I'm almost certain of it. Excellent compositions though they are- I feel the gayzing element sends the wrong message- begs the question " what exactly was he testing, on animals?"

Skanky- I think you'll look smashing in your t shirt. Blump- cant wait to see you catch another guitar fish, on the new real.
"Whenever I find myself growing green about the mouth; whenever it is a damp drizzly November in my soul; and especially whenever it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from methodically knocking peoples hats off -- then, I account it high time to get to sea."

CarelessEthiopian

Post by CarelessEthiopian » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:53 pm

get 'er done wrote:Image

I'm not one to judge here since A) I'm not giving away line holders, B) there are plenty of photos out there in which I look quite douchey. That being said, I probably would not have included the photo above. The first thing I noticed was the foot. Unless you have fallopian tubes and are of small stature, I do not want to see your feet. The second thing I noticed are the expressions, both the angler and the fish. The fisher looks as if he is eagerly waiting to mount the cornhole of this fish from behind. Lewd thoughts are going through his brain there. And the fish looks like he knows he is about to be defiled but has accepted this as his fate. Ho hum. Also, this image is prime fodder for RFA. You said you would continue your artwork right? Now's your chance.

Hey Wooly, I've got a buddy scouting down there today. I'll give you a call when I can get out of the shop. Been breathing solvent fumes all day and I need some fresh air.
boy in long pants

Vito

Post by Vito » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:21 pm

Gayzing - the act of staring at a fish in a creepy manner, which occurs during a staged photo, as if you don't know your photo is being taken. The one doing the gayzing is known as a gayzer.

With that said, there certainly appears to be some gayzing going on there. Judging by the posters consistent high level of photo work on this board, no doubt some of the best we see around here, I can only assume it was done in the name of this contest. Gayzing is very popular in fly fishing rags. Perhaps he felt this would appease the judges.
"And now I am, against my better judgement, high at work." - jhnnythndr

RFA

Post by RFA » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:19 pm

CarelessEthiopian wrote:

I'm not one to judge here since A) I'm not giving away line holders, B) there are plenty of photos out there in which I look quite douchey. That being said, I probably would not have included the photo above. The first thing I noticed was the foot. Unless you have fallopian tubes and are of small stature, I do not want to see your feet. The second thing I noticed are the expressions, both the angler and the fish. The fisher looks as if he is eagerly waiting to mount the cornhole of this fish from behind. Lewd thoughts are going through his brain there. And the fish looks like he knows he is about to be defiled but has accepted this as his fate. Ho hum. Also, this image is prime fodder for RFA. You said you would continue your artwork right? Now's your chance.

Hey Wooly, I've got a buddy scouting down there today. I'll give you a call when I can get out of the shop. Been breathing solvent fumes all day and I need some fresh air.
Wow....picture perfect for me. I don't want to run away with this one though. I'll leave it alone.
As it turns out, God? He was a squirrel. A big 'ol meaty one. "I found god, he used to say"

FredA

Post by FredA » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:42 pm

CarelessEthiopian wrote:

Yeah, and there's just something about that high-tea pinky that weirds me out too...

get er done

Post by get er done » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:37 pm

While I have chosen to neither agree or differ on this general assessment of the photo, there does seem to be irrefutable evidence that “gayzing” has and does occur. I myself continue to replay what generated such a Mr. Rodgers look-a-like gesture to no avail. I suppose the said snapshot in question captured my enamored state of touching a huge bone (no pun intended).

One would fathom what many of you trout yodeling lads would gesture up upon touching a fish that stripped 100 yards of your backing twice in 10 inches of water. Possibly “gayzing”? Urinating in your trousers? Who’s to say really. On some occasions the fish make a fool of you regardless. It would seem this to be one of those instances.

As for those concerned with feet and pinky’s well, I cannot assist with that as I never made paid much attention to another man’s feet and/or pinky finger.

I guess this is the softer gentler RFA we will come to love……………
"The fishing will come back slowly, your wife, on the other hand - she's going to be batshit crazy from the day that kid pops out forever. Pour a sip for her, half of her brain comes out with the placenta." - RFA

tailchaser

Post by tailchaser » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:02 pm

get 'er done wrote:
I guess this is the softer gentler RFA we will come to love……………

i doubt it
"Most of my money I spent on whiskey and women. The rest I just wasted." locogringo

"Fishing and whores... 99 percent of my brain activity." Blumpkin