Monthly photo contests will be the feature of this forum. Discussions of photographic techniques, gear, software, etc will (hopefully) discussed here.
I got an invite a month back to head down to Folly Beach just outside of Charleston, SC. with a group a beautiful women. After much debate, I begrudgingly obliged their request. The ladies scored a decent beach front pad and stocked it full of food, beer and liquor. As horrible as it was, I may consider doing it again should the invite circle around in the future.

And now for some pics....

Sunset Cay Marina...

Moonlight walks on the beach...

View from the nekkid tanning deck at the house

Saying Goodbye...

Squiggly wrote:None from the deck, just from the early morning walks....
Dibs on the gig as nipple fluffer next year.
blue ridge angler wrote:Beautiful pics man,
Glad I got to see the last one befroe it disappeared..
Me too. I'm a little surprised it went so quick. I thought the law never visited these parts...

T
Tailer wrote:
blue ridge angler wrote:Beautiful pics man,
Glad I got to see the last one befroe it disappeared..
Me too. I'm a little surprised it went so quick. I thought the law never visited these parts...

T
The Law has been WAY too quick lately.

Hate to ask a technical question Squig, but what sharpness settings do you use when you format for the web. Your stuff retains great detail even at small resolution.
Good question Deet. I sometimes get lazy with web versions and use a High Level in unsharp mask (around 240-270) though I'd NEVER recommend that for print. In fact, stay far away from any "marked" sharpening in print. I run a couple of contrast actions for output sharpening when printing as well as the occasional High Pass mask. I'm very lucky that my lady friend has an uncle who is a 45+ year vet in both photography and printing. He's been blowing my mind in this arena for the last month now and my prints have taken another leap forward.

The trick is to sharpen without halo's. For example, take an image with a hard border against a gradient (like sky or smooth water) and use a high level of sharpening. Then blow up to %100 or higher and look at the edge between the two and you'll notice where a lightening of the background becomes apparent in a thin line between the two. Now, turn and run the other way....far far away.

I'm trying to talk my 'guru' into selling a few of his actions for sharpening. If he decides to do so, I'll let you know. He uses a high enough level to cover everything, and you can easily back them off with opacity to fit just about any scenario. Well worth it imho. But again, for web....unsharp mask is usually just fine.

EDIT: Or perhaps just ignore me for the moment....I've been putting back a few heavy hitters this afternoon. :cool

Happy to tie up a few of these for the tackle box.[…]

Mitch buggered him. Heart attack soon followed.

Winter steelhead fly swap 2019

Inspired by the swap. 9B7D3411-99F9-4DC9-A62[…]

Bourbon drinkers

D2D27916-082B-46DE-882A-00326A503BBA.png

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine