kind of self-explanatory, right? We seem to have some impressive thread-wrappers that lurk around this board. let's try to keep your "first booger" posts at a minimum.
By CharlieJenkem
Aguirre wrote:Rootwad returns!!
I feel like I'm at Alpine valley for the first return of Dark Star.
Man what a show. I have an audience recording, they go fucking mad.
AugustWest knows what I mean...

WARNING: Chuckles is about to go a little Dave Carne know-it-all vis a vis the Dead..,.

The first return of Dark Star was 10/9/89 in Hampton, VA in a show they played as the Warlocks. To hear the crowd when they figured out what was going down is awesome. The second Dark Star was about a week later at the Meadowlands NJ on Bobby Short-shorts' birthday. I was at that one. I was also at the Nassau Coliseum show the following spring with Branford Marsalis. I trust you are all suitably impressed. Some day I shall pen a groundbreaking book on the subject.
By austrotard
if I was to wager a guess the poof's probably been silenced by the other 3 or 4 working on the book with him.
while he was justifying the price (including his share, as he cannot work for free you know) I wonder if it ever dawned on him that the others might like to see a return as well. I cannot wait to hear the final price.
confession: I don't think I can let this go until I meet the fat little git and 'shake his hands'.
his mate offered to kick my ass once.
it's funny how people can become accustomed to second place, hey. :coffee

anyway, here's a shit photo of my collection.
the mag 7 are in there of course along with some sage funders, coupla agger's and one from frandsen (bought during a bushfire relief auction, you've all got his blacker book).

my slight favourite is chuckles' black dog.
funny, it's the only one without gut...and it's beautifully tied.
it's my favourite because it reminds me of a time when the entire board bonded together and made the place what it is now.

:cool
set.jpg
set.jpg (53.39 KiB) Viewed 1594 times
this thread should be for salmon flies and the dead.
the two best things next to t-weed.
By Aguirre
CharlieJenkem wrote:
Aguirre wrote:Rootwad returns!!
I feel like I'm at Alpine valley for the first return of Dark Star.
Man what a show. I have an audience recording, they go fucking mad.
AugustWest knows what I mean...

WARNING: Chuckles is about to go a little Dave Carne know-it-all vis a vis the Dead..,.

The first return of Dark Star was 10/9/89 in Hampton, VA in a show they played as the Warlocks. To hear the crowd when they figured out what was going down is awesome. The second Dark Star was about a week later at the Meadowlands NJ on Bobby Short-shorts' birthday. I was at that one. I was also at the Nassau Coliseum show the following spring with Branford Marsalis. I trust you are all suitably impressed. Some day I shall pen a groundbreaking book on the subject.
So you were at the second return?! Mirror shatters!!
Jesus dude, that must've fucked you up proper.
I remember now that the Alpine Valley tape I had only had the return as a filler and it was not from that show.
It could have been one or the other but it was hairball.
Lucky cunter...
Nice vintage shot Auger, never seen that one.
By CharlieJenkem
Aguirre wrote: So you were at the second return?! Mirror shatters!!
Jesus dude, that must've fucked you up proper.
I was well on my way before the music even started, but that certainly sealed the deal :cheer
By Ginseng Sullivan
i wasn't at any of those shows :coffee

yeah you see 75+ shows and you still think you missed it all.

BTW lets see if this works. Donna is giving birth and not screwing up killer PITB's. from 11/25/73- 2/24/74 they never sounded so good.

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=7204ac7a ... 7cu5wIKZkk

see if any of yoos can dl this show from the clouds. it opens with Johnny B Goode and closes with One More Sat Night.

and a fly some glass eyed bastid (Glista) tied while clearly on psychadelics.
By pbrstreetgang
damn, that's awesome Glista...

I'm late to the game here on the live shows (been to two, never really went for the music...go figure). Now I am getting into the tunes. big time.

GS - that file won't open for me on Mac or Windows. Both claim the the compressed folder is invalid.
By austrotard
padlocked on mine as well, gin.

this tying lark is a fucking piece of piss to that polish bastid.
simply gay, that tie... in the true sense of the word. :cheer
By Aguirre
Fuck, that fly is nuts!!!
I love this thread already, the dead and classic flies. :smile
Haven't tried the linked show yet.
Lookin forward to it, those are my years.
And spring 77, of course.
By pbrstreetgang
the only good thing about clouds is the marked change in barometric pressure they bring.

I grabbed the file, but the songs won't play via iTunes. No worries. I have pretty much spent my afternoon writing a letter of recommendation for a peer while out of my skull on Tramadol and barenjager (fucking migraines...), and searching out as may live GD shows as possible.

That being said, it's a pretty good Monday.Top it off with a box from GS - life is fucking sweet, gents.
thanks for fueling the fire

PS - I got a 1/2 sheet of black octopus for a waterMELON AND eight pairs tie-dyed boxers back in 88 at the Rosemont Horizon lot. Just found that show. :smilep

PPSwhatever - GS, I could be totally screwing up the download. Thanks for putting that out there!

Agreed on all points, and I'd add for many it's t[…]

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Muddled Doobry Snatcher https://live.staticf[…]

You maddah fahkaz! Righteous :cool

LA Marsh......TR

Gotdang! Goodness all around! :smile

Subsribe to The Drake Magazine