kind of self-explanatory, right? We seem to have some impressive thread-wrappers that lurk around this board. let's try to keep your "first booger" posts at a minimum.
By overbrook
Somewhere in one of these threads I mentioned trying a "wiggle frog" I ordered some olive 1/2" cylinders a while back and just now had a few minutes to screw around and try one. It looks like it should work.....though I'd like to be able to sand and round out the ass rather than just trimming it on the sides. Whenever the hell I get a chance to throw it....I'll post wether it swims or fails.

:cool
By steelhyde
overbrook wrote:Somewhere in one of these threads I mentioned trying a "wiggle frog" I ordered some olive 1/2" cylinders a while back and just now had a few minutes to screw around and try one. It looks like it should work.....though I'd like to be able to sand and round out the ass rather than just trimming it on the sides. Whenever the hell I get a chance to throw it....I'll post wether it swims or fails.

:cool
I'm curious how that'll work. In my playing with wiggles (big and small) the hook size plays a huge role. Definitely need the keel of the hook to keep the thing from spinning.
By T.J. Brayshaw
overbrook wrote: I ordered some olive 1/2" cylinders a while back
Nice looking frog. You know, if you're so inclined you can fairly easily make some basic cutters out of copper pipe and punch out cylinders in a variety of sizes, quickly, and for pennies apiece.

By steelhound
By Hogleg
Bruiser wrote:
I have probably tied 2000 pheasant tails alone with that thing just for myself, and about a Brazilian midges, and lots and lots of other stuff.
Let the record show that I'm officially placing my order for one dozen Brazilian midges.
By D-nymph
jadedlocal wrote:
is that your new paddlefish snagging fly?

quit linking your blog spamdouche
Mind your business, twatty.

Backcountry camping is better. Can still be bus[…]

So you want to own a flyshop?

Great stuff, Rich, keep em coming.

Friday Cheer Through Pics

Got absolutely schooled here recently. https://i.[…]

The return of Stolen Hours

March 3, 2021 #7 Gas $2.55 Drove on up expectin[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine