Classic Atlantic Salmon Fly Swap

kind of self-explanatory, right? We seem to have some impressive thread-wrappers that lurk around this board. let's try to keep your "first booger" posts at a minimum.
Aguirre

Classic Atlantic Salmon Fly Swap

Post by Aguirre » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:17 pm

THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN

1. AGUIRRE
d. SHUNNED
$. ROOT WAD
9. WOVEN STONE FLY
&. GLISTA
l. CHARLIE JENKINS
>. GINSENG SULLIVAN
Add on:
Jedi mind fuck

Classic Atlantic salmon flies are due in Atlanta no later than JULY 25, 2012. Participants will tie 7 flies with the extras to be auctioned for not less than $100 MILLION dollars and donated to a charity not yet determined. Participants shall send flies in a Riker box with tracking information. Aguirre the Wrath of God will randomly select flies for each member for a total of six flies, one from each Drakian.
Submitted flies should represent the Drakian's best work with particular attention to detail (see Glista's first fly).
The MVP of the swap will be selected by THE HOST and awarded a trophy.
A group photo of all the flies will be taken once gathered and posted on message boards far and wide. Children will cry, women will fall with weak knees, angels will sing.

Good luck, Godspeed

Antique hooks with twisted gut loops, or eyed hooks. We could do subs or no subs. if it calls for Heron, get Heron or blue eared. Calls for Indian Crow get Crow or use CDC or hackle tip. Needs Florican in the wing, you know the drill. 3/0 - 5/0. Doubles and Dee/Spey are also exceptable. Full history of each fly also must be provided so do some homework work. I have the history books if you don't.

Can you believe people could just walk into a shop and buy a fulldress Jock Scott to use for the day? And they caught fish!

Really this is a joke but I'd go in ifn some other sick people felt the need to complicate their life for a few nights.

Otherwise how bout another soft hackle swap? I want some of Hornidentity flies.

I don't expect much from this with everyone out fishing and drinking the summer away. Maybe fall would be a better time. Hell Root already has his done.
But I WOULD like get involved in a soft hackle swap deal. I been working on some nice lookers...
Last edited by Aguirre on Mon May 14, 2012 8:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I've been blessed with many things in this life. An arm like a damn rocket, a cock like a Burmese Python and the mind of a fuckin scientist."
-Kenny Fuckin Powers

Hogleg

Re: Classic Atlantic Salmon Fly Swap

Post by Hogleg » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:42 pm

I'd join you except for my fear of jungle cock. (I never turn down an opportunity to use jungle cock in a sentence.)
"girls with eating disorders will usually let you come in there in butt." -Jhnnythndr
"...my grandmother’s Tang always tasted like rusty water and dirty socks." - Average Joe
"with some limited exceptions steelhead live where the lady selection is sparce." - MTG

f*carp

Post by f*carp » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:58 pm

Id join if I could tie like you classic atlantic gents.

However, if this happens, please keep posting pics, cause these flies are gorgeous!!!!!!

Articulated Trico

Post by Articulated Trico » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:19 am

Most of my fishing has a utilitarian approach and wall hangers don't usually find space in my fly box. My flies come from my vice and get fished or passed onto to other anglers.

I have done the terrestrial/attractor swap, summer steelhead swap, two streamer swaps,a backcountry swap, and a few side swaps. This swap would definitely humble me! Sort of wishing it was in the winter and I might be tempted.
"them books is wrong"

"The universe shaped exactly like the earth if you go straight long enough you will end up where you were"

"Opinions were like kittens always giving them away"

Pelhament

Post by Pelhament » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:15 am

I would love to learn this art form, but passing on my first attempts would be a disservice to you all. However, if you go through with the soft hackle swap, let me know.
A rippin and a tearin, a rippin and a tearin.

Aguirre

Post by Aguirre » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:04 am

Screw it. Maybe in the winter. The shear amount of time they take makes it pretty unrealistic anyway. I don't fish with the silly things either but I love the chance to see others people work in my hands.

I really want to do a soft hackle swap though. I'll start a thread once I've had coffee.
"I've been blessed with many things in this life. An arm like a damn rocket, a cock like a Burmese Python and the mind of a fuckin scientist."
-Kenny Fuckin Powers

CharlieJenkem

Post by CharlieJenkem » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:38 am

I could get talked into it.... I'm not cranking out a dozen of them, but maybe some kind of numbers in a hat round-robin arrangement might work
Master of karate and friendship for everyone.

root wad

Post by root wad » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:07 am

I am with you Charlie. I would have a hard time tying 2 of the same pattern but I would tie a few different ones. I plan to have the ones I've been tying chewed up in BC starting the 12th.
Attachments
IMG_7626.jpg
IMG_7626.jpg (153.29 KiB) Viewed 8276 times
"A hatchery is what you get 'when you cross a sacred cow with a military base.'" Dr. Bernard Shanks
"When I found the skull in the woods, the first thing I did was call the police. But then I got curious about it. I picked it up, and started wondering who this person was, and why he had deer horns."

Aguirre

Post by Aguirre » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:13 am

Jesus Root, you're on a fucking mission.
I was on Ambien last night. (Take an ambien one night and sit down to the vise, you may be surprised in the morning)

Anyway, lets revisit this in the fall. I would love to get flies from yous guys, Charlie, maybe your idea is the way to go.
-Kenny Fuckin Powers

NeedmoreDEET

Post by NeedmoreDEET » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:24 am

I've been staring at the flies I got from Aguirre for the past week. I always wanted to tie some up and I've collected some of the required pieces, but never did anything. I look forward to seeing what you guys come up with.

More pictures :cool
I like that quote....now have someone hold your head under water until you post a proper intro....or until you stop struggling. - RFA

CharlieJenkem

Post by CharlieJenkem » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:37 pm

NeedmoreDEET wrote:I've been staring at the flies I got from Aguirre for the past week. I always wanted to tie some up and I've collected some of the required pieces, but never did anything. I look forward to seeing what you guys come up with.

More pictures :cool

I've seen your flies, deet - you've got the skills. Get crackin'!! :cool
Master of karate and friendship for everyone.

Horn_Identity

Post by Horn_Identity » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:28 pm

I first have to be on crack to be tying those salmon flies. I'm game for a soft hack though, I'll at least fish the damn thing. Seriously though, I admire y'alls work. :cool