What we do.

All threads that bitch about new, existing, or old members will be posted/relocated here. Keep this shit off the General forum, because no one wants (or cares) to hear your opinions. Now go back to the other forums and post something worthy of reading.
flyfisheraa573

Re: What we do.

Post by flyfisheraa573 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:43 pm

SLSS wrote: ....there are a lot of places to fuck around on the Drake. This thread isn't it. Read it from the beginning.
Amen....

J,

Keep up the good work, and reports!
"Sweet Jesus. I'd rather be caught hammering my jojo in the confessional." - Ajax

SLSS

Post by SLSS » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:58 pm

[report]Just as you start feeling like you are getting a handle on spey casting, it comes apart. The anchor tears loose, almost always from moving too fast. I've been watching some tapes, starting to figure out how to analyze it myself.

Stop and take a break. Have a sip with Ryan. Tie on something a little styl-ie.
PourOne.jpg
PourOne.jpg (79.96 KiB) Viewed 1327 times
Get back to it. Feed a little line. Lift, sweep, let the anchor set, and fire it off. Nice. That's what I'm after. Don't get in a hurry. Feel the rhythm of it. Take a step. Lift, sweep, set, then fire. Peace.

A half dozen casts into the run, the water is just clear enough to see a shelf on the far side, a shadow really. Relax, take it slow, launch slow and smooth. The fly drops about six inches onto the shelf and starts to swing. Six or eight feet into the swing it's out of site, and must be about to drop over the edge of the shelf. There's a heavy swirl, the line comes tight, and the water explodes. A bright missile cartwheels out of the water, tears to the middle of the river and comes out again. Then again, end over end.

And is gone.

Holy shit.

My ass was kicked before I was in the game.

That's what I love about steelhead.

:cool[/report]
It's lime the battles between sperm whales and giant squid half a mile below the surface of the ocean. Only it happens in the palm I your hand.- thndr

when I fall, I am still cold and wet, but much more stylishly dressed. as my hat disappears in the riffle- flybug.pa

"Sugar? No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough."

Ramcatt

Post by Ramcatt » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:05 pm

the cartwheels are truly unexplainable...

:cool
"Ramcatt is the origninal cuntry fishing troubadour, and the youngest dirty old man to fish these waters"
- Al Goldstein (c.1973)

SLSS

Post by SLSS » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:26 pm

Like there's too much energy to fit in the fish.

Far and away the hottest fish I've hooked out of Erie since they changed the stocking program.
It's lime the battles between sperm whales and giant squid half a mile below the surface of the ocean. Only it happens in the palm I your hand.- thndr

when I fall, I am still cold and wet, but much more stylishly dressed. as my hat disappears in the riffle- flybug.pa

jerome

Post by jerome » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:57 pm

killing me... being stuck local last few weeks has been a good time,but has also sucked,my minds been on other rivers, swinging flies and chrome.

Got the part I needed for the truck today, hoping to pull off one more trip in next week or so... depending on weather,etc.

"Being tossed from The Drake for excessive assholery is a bit like being thrown out of the Rolling Stones for profligate abuse of drugs and booze." - Ajax

Kylemc

Post by Kylemc » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:13 am

keep at it fellas :cool
"And sometimes both is required. We; the three of us were rather like the willow. Nothing broke us...Fucking Nothing..."

I forgot the rest.... your mom is a whore...WB25

jerome

Post by jerome » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:05 pm

[report]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qYlRQ7dnkcw&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qYlRQ7dnkcw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Early today, The yellow dog and I made our way over the pass and got to fish a great winter "hatch" on my favorite river.

Nothing poetic, nothing fancy, just getting out in the fucking cold and fishing......

and catching.

I will do it at least once a year in memory of the OC....

and to piss off Salmo, which we all know Ryan would approve of.

I could not think of a more appropriate place to post this.

A few break offs, a few pics snapped of the photogenic,

and a damn good time for the southern freaker.

Idaho Gold For the Whores......

and a little yellow dog, I dont think I posted....

Catching fish..... that is all....[/report]
"Being tossed from The Drake for excessive assholery is a bit like being thrown out of the Rolling Stones for profligate abuse of drugs and booze." - Ajax

cougarcockburn

Post by cougarcockburn » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:03 pm

keep the faith brother :cool
Call on God, but row away from the rocks. -HST

shunned

Post by shunned » Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:29 am

I find it really hard to piss off salmo.

this thread is the diamond in the septic tank.
the depths of your narcissism never cease to amaze me

-raffa of all fucking people

jerome

Post by jerome » Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:44 pm

cougarcockburn wrote:keep the faith brother :cool

Ollie

Post by Ollie » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:30 pm

I was just wondering how long it takes to catch a fish. I know there is a lot of people waiting to catch a fish with that rod. Maybe Shunned is a bettere fisherman as it only took him a while to get in the game.

Just kidding I just like to read the stories about how people are doing.

Mom and Dad
If your upside down in the ditch you have done something wrong!!

SLSS

Post by SLSS » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:29 pm

Ollie wrote:I was just wondering how long it takes to catch a fish.
I never really doubted where Ryan got the ass-kickin attitude from- though I suspect he got a dose from Mom as well. :cool

Mitch only had to use one hand, takes twice as long with two.

Still, maybe time to wake somebody up- C'mon J, catch a damn fish!!! :gun