All threads that bitch about new, existing, or old members will be posted/relocated here. Keep this shit off the General forum, because no one wants (or cares) to hear your opinions. Now go back to the other forums and post something worthy of reading.
By roughfisher
apparently I need to show my fleshbags before being welcomed to this dungeon.

Trout are for pussies.

See you on the bottom. Nooch.
By slavetotheflyrod
welcome,

Now leave, douchebag
By slavetotheflyrod
You're still here?
Rest assured, the welcome only gets warmer
By shunned
wow.
your blog is some proper shit, hey.

I thought buster's sucked ass but your's... fucking hell, mate.
did you go to school?

blogs are for emos, salad dodging percussionists and dog lovers.
go promote your verbal wank somewhere else.
try foal.

bad form perhaps but this is worth reading for the signatures alone.
besides it's a blog and I'm just here to promote them.
g'day hammersmith. (you big dog loving poof)

Sunday, December 14, 2008
something smells funny, and for once it ain't me

Look at these dirtbags at the Drake forums kick the old roughfisher around like a fleshy beanbag. A social experiment gone wrong. Turns out that not all dry fly guys play nice.

I'm sure some of you frequent that site, but I think that what goes on over at the Fakes clearly defines the current state of fly fishing: there is a clear rift emerging between fly anglers. There's the Madison Ave weekend warriors, sporting grass sticks, clad in Orvis armor sipping single malt swill from a fucking figured glass. Don't know shit about fly fishing, but look good doing it.

On the other hand, there are the working stiffs, the Gen Xers, can't rub two pennies together to save their life, but have a complete arsenal of Sage, Scott and Winston rods stuffed in their cute-utes, an array of patterns stuck in their visors, know the flow conditions on any river at any given time, and are complete assholes, on and off the river. These are guys the fly rags are sticking on their magazine covers. Sure, many of them may be accomplished anglers, but their confidence on the river is easily transformed into pomp and swagger.

If one of "you" are reading this, FUCK OFF, your kind is not welcome here.

The rest of us, well we just have to deal and put up with all their bullshit and crap that they try to force down out throats.

I'm not sounding off here because I'm jealous of those clownshoes on that forum, or pissed off at the "youth" of today. I tried giving some solid advice on a thread and ended up getting bitch slapped by some wannabes. So much for trying to help another angler. I learned a couple things from my foray over at the Drake forum:

* Blueliners don't like brown. I give them an olive branch, they kick me in the nutz.
* Dudes that live in the basement of their parent's house and post on the forums, can't really fish, but play a good game.
* I don't need some stupid-ass message board to know that what I'm doing is legit; I'm not looking for a fucking pat on the back.
* I'm not going to be that ashhole.

wow. we are glad we've all that wonga to make up for our lack of confidence, what what.
ta ra for now, kind sir.

bets he comes back for more...? you know it.
bookiemitch.com.au

place your wager. I'm good for it, I'm fucking loaded.
By Veetch
The fact that he linked that picture to that load of crap blog is definitive... By the way Rough, you should try fishing some other place than the bottom of the photo-omnipresent hill and like rock pile
By speybait
Shit. Well, I knew it couldn't last. This assclown has us all figured out.
Put me in the "people who hate you" column.
Now, go away. Your blog sucks and you're not even smart enough to figure out where to post your drivel on this forum. This is the basement, douche.
By Woolybug25
Ha, this guy is a douche. I checked out his site and it has been confirmed. I would like to see Powdermonkey and Roughfisher get into an air guitar battle/retrad fight. My money is on the monkey. Oh, and Roughfisher cant tie for shit.

VS

By speybait
Or...did you think you could slip by down here instead of on the main board?
By speybait
I, for one, kind of like the little fat powdermonkey.
Not you, roughrider.
whatcha tying?

I need more eats.....I’m good on the big, me[…]

Classic Atlantic Salmon Flies

IMG_20201122_193001_419.jpg Been a while. Hope […]

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

KJ Black Death https://live.staticflickr.com[…]

nice carpage

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine