BIG FATTY STREAMER SWAP V

kind of self-explanatory, right? We seem to have some impressive thread-wrappers that lurk around this board. let's try to keep your "first booger" posts at a minimum.
Woolybug25

Re: BIG FATTY STREAMER SWAP V

Post by Woolybug25 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:05 pm

Got Timmay's!

What do y'all want to do about Deet? Just give everyone an extra, I presume?

Also, I won't be able to get these out until next week.
"All mountain hippies are as young as they day they were born, smarter than Einstein, better looking than Tom Selleck and could outfish an army of pinners." - foureyedgeek

www.hiptothesip.blogspot.com

pxatim

Post by pxatim » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:52 pm

Either we wait till next week for Deet or you keep the extras. My $0.02 I don't really care either way.

D-nymph

Post by D-nymph » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:16 am

I'll be honest. Deet is a great tier, I'm willing to wait, we already waited an extra 2 months. His flies have been some of the best I've gotten in any swap, more than once.

Or Deet can mail individual flies & get his batch after he does so.

or distributing however WB feels appropriate are all fine options to me.

That said, signing up for this kind of shit & then not tying as if you didn't have 4 months to do so, is fucking lame. The rest of us have lives & found time to do flies that take 45 minutes to an hour each, depending on pattern, as they said they'd do. If someone can't tie a dozen flies in 4 months, don't friggin' sign up, nobody forced you. Someone else could & would have done it. Flakes annoy the piss out of me, if you can't tell. :cheer

2 cents.
"The devil's pourin drinks and his daughter needs a ride" - III

Bears Fan

Post by Bears Fan » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:09 pm

I will pitch in the 4 or 5 deet flies I have that are swap appropriate to cover him. :cool
"Some days you win, some you lose, and some get rained out." - Outcast

flybug.pa.

Post by flybug.pa. » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:53 pm

i am giving Tim all my flies , i don't have any opinion for a change
If you end up with a boring miserable life because you listened to your mom, your dad, your teacher, your priest, or some guy on television telling you how to do your shit, then you deserve it.
- Frank Zappa

Woolybug25

Post by Woolybug25 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:16 pm

Deet is one of my all time favorite tiers. If you guys and Deet are both ok with it, my vote would be to wait a couple of weeks for Deet to tie his flies. Your call, but I'm willing to wait.

The flies we have now are very nice and obviously tied with care. Having Deet's flies make that time and effort even more worth it.
"All mountain hippies are as young as they day they were born, smarter than Einstein, better looking than Tom Selleck and could outfish an army of pinners." - foureyedgeek

D-nymph

Post by D-nymph » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:10 am

Woolybug25 wrote:Deet is one of my all time favorite tiers. If you guys and Deet are both ok with it, my vote would be to wait a couple of weeks for Deet to tie his flies. Your call, but I'm willing to wait.

The flies we have now are very nice and obviously tied with care. Having Deet's flies make that time and effort even more worth it.
Agreed, worth the wait. Most of my local big fly waters are fucked with high temps until September anyway.

And I meant no disrespect yesterday, I make the time to do what I said I'd do & get frustrated when people flake on this kind of stuff. Tying flies is not that hard.
"The devil's pourin drinks and his daughter needs a ride" - III

Woolybug25

Post by Woolybug25 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:02 pm

D-nymph wrote:
Woolybug25 wrote:Deet is one of my all time favorite tiers. If you guys and Deet are both ok with it, my vote would be to wait a couple of weeks for Deet to tie his flies. Your call, but I'm willing to wait.

Agreed, worth the wait. Most of my local big fly waters are fucked with high temps until September anyway.

And I meant no disrespect yesterday, I make the time to do what I said I'd do & get frustrated when people flake on this kind of stuff. Tying flies is not that hard.

pxatim

Post by pxatim » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:39 pm

In my defense I only had a month +/-... after they were due :wink

Woolybug25

Post by Woolybug25 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:42 am

I sent a pm to Deet and will let y'all know when he responds.

NeedmoreDEET

Post by NeedmoreDEET » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:33 pm

I appreciate everyone's patience. Longest vacation in more than 20 years (18 days).

Flies went out yesterday. Hopefully no breakage ;-) 11 mini Jameson's and flies.
DSCF3585-web.jpg
DSCF3585-web.jpg (562.4 KiB) Viewed 833 times
I like that quote....now have someone hold your head under water until you post a proper intro....or until you stop struggling. - RFA

stillsteamin

Post by stillsteamin » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:12 am

image.png
image.png (203.83 KiB) Viewed 805 times
I still like to explore new water, but these holes and drifts and slots are like the books and records I have carried around for decades. They are not only places of affection - they are the fabric of my life. - Doug Rose