show your tying space plz!

kind of self-explanatory, right? We seem to have some impressive thread-wrappers that lurk around this board. let's try to keep your "first booger" posts at a minimum.
Adams

Re: show your tying space plz!

Post by Adams » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:41 pm

Sweet cabinet chucker.
If you need a reason to drink, you have a problem. . .

"I just think it's funny that the one constant in this place over the past five years is that it was a cool place right up until the next person joined." nemo

When life gives you limes, it's Gods way of telling you that you're an idiot. spudnik

kyped

Post by kyped » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:12 pm

image.jpg
image.jpg (54.08 KiB) Viewed 869 times
catching wild trout 'til the break of dawn

Bigguy

Post by Bigguy » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:48 pm

Pretty cool chucker!

Adams

Post by Adams » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:28 pm

Make me the 2x prototype and I'll test it out and let you know if it's big enough. . .
If you need a reason to drink, you have a problem. . .

"I just think it's funny that the one constant in this place over the past five years is that it was a cool place right up until the next person joined." nemo

When life gives you limes, it's Gods way of telling you that you're an idiot. spudnik

vaku

Post by vaku » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:36 pm

Thanks guys! I started the clean out today, only her Grandmothers bedroom set to get rid of and the room is mine! Except for the closets, that was a deal breaker, but I will work on it.
This is the set up so far. This is a Raymor 'Omnibus' Danish wall unit that my father in law's mother bought in Miami back in the 50's or 60's. it is quite stylish and a very cool piece of mid century furniture with some value, 2 pieces are not shown. Apparently not enough value as I couldn't sell it unless I wanted to give it away. It was heading to the attic when I thought, wait a second, why not set it up and have cool shelves and shit. So I went to it, not even realizing what a shitty non straight wall I have there. The ceiling slopes at least 1/2 inch, hence the left bracket being lower. Then I found out the wall bows too when I tried top put in the two cabinets and they just wouldn't fit squarely. Hence the pieces not lining up. but I was able to use the desk top piece now i have a spot for a guest tier.
The next step is to get a table or desk that will go along the wall to the right, take way one of the small couches from the dog, set up the old laptop, maybe a small tv and then shit the place up properly!

thanks for the inspiration!
IMG_2025.jpg
IMG_2025.jpg (530.52 KiB) Viewed 1088 times
IMG_2026.jpg
IMG_2026.jpg (494.46 KiB) Viewed 1088 times
"It is only the inexperienced and thoughtless who find pleasure in killing fish for the mere sake of killing them. No sportsman does this." - W.C. Prime, 1888

"if it floats, flys, or fucks, it's bound to be a pain in the ass..." - BigTimber

Zor

Post by Zor » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:39 pm

[report]Sweet wall unit Vaku.

Mine's a $25seppo desk from craigslist...
Put the joints back together/refinished as a Christmas project while the wife was out of town...
ImageImage
Done...
New house, I like my shit organized.
Image[/report]
“I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor. It is a symbol of despair. Cheap prices make for cheap goods; cheap goods make for cheap men; and cheap men make for a cheap country.”

-William McKinley

flybug.pa.

Post by flybug.pa. » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:24 am

Nice Zor!
If you end up with a boring miserable life because you listened to your mom, your dad, your teacher, your priest, or some guy on television telling you how to do your shit, then you deserve it.
- Frank Zappa

vaku

Post by vaku » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:17 am

Great desk Zor!
"It is only the inexperienced and thoughtless who find pleasure in killing fish for the mere sake of killing them. No sportsman does this." - W.C. Prime, 1888

"if it floats, flys, or fucks, it's bound to be a pain in the ass..." - BigTimber

G_Smolt

Post by G_Smolt » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:04 pm

Took over the loft with my stringed instruments and "knitting for men" fetish when we moved in 13 years ago. I rent her out some closet space for her quilt shit, and the tv/sofa is out of frame left, but other than that it is manlandia.

vaku

Post by vaku » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:03 am

the work area is done! Of course it doesn't look like this anymore after I tied 4 muddlers last night. I picked up this awesome solid wood all dove tailed American by Martinsville desk on crags list for $60 and it is the perfect size. now just have to clear out the old bedroom set, move in the dog couch, hang my bob white print and it will be good to go! Thanks again for sharing everyone!
IMG_2035.jpg
IMG_2035.jpg (327.76 KiB) Viewed 833 times

chadroc

Post by chadroc » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:19 am

my spot in the house.

the place where

wicker chicken

looking left from the bench

and right from the bench where wee do the other work, and the walkout to the smoking section

plenty of maps from which to steal my secret spots

next door, for warmth

holding it down on the other side of the border

enjoy your catch (it died)

vaku

Post by vaku » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:56 pm

Great set up Chad!