kind of self-explanatory, right? We seem to have some impressive thread-wrappers that lurk around this board. let's try to keep your "first booger" posts at a minimum.
there is a lot of shittalking about #tarplife

i like to be mobile and don't demand the comforts that some of you older gents require
i like to wake up fish... finish fishing then sleep

#tarplife was not due to lack of planning/organization
quite the opposite
everything has its place and actions are deliberate
Ramcatt wrote:there is a lot of shittalking about #tarplife

i like to be mobile and don't demand the comforts that some of you older gents require
i like to wake up fish... finish fishing then sleep

#tarplife was not due to lack of planning/organization
quite the opposite
everything has its place and actions are deliberate
Let's go easy on what you're thinking the older gents need for comfort. I've about got the hobo/carney lifestyle down to a science.
SLSS wrote:
Let's go easy on what you're thinking the older gents need for comfort. I've about got the hobo/carney lifestyle down to a science.
Ramcatt wrote:
SLSS wrote:
Yeah Rick read my mind. Tarplife is pretty flatbrim hardcore for sure, but I'm old and I can pitch my tent just about as fast as anyone. That one too fwiw.

:coffee
Bruiser wrote:flatbrim hardcore
Snarf!

With 3 months until I cross over into the post-40 old man style I better get a new hat to live the #flatbrimhardcore life as hard as I can. Then it'll be time for a fedora and slippers and a roll out mat for the front of my tent.

Nothing you can do about the frogs though....
Bruiser wrote:... flatbrim hardcore ...
i've done a lot of questionable things in my 30+ (but less than 35) years here.. that ain't one of em
I am currently part of a support group for Tarplife survivors and their families / chickens.

Everybody get your Muddlers in the mail so we can make WB25's life easier.
There I go again. Whoops, I apologize for that poor word choice.

My point was - a tarp is just about as big as a tent and a lot more tricky to rig - especially if you're using rod tubes. You guys weren't camping in the desert. Maybe you don't own any tents. I am obviously a dumbass - but I would have slept a lot better and fished with better gusto had I slept in a tent. Your mileage may vary.

I'll go back under my rock.
Friday Cheer Through Pics

summer silver https://i.imgur.com/bSws8IM.jpg?1

Reads

Glad you're enjoying it Obie. I owe Tom a big th[…]

Brood X

damn i guess its been 17 yeqrs since i went back t[…]

whatcha tying?

A little smalljaw treat. 20210118_161823.jpg

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine