Diawl Bach

kind of self-explanatory, right? We seem to have some impressive thread-wrappers that lurk around this board. let's try to keep your "first booger" posts at a minimum.
Rif_Raft
Location: Out the door turn right, straight on at the lights and keep going..

Diawl Bach

Post by Rif_Raft » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:17 pm

Some of the best trout fishing in the Uk is to be found on the large public reservoirs. The tekkers is to drift downwind, broadside in a boat, casting a team of 3 flies. On any given day a large percentage of these anglers, at sometime during the day would definately have a Diawl Bach somewhere on the leader. This little Welsh jem ( meaning little devil) has almost a cult following.

Davie has developed a variant for use on rivers, here he is demonstating the pattern, you really should include a few in your box. Davie Mcphail's skills at the vice have to be seen to be believed, check out his other patterns on his own youtube channel.

NO NAMES - NO PACK DRILL

SOBF

Re: Diawl Bach

Post by SOBF » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:38 pm

Looks like a great pattern . I may have to do a few in 16-18 though. I'm a simple guy who likes simple flies !!

fishpimp

Post by fishpimp » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:17 pm

Big fan of this guys work, addicted to his videos, and a super nice guy, too.
"You look like the type'a guy that gets outta' the shower to take a piss"- Diceman

DanielP

Post by DanielP » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:42 am

I am one of the Brit's who would not fish a reservoir without a box full of these little devils. Many successful variants out there but the original is still one of the best.

Hook: straight nymph hook (Kamasan B170 or 175 normally)
Thread: Red
Tail and throat: Red Game
Body: Peacock Herl ribbed with copper wire

Atleast I think that is pretty much the original, and interestingly I seem to remember it was actually developed as a river fly. It is absolutely awesome for buzzer/midge feeding fish on the big waters though. Will post up some of the variants I am tying up at the moment for a trip to one of the reservoirs at the weekend.

Dan
Dude, you can criticise my fishing, me as a person, even my family but leave the pie out of this.

blackwater

Post by blackwater » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:46 am

Great Fly. Here is a version i have had good times with fishing in a team on stillwaters.
Very basic but the red mylar cheeks can make a big difference at times.
Diawl Bach 7.jpg
Diawl Bach 7.jpg (280.89 KiB) Viewed 1994 times

brownsville

Post by brownsville » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:42 pm

Closer to the original dressing on a size 14, though this one has a flash back.

Any number of variants out there. Agreed about Davie McPhail, the man's a master.

Aguirre

Post by Aguirre » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:04 pm

Browntown, that's a wicked good fly right there.
Sparse, flashy, fully a fish catcher.
Good.
Good.
"I've been blessed with many things in this life. An arm like a damn rocket, a cock like a Burmese Python and the mind of a fuckin scientist."
-Kenny Fuckin Powers

Maslowsli

Post by Maslowsli » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:01 am

The first thing that you need to do is to look for the clasp in your pandora UK Sale. As mentioned above, the clasp is pretty tricky to spot because it doubles as a decorative Pandora charm; hence it also looks like the rest of your pandora bracelets sale. In order for you to know which one is the clasp, look for a Pandora bead that has a thin slit from end to end.
Now that you have located the bracelet’s clasp, you have to grasp the Pandora jewelry gently on either side of the clasp, then press the nail of your thumb into the slit in the pandora Murano Glass. Make sure that you exert just enough pressure to pop open the clasp. With this, you can use your fingers to fully open the clasp. This will expose the end of the bracelet in the grooved cradle.
To close the bracelet, you just need to press the end piece inside the bead clasp, then squeeze the clasp together until it shuts. To make it easier for you, you can also purchase a pandora necklaces sale flower opener, so that you don’t have to manually open the clasp anymore. It can also be used as a mobile phone charm when not in use.