kind of self-explanatory, right? We seem to have some impressive thread-wrappers that lurk around this board. let's try to keep your "first booger" posts at a minimum.
Whoever tied a fly with an olive tail and black hackle silver dumbbell eyes and what looks like pheasant cheeks, it works. Too good. Had a fish charge it, and broke it off on the hook set.
I've had more success with large over small flies. The dude above chased down the fly, as I gave it a big strip in front an then twitched it. He was in hoover mode, leaving a mudline signature behind him, heading upriver. visibility was decent-ish. The river was starting to drop after a morning rain, and the fish were all on the move.
Heero[CntRmbrPwd] wrote:Really nice set of flies. You guys fish some big stuff for carp. I never catch any on the bigger stuff but Ill give them a try.
Ditto
Everywhere I have fished for carp in other parts of the country, it seems like I can only get them on small patterns. But in the Midwest, I always fish bigger patterns. Most my Michigan carp patterns are sculpins.

...but it wasn't quite over. I rode out with Rudd[…]

Rust Belt 2019

He did....with my camera!! And my fish :gun

Winter steelhead fly swap 2019

when do i get my goddamn flies. is what im wonderi[…]

Peeing off the porch....TR

One of these days id like to experience such an av[…]

Subsribe to The Drake Magazine