Monthly photo contests will be the feature of this forum. Discussions of photographic techniques, gear, software, etc will (hopefully) discussed here.
By jdub
For those of you that like to tinker...

http://nikonrumors.com/2014/01/26/odd-ways-of-macro-photography.aspx/#more-71000
Last edited by jdub on Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By DerekHauffe
Nice idea! I haven't seen the approach of removing an element from a lens before. Looks like it provides great results.
By RichardVincent
Macro lenses have a very shallow depth of field, so you have to do what you can to maximize the depth of field and hold the camera steady. To maximize the depth of field, you need to shoot with a smaller f/stop (higher number). To minimize camera shake you should use a tripod or use a faster shutter speed. Since a smaller aperture and a faster shutter speed both cut the light going to the sensor, you need to either shoot a very well lit scene, or increase your ASA. If you use a tripod, pushing the shutter can cause camera shake, so it helps to use a remote release or auto timer.
best online MBA programs
By CharlieJenkem
RichardVincent wrote:Macro lenses have a very shallow depth of field, so you have to do what you can to maximize the depth of field and hold the camera steady. To maximize the depth of field, you need to shoot with a smaller f/stop (higher number). To minimize camera shake you should use a tripod or use a faster shutter speed. Since a smaller aperture and a faster shutter speed both cut the light going to the sensor, you need to either shoot a very well lit scene, or increase your ASA. If you use a tripod, pushing the shutter can cause camera shake, so it helps to use a remote release or auto timer.
best online MBA programs
I got your macro right here, F-shtup
By dominoqq
The article you wrote was very nice and the contents of the articles are also highly qualified and be useful for a lot of people .. Thanks for sharing ..
:needs_pics
agen domino
By brent_e
cool beans. some neat stuff on there.

I miss the salt, more so now eh... :cool

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Ivemyer’s Hot-Spot Emerger (variation) […]

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49909295692_1[…]

93F279A2-B8AE-4AAA-8F54-DB6286C7D6DE.jpeg

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine