BIG FATTY STREAMER SWAP

kind of self-explanatory, right? We seem to have some impressive thread-wrappers that lurk around this board. let's try to keep your "first booger" posts at a minimum.
Ricky Bobby

Re: BIG FATTY STREAMER SWAP

Post by Ricky Bobby » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:51 pm

Holly Shit!!!

Great swap- The best I have been involved in... Where the hell did you find stainless 60 degree hooks... Veddy Nice.
Well, I''m the best there is. Plain and simple, when I wake up in the morning I piss excellence

Woolybug25

Post by Woolybug25 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:03 pm

I liked AT's idea of letting y'all know what the thoughts are on your flies. So here I go.

CCB- Loved this fly. The color combo lends it to many situations. I haven't used a lot of flies tied on that hook, but know that you kill it on em. I look forward to using it.

SoutherStrain- I dug this pattern as well. It could even double as an odd mouse pattern.

BearsFan- Cool lookin' fly. If it were smaller, I would go stick it into a carp, but I think there is a sw MI smallie that has its name on it. Thanks for the feathers as well. I use flank quite a bit and will look forward to using some quality feathers.

Thalweg- I LOVE THE SWIMMIN' JIMMY! Ever since I first saw this pattern I thought they were cool. I have so many ideas on where to use them its retarded. Thanks for the goodies too. I wore the hat during the playoffs though, and it certianly didnt bring our squad any luck. It was also very cool of you to take request on color pattern, I am sure everyone really appreciated that.

Nich- Another pattern that I will have trouble choosing where to fish. I can think of too many options where this fly should kill it. I know I will be bringing it with my on my steelhead trip, so I might leave the trailer and try to get something on the swing!

NeedsMoreDEET- This fly is going to push some serious water. Thanks for the extras too! I can tell that you are a very talented tyer and appreciate the effort you put in. It shows in the quality of your ties.

Mark- Cool pattern that I am looking forward to seeing in the water. The carp toads you threw in are awesome. For a guy that doesnt fish carp (yet), you certiantly can tie a mean carp toad. Thanks again.

Rhyacophila- I do agree with AT that these were a lil bit on the small side, but awesome none the less. I tie up this exact bug myself and do very well on it. It works on a lot of different species and conditions and I appreciate that you tied it in a some different color schemes. The salt guys got the saltier ones and I am sure you will see one of these in the fish pics to follow.

Woolbug- I hope that the salt dudes can find a use for my fly. Its intended for being stripped on heavy sinktips to trout, but I am sure some retarded snook might grab on. The original pattern (Boogeyman) calls for the eyes to be tied under the hook like that, so you are going to have to trust me. Put em in a bath tub to see what I mean. I hope they work for somebody.

Ricky Bobby- Your sri lanken hands must be tired. Cool fly that I will certianly be sticking into a brown shortly! Thanks for the stickers too. My tying table looks a lot cooler now.

Lenny - The white and orange combo actually has worked pretty well for me on smallies and pike. I like the pattern and will probably use it on the latter. The extras you sent were especially cool. I will be swingin those for steel here in a couple weeks.

SLSS- I tried not to pick favorites, but I cant. This is my favorite fly of the bunch. With steelhead season here, this was a welcome addition to my arsenal. I found the tube length to be fine, but even if it were to be too long, it can be cut down to size. Better to be too long than too short. I sent the extra (everybody had an extra because of Speyducer dropping out, thats why there is a pattern that you have two of.) I sent to Jerome, so he might get into his first steel with it. I hope I did good by paying it forward. :cool

Articulated Trico-first of all, your use of explanation points is flawless! I also think that it was cool of you to tie a pattern for each person individually. I can tell you took your time on your flies and they look great. A simple, yet classic pattern that is bound to work anywhere. Another fly that I am sure we will see in the pictures that everyone will post once they start sticking these in some fish (right? [que broken record])

Overall, I am real happy how this turned out. There are no flies that came in thise swap that will go unused. So as a final grade, I think this swap was the tits!

"All mountain hippies are as young as they day they were born, smarter than Einstein, better looking than Tom Selleck and could outfish an army of pinners." - foureyedgeek

www.hiptothesip.blogspot.com

NICH

Post by NICH » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:39 pm

I'm stilled bummed out Salmo dropped out, AT and Wooly's grading would've made my day.
"Did you hand a buddy your coors light and say "watch this" right before posting this shit?" Yard Sale

We've already discussed pissed stained goat pubes and their applications in fly tying... Do a search dumb@$$! JoshO

http://flyobsession.com/

NeedmoreDEET

Post by NeedmoreDEET » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:11 pm

No 1.jpg
No 1.jpg (95.45 KiB) Viewed 779 times
No 2.jpg
No 2.jpg (69.59 KiB) Viewed 777 times
No 3.jpg
No 3.jpg (79.91 KiB) Viewed 777 times
No 4.jpg
No 4.jpg (71.29 KiB) Viewed 777 times
No 5.jpg
No 5.jpg (77.86 KiB) Viewed 777 times
No 6.jpg
No 6.jpg (65.15 KiB) Viewed 772 times
Last edited by NeedmoreDEET on Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I like that quote....now have someone hold your head under water until you post a proper intro....or until you stop struggling. - RFA

NeedmoreDEET

Post by NeedmoreDEET » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:24 pm

No 7.jpg
No 7.jpg (74.58 KiB) Viewed 760 times
No 8.jpg
No 8.jpg (83.12 KiB) Viewed 760 times
No 9.jpg
No 9.jpg (77.44 KiB) Viewed 760 times
No 10.jpg
No 10.jpg (78.5 KiB) Viewed 760 times
No 11.jpg
No 11.jpg (67.25 KiB) Viewed 760 times
No 12.jpg
No 12.jpg (68.02 KiB) Viewed 760 times
No 13.jpg
No 13.jpg (97.03 KiB) Viewed 758 times
Sorry guys some pix are better than others. I did it with a G9 P&S camera without a tripod. I did have two Ott lights and a remote flash under the table...
Last edited by NeedmoreDEET on Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I like that quote....now have someone hold your head under water until you post a proper intro....or until you stop struggling. - RFA

BearsFan

Post by BearsFan » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:05 pm

Those pictures suck. Sorry I had limited time before the game the other week, next time.

Wolly, regarding the feathers, if they are actually quality and you would like more let me know. That shit be flying all over down here. Postage ain't to much them being light as a feather and all.
Last edited by BearsFan on Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I've been searching my whole life for a woman to feed me once a day and eat me once a day. My needs are simple." - Outcast

"Mostly I think about hookers and Tarpon fishing." - blumpkin

NeedmoreDEET

Post by NeedmoreDEET » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:06 pm

No problem man. It was probably more fun with the youngsters :cool

BearsFan

Post by BearsFan » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:11 pm

Actually a female friend from out of town.... My kids are generally too drunk to remember I was even there.
"I've been searching my whole life for a woman to feed me once a day and eat me once a day. My needs are simple." - Outcast

NeedmoreDEET

Post by NeedmoreDEET » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:25 pm

BearsFan wrote:Actually a female friend from out of town.... My kids are generally too drunk to remember I was even there.
Now that is a damn good reason!

Woolybug25

Post by Woolybug25 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:30 pm

Thanks for puttin' those up Deet. Where do you find a table like that?

Bearsfan - Absolutely, I go through a ton of that shit. Anything I can send in return?
"All mountain hippies are as young as they day they were born, smarter than Einstein, better looking than Tom Selleck and could outfish an army of pinners." - foureyedgeek

www.hiptothesip.blogspot.com

BearsFan

Post by BearsFan » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:42 pm

Nope, nothing I can think of. If you run into something sure, but don't worry about it.

NeedmoreDEET

Post by NeedmoreDEET » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:54 am

A few guys have asked about the Photo Table. This one was less than $50 at an on-line wholesaler. PITA to set up, but it's pretty cool. The shots would be better with a dedicated macro lens and a tripod, but I was in a hurry. I used the extention cord to put the flash underneath to shoot through the plexi.
Photo_Table.jpg
Photo_Table.jpg (114.87 KiB) Viewed 840 times