Sponge Bob Square Head - Musky(predator) Popper

kind of self-explanatory, right? We seem to have some impressive thread-wrappers that lurk around this board. let's try to keep your "first booger" posts at a minimum.
SLSS

Re: Sponge Bob Square Head - Musky(predator) Popper

Post by SLSS » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:12 am

Yeah, Cerevisiaephilus is on it. Marabou blood quills from a name supplier should have you on track. I still find the packages mixed quality- probably just like the feathers on a bird. I prefer the good stuff for everything- bugger tails, wrapping, nymph wraps- and have just been chucking the bad stuff. Turns out I should've been sending it to Cerev. If you see it in a shop, open the pack and check it out- the ratio of bad to good can go either way.

And I think Deet's idea with the fan is a little slice of brilliance- though I'm afraid of the idea of a fan anywhere near my tying mess.
It's lime the battles between sperm whales and giant squid half a mile below the surface of the ocean. Only it happens in the palm I your hand.- thndr

when I fall, I am still cold and wet, but much more stylishly dressed. as my hat disappears in the riffle- flybug.pa

"Sugar? No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough."

NeedmoreDEET

Post by NeedmoreDEET » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:27 pm

TEENY TINY fan...
:Roll Eyes
If you can find Wapsi-branded stuff, the packages seem to have a higher good vs. shit ratio.
I like that quote....now have someone hold your head under water until you post a proper intro....or until you stop struggling. - RFA

Spudnik

Post by Spudnik » Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:26 pm

Hareline sells Extra Select Marabou. Its the bee's knees.
"Do you think it is real? I bet it is hard and soft, like hard muscle but really smooth skin. I bet it is real nice." - midstream

cerevisiaephilus

Post by cerevisiaephilus » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:39 pm

Yeah, Hareline has quite a few different marabou varieties. This is a great post from Oregon Fly Fishing Blog (gasp, a blog) that does a nice job of breaking them down a bit.

http://oregonflyfishingblog.com/2010/01 ... ou-primer/
"All I feel is a slight hope that a giant, shunned, sexually deviant Cryptid will start enforcing his own perverted justice for crimes against nature." -jerome

steelhound

Post by steelhound » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:40 am

Bringing it up.
frustrated. After a few "what the fucks?" "i suck"s and a break on shore I convinced her to get back to casting. I clearly remember this question/statement "so you actually think this is fun. These fish are fucked"
Marlo