Camera Question?

Monthly photo contests will be the feature of this forum. Discussions of photographic techniques, gear, software, etc will (hopefully) discussed here.
SLSS

Re: Camera Question?

Post by SLSS » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:46 am

It'll be great for baby picture too, papa. :cool
It's lime the battles between sperm whales and giant squid half a mile below the surface of the ocean. Only it happens in the palm I your hand.- thndr

when I fall, I am still cold and wet, but much more stylishly dressed. as my hat disappears in the riffle- flybug.pa

"Sugar? No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough."

chadroc

Post by chadroc » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:58 am

and underwater pictures of the little one! think nirvana never mind and reaching for a big hunk of primo tail as opposed to a buck.

jumping this post here, but i got a tg3 recently and really like it. have not added the wide angle or telephoto lens to it but will do so shortly. my issue is with the detachable ring around the lens attachment....which i have lost and had to buy a replacement at $5. not bank breaking, but annoying when i lost the replacement as well. i keep it around my neck down the front of the waders and taking the camera out apparently forces the ring to turn and detach and be lost forever to the river. any hack on this?

payment!!!

holding it down on the other side of the border

davesnothere

Post by davesnothere » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:27 pm

Yes, but it will be 5 seppo.
"And, finally, not because I regard fishing as being so terribly important but because I suspect that so many other concerns of men are equally unimportant -- and not nearly so much fun" - John D. Voelker, by courtesy of Ajax.

mendthatshit87

Post by mendthatshit87 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:15 pm

I know I'm late to the party but I love my TG-3
"......what evil lurks in the hearts of Drake."

Hogleg

Post by Hogleg » Wed May 06, 2015 10:13 pm

chadroc wrote: ...my issue is with the detachable ring around the lens attachment....which i have lost and had to buy a replacement at $5. not bank breaking, but annoying when i lost the replacement as well. i keep it around my neck down the front of the waders and taking the camera out apparently forces the ring to turn and detach and be lost forever to the river. any hack on this?
No hack to offer but I can tell you (roughly) where you can possibly find three of those rings (gently used) for free.

-One is a bush plane ride to a 100+ mile DIY float trip down a wilderness river in Alaska- it's somewhere around there, maybe 50 miles in or so. Pretty good salmon fishing.

-Another is in Baja somewhere along a 25 mile stretch of beach on the west side of the East Cape, Sea of Cortez. Decent Rooster fishing when you hit it just right.

-The other one is somewhere in my garage. Probably better luck finding the other two.

If you're interested I can draw you a map of all three locations.

*Disclaimer: Two of the three could be deep within the Bering Sea and the Sea of Cortez respectively by now. I'm 99% sure the third one is still in my garage.
"girls with eating disorders will usually let you come in there in butt." -Jhnnythndr
"...my grandmother’s Tang always tasted like rusty water and dirty socks." - Average Joe
"with some limited exceptions steelhead live where the lady selection is sparce." - MTG

fatman

Post by fatman » Thu May 07, 2015 8:07 am

chadroc wrote: any hack on this?
yeah. Don't worry about it.

My TG-2 came with two (one black, one red)
Lost them both, now operating without.

I bought the attachment for the filters; I don't use it anymore, because it makes the
camera less handy to slip in and out of a pocket.
My drinkin' days are over; I'm still trouble bound - Slaid Cleaves

"This place is so fucked up. Where else could you find a thread with a Debbie Gibson song, a chapter from Fyodor Dostoevsky, and a sweet under boob pic like that on the same page?" - Hogleg

"You may not be smart, but your car gets good gas mileage". - Stovetop

chawes

Post by chawes » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:36 pm

I would look at B&H Photo. They have a used equipment. I bought 2 D3200 camera bodies for $399 each plus bought lenses to. I would look on Ebay for a Nikon SB600 Strobe. I do photography professional

Hogleg

Post by Hogleg » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:09 am

chawes wrote:I would look at B&H Photo. They have a used equipment. I bought 2 D3200 camera bodies for $399 each plus bought lenses to. I would look on Ebay for a Nikon SB600 Strobe. I do photography professional
No shit?!?!

Where have you been man? Thanks for those helpful tips. Ebay huh? I'll have to google that.

So you're a pro photographer? That's so cool man. Maybe you could tell us about that and share some of your work here?
"girls with eating disorders will usually let you come in there in butt." -Jhnnythndr
"...my grandmother’s Tang always tasted like rusty water and dirty socks." - Average Joe
"with some limited exceptions steelhead live where the lady selection is sparce." - MTG

fatman

Post by fatman » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:47 pm

chawes wrote: I do photography professional
yes, but you do grammar amateur

fukk off
dodging 403 error
My drinkin' days are over; I'm still trouble bound - Slaid Cleaves

"This place is so fucked up. Where else could you find a thread with a Debbie Gibson song, a chapter from Fyodor Dostoevsky, and a sweet under boob pic like that on the same page?" - Hogleg

"You may not be smart, but your car gets good gas mileage". - Stovetop