DNA FIBER MINNOW TUTORIAL

kind of self-explanatory, right? We seem to have some impressive thread-wrappers that lurk around this board. let's try to keep your "first booger" posts at a minimum.
Ginseng Sullivan

DNA FIBER MINNOW TUTORIAL

Post by Ginseng Sullivan » Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:36 am

Chuff's post reminded me i haven't posted any fly stuff recently. this should keep you busy for a little while. other synthetics can be tied the same way for different profiles and representations of salt baitfish.this one immitates the GL emerald shiner a seriously important baitfish for our inland oceans. well at long last i have completed my new state of the art studio and can finaly get some tutorials done. i have found this pattern to be pretty damn fishy and caught my best river bass to date with one tied with dumbell eyes. i find the unwieghted one fished on a sink tip has some very erratic action if given short, sharp strips as well. it's really a pretty simple fly but takes some time to get them right. pay special attention to which side should be longer when tying in the sections. i have played with this a bunch and i'm convinced this is the way to go. colors are up to you but i feel this one represented the emerald shiner very well. some smelt colors will have to be worked out before spring too. if a wider profiled fly is desired you just do more sections along the shank. two seems to be about right for our average 2.5" minnows.HOOK- DAIICHI 2450 #2-8n THREAD- WHITE 6/0n WING SECTION 1- LT OLIVE DNA HOLOFUSION OVERWHITE DNA HOLOFUSIOWING SECTION 2- SMOKE DNA FROSTY FISH FIBER OVER WHITE DNA FROSTY FISH FIBER FIBERn EYES- 3-D PEARL STICK ON EPOXIED ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Ginseng Sullivan

Re: DNA FIBER MINNOW TUTORIAL

Post by Ginseng Sullivan » Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:37 am

ImageImageWITH EPOXIED 3-D EYESn ImageWETn Image21" OF SMALLMOUTH BASSn Imageteach em a lesson

Darth Wader

Post by Darth Wader » Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:00 am

Holy Schnikes! Those are the most beautiful tying pics I've ever seen. Damn, GS.Thank you.
You can soak your bread in gravy, and you can soak your bread in soup, but the car that you are driving doesn't really belong to you.

Highsticken

Post by Highsticken » Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:15 am

Nice. Pappy like.
I have more respect for people that fuck up and come out swinging than the "Well geee-zooo, looks like I made a flub! How's about we go to Culver's and the custards are on me" bullshit.- RFA

chuffer

Post by chuffer » Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:28 pm

Nice tutorial Ginseng. Strong work.
For me, I don''t mind a Korean...fish pole, but I sure as shit ain''t paying $700 for it, even if Harvard grads wove it from actual pieces of the space shuttle and hand-affixed flux-capacitor guides. ~ burgerthumb

Ginseng Sullivan

Post by Ginseng Sullivan » Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:11 am

thanks for the comments and a shameless monday morn bump.

Fishpaw

Post by Fishpaw » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:10 am

Very nice and a great offering. The stateoftheartflytyingphotojournaliststudio is truly state of the art. But I do wonder if there is a way to incorporate a spinner or something into that?
“The angling fever is a very real disease and can only be cured by the application of cold water and fresh, untainted air." - Theodore Gordon

Ginseng Sullivan

Post by Ginseng Sullivan » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:15 am

i was thinking about one of those little propellors, or maybe a mister twister tail. those are probably even gayer.

DayTripper

Post by DayTripper » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:03 am

those gotta be some of the best tying pics I've ever seen. :cool:

mercurial

Post by mercurial » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:21 am

Amazingly clear. I think they have burned onto my retinas.
That dude from Ireland really needs to get a life along with his buddy and the Buddha statements.

ischua

Post by ischua » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:28 pm

Ive tied nicks pattern in a 12 (1 1/2in long) works well fished along the seam in fast water for trout
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nuncn

ToothyCritter

Post by ToothyCritter » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:11 pm

Hey, I think, I seen this on FAOL!!!...lol..Ahh it's been a while since the toothy one has been in here....Sites still slow huh???...loln Awesome Tut's no matter where you post them...!! :(