Monthly photo contests will be the feature of this forum. Discussions of photographic techniques, gear, software, etc will (hopefully) discussed here.
By Deadwestern
[report]My wife’s fascination with fishing is, while similar to mine, laced with a sometimes deeper sense of gratitude. I spend my time off the water, tying (shitty) flies, and planning our next trip, while she reminisces of the time we have spent, and the fish she has caught. She has been particularly smitten with a certain trout she caught a few years ago, her first on a dry fly.

Despite a new job keeping her busy, she finally had time to finish this. The first in a series on reclaimed wood.

Image[/report]
Last edited by Deadwestern on Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Redchaser
Her art is very nice, and you are very lucky.
By slapshot
That's really cool.
By austrotard
just mind she didn't make it to hit you with.

cool.
By Deadwestern
austrotard wrote:just mind she didn't make it to hit you with.

cool.
For that I am thankful
By NeedmoreDEET
Deadwestern wrote:
austrotard wrote:just mind she didn't make it to hit you with.

cool.
For that I am thankful
A match made in heaven, right?

Nice stuff. Congrats and good luck for the long haul.
By The Wandering Blues
Talented lady. Looks like she's the real deal.
By Deadwestern
[report]Number 2. Her long awaited speckled trout, after a few nearly fishless days in the lagoon.

Image[/report]
By Deadwestern
[report]I love the isolation winter brings. For the next few months the lake is calm, the crowds are non-existant, and the striper is king. They keep me out late at night as often as not drinking by my self in hopes to landing one of these oversized landlocked salt fish . The dichotomous Lu Lu Lady cares not about the large fish of winter, but rather sunshine and the Great American Panfish. They don't need to be chased down, overanalyzed, or searched for. Sunfish are where you are, at the dock drinking a beer, swimming with friends just off the point, in casting distance from the beach bonfire.

Image[/report]
Last edited by Deadwestern on Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By ironman
Great use of color. Really like the contrast against the board.

What's the origin of the reclaimed material?

Covid fishing at its finest. :cool

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Ivemyer’s Hot-Spot Emerger (variation) […]

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49909295692_1[…]

93F279A2-B8AE-4AAA-8F54-DB6286C7D6DE.jpeg

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine