Monthly photo contests will be the feature of this forum. Discussions of photographic techniques, gear, software, etc will (hopefully) discussed here.
kennebago wrote:This is a photo of two friends (who will remain nameless) and me (on left) during our 1979 canoe/camping/fly fishing trip on Maine's St. John River. Trip was outstanding, but the fish did not fear us that year.

Somebody suggested this might have been the inspiration for Stephen King's book "Stand by Me"...I doubt it. Others said we looked like fly fishing riff raff.....I can accept that.

The guy in the middle must be Robin Hood, and the guy with the stick must be Little John.

Tell Maid Marian there on the right that she needs to lay off the mead and keep her shirt on.
CharlieJenkem wrote:I didn't know Juan Luis Pedro Felipo de Huevos Epstein was a fly fisherman.
Bwa-ha-ha-ha!!!
I thought the exact same thing when I saw this pic.
You can really see the resemblance when you zoom in a little...

kennebago wrote:
SOBF wrote:Please please please NEVER come back to Maine !!!
I'm from Maine, ass hole!

OK, fair enough. I say stay there but don't ever post here ever again as no one will ever care for your pic or story. You're not welcome until you do a proper intro. That should be clear enough for you. Now, do the right thing. It's still your call. :coffee
Horn_Identity wrote:
kennebago wrote:
SOBF wrote:Please please please NEVER come back to Maine !!!
I'm from Maine, ass hole!

OK, fair enough. I say stay there but don't ever post here ever again as no one will ever care for your pic or story. You're not welcome until you do a proper intro. That should be clear enough for you. Now, do the right thing. It's still your call. :coffee
I'd be glad to make a proper intro, but missed the rules section when I first posted....if you would point it out to me perhaps I will intro myself........based upon the derisive insults coming from people on this board, I will pass on the intro...see you later..... All I wanted to do was post a photo of three friends fly fishing on the St John River back in 1997.....it was a great trip.....we had a great time...the fishing was poor.....like I said....see ya.
kennebago wrote:
I'd be glad to make a proper intro, but missed the rules section when I first posted....if you would point it out to me perhaps I will intro myself........based upon the derisive insults coming from people on this board, I will pass on the intro...see you later..... All I wanted to do was post a photo of three friends fly fishing on the St John River back in 1997.....it was a great trip.....we had a great time...the fishing was poor.....like I said....see ya.
Are you bipolar?

I released 25 of my homing pigeons yesterday morni[…]

How to disable avatar?

Hello i am new user and i would to ask you, How to[…]

New Partner - TR

Late to the party on this one. Fine job there p[…]

I'm sitting here in southeast LA complaining becau[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine