kind of self-explanatory, right? We seem to have some impressive thread-wrappers that lurk around this board. let's try to keep your "first booger" posts at a minimum.
By P-A
Hi Guys
Havent been tying that much the last year since i stopped doing it for money.
But this is a pattern i developed this year and me and the mates have gotten heaps
of fish on it, trout, char, grayling and bows are all into it. They work better than foam
and deerhair ditos and i think its all about the low posistion it gets on the water, just like
a struggling wasp.
Dead easy guide tie, takes about 2-3minutes when you have tied a bunch.
Give it try.
Cheers
P-A

Hook: TMC 102
Thread: 160 Denier Kevlar thread
Abdomen: Dubbed yellow and black seal fur
Wings: 2 greay CDC feathers
Hackle: Grizzly Saddle Hackle from Whitting
Head: Thread and head cement.
Attachments:
AP4D2089.jpg
AP4D2089.jpg (152.98 KiB) Viewed 1862 times
By NeedmoreDEET
That fly would work over most of North America, especially in the south. Bass and panfish LOVE bumblebee colors. Pretty vibrant colors. Does seal take stain pretty well? I've never seen it in any of my local fly tackle shops.
By P-A
Hi Deet
It pretty hard to colour sealfur but i have a good steady supplier of the good shite.
Its the best dubbing of them all for Atlantic Salmon, Grayling, Trout..etc etc
seal has that natural shine into it, almost like a little sparkle dub in it.
Glad you think it will work down your way also. Here is a little fish that
ate it this weekend.
Cheer s
P-A
Attachments:
AP4D1827.jpg
AP4D1827.jpg (342.28 KiB) Viewed 1762 times
By pbrstreetgang
I've got a spring pond that I swear is a yellow jacket vacation spot - I always end up getting stung when I go. I'll give this pattern a cast next season.

Ever tie using goat instead of seal?
By P-A
pbrstreetgang wrote:I've got a spring pond that I swear is a yellow jacket vacation spot - I always end up getting stung when I go. I'll give this pattern a cast next season.

Ever tie using goat instead of seal?
Try it out man, its awsome for those location. Never tried goat but if the colour is right just do it man!!
:cool :cool :cool
By madjoni
Hey P-A :cool
It is always good when you see that similar flies hunts good all over the world .Here is one old of mine :cheer

By P-A
madjoni wrote:Hey P-A :cool
It is always good when you see that similar flies hunts good all over the world .Here is one old of mine :cheer

Hi man
Similar sucessful flies have one thing in common, they take fish pretty much every were
and they normally lie low in the surface film...;)
Cheers
P-A
By madjoni
P-A wrote:

Hi man
Similar sucessful flies have one thing in common, they take fish pretty much every were
and they normally lie low in the surface film...;)
Cheers
P-A
O yea :cool
By BearsFan
NeedmoreDEET wrote:That fly would work over most of North America, especially in the south. Bass and panfish LOVE bumblebee colors. Pretty vibrant colors. Does seal take stain pretty well? I've never seen it in any of my local fly tackle shops.
Pretty sure it is much like polar bear. Obtainable but kind of in a grey area legally so we will likely never see it packaged commercially. There are a few synthetic substitutes, ie seal-x, that are nothing like the real thing but actually make a decent fly. Just my $.02. I believe seal-x s available in the full spectrum.
By P-A
BearsFan wrote:
NeedmoreDEET wrote:That fly would work over most of North America, especially in the south. Bass and panfish LOVE bumblebee colors. Pretty vibrant colors. Does seal take stain pretty well? I've never seen it in any of my local fly tackle shops.
Pretty sure it is much like polar bear. Obtainable but kind of in a grey area legally so we will likely never see it packaged commercially. There are a few synthetic substitutes, ie seal-x, that are nothing like the real thing but actually make a decent fly. Just my $.02. I believe seal-x s available in the full spectrum.
Thats why one always has to have friends in Canada and Norway..........
:cool :cool
Winter steelhead fly swap 2019

Where are my fucking flies you gd degenerates? I[…]

come hell or high water tr

Good year SFB. Thanks for all you do for us on t[…]

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Denson’s Black Pearl Dabbler https://l[…]

perhaps we need to revisit the paparazzi thread...

Subsribe to The Drake Magazine