Unlimited non-fishing photography

Monthly photo contests will be the feature of this forum. Discussions of photographic techniques, gear, software, etc will (hopefully) discussed here.
fatman

Re: Unlimited non-fishing photography

Post by fatman » Sun May 31, 2015 9:13 am

I really dig those old department store guitars; they seem to have a lot of soul. Lots of tunes played on those old things.
My drinkin' days are over; I'm still trouble bound - Slaid Cleaves

"This place is so fucked up. Where else could you find a thread with a Debbie Gibson song, a chapter from Fyodor Dostoevsky, and a sweet under boob pic like that on the same page?" - Hogleg

"You may not be smart, but your car gets good gas mileage". - Stovetop

cantfishforshit.

Post by cantfishforshit. » Sun May 31, 2015 9:49 am

I was surprised at how good the wood resonated for such a cheap guitar...not a $2000-3000 Martin of course, but it sounds good enough for what I'm using it for. Playing around with my new macro lens:

“I am a fisherman. The work is simple, as is my life. Still, I take pride in my work because on these waters, I may think, and reason not to."

-Hindu Fisherman

"Do you remember, Odin, when in bygone days we mixed our blood together? You said you would never drink ale unless it were brought to both of us?" -Njal

fallen513

Post by fallen513 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:09 pm

I was trying to be a dick. You know, annoying. Just fuckin' with ya.

Keep practicing. Soon you'll be able to get it where it's not just a big blurry shit pile.
____________________________________________________________________________________
I love flyfishing so much I want it to die. -thalweg

Isn't it TIME?

fallen513

Post by fallen513 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:13 pm

Instead of slowing your shutter speed, raise your ISO. Needs to be at least 1/60 or so, unless you're Muhammad Ali. Try ISO 400.

$5.
____________________________________________________________________________________
I love flyfishing so much I want it to die. -thalweg

Isn't it TIME?

cantfishforshit.

Post by cantfishforshit. » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:59 am

Jesus Christ...You can be positive and helpful. I'm shocked.
“I am a fisherman. The work is simple, as is my life. Still, I take pride in my work because on these waters, I may think, and reason not to."

-Hindu Fisherman

"Do you remember, Odin, when in bygone days we mixed our blood together? You said you would never drink ale unless it were brought to both of us?" -Njal

cantfishforshit.

Post by cantfishforshit. » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:12 pm

Thanks for the help, Fallen. Still not the best pics, but a lot better and easier to take. For you "creative geniuses" that are going to comment on my ties, I realize that they aren't very good...thanks.

Gratuitous tying desk pic

-Hindu Fisherman

Bigguy

Post by Bigguy » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:27 pm

Interesting tying location, just make sure you don't mix tying recipes with cooking recipes!

cantfishforshit.

Post by cantfishforshit. » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:23 am

My apartment is tiny....unless your from NYC.

-Hindu Fisherman

SOBF

Post by SOBF » Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:13 am

I could teach you to take better pictures and tie better flies. Jess sayin'

woolly bugger

Post by woolly bugger » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:03 am

ex "I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!"
me "There's a season???"

"Go down to the creek. Cast a line over the bright water. Let every thought, emotion and feeling go. Wild water abides."

I wish there were more people here that put up the type of quality shit you do. Been feeshn' lately? - Ryan

cantfishforshit.

Post by cantfishforshit. » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:28 am

SOBF wrote:I could teach you to take better pictures and tie better flies. Jess sayin'

No you couldn't...I've seen your pics.

-Hindu Fisherman

Thrillbilly

Post by Thrillbilly » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:27 pm

Saw this car sticking out of the side of a mountain above the entrance to an abandoned mine while out exploring with by kids.