Page 735 of 736

Re: whatcha tying?

Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:06 am
by Honyuk96
Emerald shiner

Re: whatcha tying?

Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:16 pm
by fly-chucker
Poopfish dragon
20210118_161517.jpg
20210118_161517.jpg (87.64 KiB) Viewed 213 times

Re: whatcha tying?

Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:56 am
by Lando
I finally got my hands on that new swimbait hook from Ahrex....
2F50AE53-130E-41CE-BEDA-BF6E9BD1C9BE.jpeg
2F50AE53-130E-41CE-BEDA-BF6E9BD1C9BE.jpeg (142.81 KiB) Viewed 188 times
EBF3E7ED-3365-46FA-B337-CAAEB2C0DEFA.jpeg
EBF3E7ED-3365-46FA-B337-CAAEB2C0DEFA.jpeg (122.17 KiB) Viewed 188 times
BE4A375A-7A44-4C10-8321-F4FCF6692989.jpeg
BE4A375A-7A44-4C10-8321-F4FCF6692989.jpeg (80.22 KiB) Viewed 188 times

Re: whatcha tying?

Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:57 am
by stillsteamin
fly-chucker wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:16 pm Poopfish dragon

20210118_161517.jpg
Oop, i like that fly. That'd catch the shit out of some gills and bass too. Care to toss up a recipe on that one?

Re: whatcha tying?

Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:00 pm
by fly-chucker
stillsteamin wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:57 am
fly-chucker wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:16 pm Poopfish dragon

20210118_161517.jpg
Oop, i like that fly. That'd catch the shit out of some gills and bass too. Care to toss up a recipe on that one?
Here you go.
I used a 2571 #2 and olive foam instead of the brown.
The yarn is the bitch part. It's been discontinued, some one sent me a couple of feet. Can't find it anywhere. Going to have to find a substitute.
20210119_145511.jpg
20210119_145511.jpg (47.01 KiB) Viewed 167 times

Re: whatcha tying?

Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:40 am
by LA Fly Guy
fly-chucker wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:00 pm
The yarn is the bitch part. It's been discontinued, some one sent me a couple of feet. Can't find it anywhere. Going to have to find a substitute.
Yeah I tie some worms like this.

Image

I have some left over, but I will need to find a substitute soon. The only ones I have found come in single colors or striped colors. I like the variegated look of the Bohemian yarn the best.

Re: whatcha tying?

Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:55 am
by stillsteamin
fly-chucker wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:00 pm
stillsteamin wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:57 am
fly-chucker wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:16 pm Poopfish dragon

20210118_161517.jpg
Oop, i like that fly. That'd catch the shit out of some gills and bass too. Care to toss up a recipe on that one?
Here you go.
I used a 2571 #2 and olive foam instead of the brown.
The yarn is the bitch part. It's been discontinued, some one sent me a couple of feet. Can't find it anywhere. Going to have to find a substitute.
20210119_145511.jpg
Much obliged. You think that chenille they tie pat's rubber legs out of would work? Comes in that same mottled pattern.

Re: whatcha tying?

Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:38 am
by Heero[CntRmbrPwd]
Here are some weenie flies Ive tied over the past week and a half.
8A7CD8E8-BCDD-4EF8-B3E2-6FB62D724A6C.jpeg
8A7CD8E8-BCDD-4EF8-B3E2-6FB62D724A6C.jpeg (125.33 KiB) Viewed 124 times
339F17BD-1707-4EF7-BEA2-32870552DC96.jpeg
339F17BD-1707-4EF7-BEA2-32870552DC96.jpeg (134.21 KiB) Viewed 124 times
9B9E86AC-4385-4C30-98DE-34870CF6A691.jpeg
9B9E86AC-4385-4C30-98DE-34870CF6A691.jpeg (113.67 KiB) Viewed 124 times
9E8ED542-B081-4F71-B321-E17C3ABD4388.jpeg
9E8ED542-B081-4F71-B321-E17C3ABD4388.jpeg (120.67 KiB) Viewed 124 times
133B1723-0549-4D75-AD3F-9F471BEBEB9E.jpeg
133B1723-0549-4D75-AD3F-9F471BEBEB9E.jpeg (90.84 KiB) Viewed 124 times
CC36E9E9-5945-4936-B5F0-CD6F2C3D0965.jpeg
CC36E9E9-5945-4936-B5F0-CD6F2C3D0965.jpeg (144.69 KiB) Viewed 124 times
DA5CE2B9-1D2C-4D38-9BF4-62AFC144ACD7.jpeg
DA5CE2B9-1D2C-4D38-9BF4-62AFC144ACD7.jpeg (98.05 KiB) Viewed 124 times
E1CB31AF-930B-48E8-A399-69C26FBA343A.jpeg
E1CB31AF-930B-48E8-A399-69C26FBA343A.jpeg (87.77 KiB) Viewed 124 times

Re: whatcha tying?

Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:50 am
by stillsteamin
Nymphs!?!?!?!
ImmediatePoisedAiredaleterrier-small.gif
ImmediatePoisedAiredaleterrier-small.gif (475.78 KiB) Viewed 121 times
And on jig hooks no less. Fucking degenerate.

Re: whatcha tying?

Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:24 am
by Heero[CntRmbrPwd]
I know. I dont know why I tie them as they dont ever get fished, but my ADnD requires me to have a full selection of flies in my fly box for piece of mind.

Re: whatcha tying?

Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:46 am
by Average Joe
I will fish those when I visit you this summer.

Re: whatcha tying?

Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:13 pm
by pbrstreetgang
LA Fly Guy wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:40 am
fly-chucker wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:00 pm
The yarn is the bitch part. It's been discontinued, some one sent me a couple of feet. Can't find it anywhere. Going to have to find a substitute.
Yeah I tie some worms like this.

Image

I have some left over, but I will need to find a substitute soon. The only ones I have found come in single colors or striped colors. I like the variegated look of the Bohemian yarn the best.
find olive chenille/yarn in a similar size
get a brown sharpie and a black sharpie
mottle chenille/yarn by alternating colors and coverage areas

Done