A Confession

All threads that bitch about new, existing, or old members will be posted/relocated here. Keep this shit off the General forum, because no one wants (or cares) to hear your opinions. Now go back to the other forums and post something worthy of reading.
SLSS

Re: A Confession

Post by SLSS » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:42 pm

yard4sale wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:58 pm
If you pansies did some real fishing you wouldn't need to see anything smaller than 10#...

I barely passed the eye chart about 5 years ago.

58 and still getting by with cheap readers. Really only to paint, read and fly tie or tie fly. Just walking around or driving I'm still good.

At a fundraiser this year I scored a great deal on an eye exam. Ever practical. I may be four-eyed by year's end.
It's lime the battles between sperm whales and giant squid half a mile below the surface of the ocean. Only it happens in the palm I your hand.- thndr

when I fall, I am still cold and wet, but much more stylishly dressed. as my hat disappears in the riffle- flybug.pa

"Sugar? No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough."

Average Joe
Location: Where they rip out the trees and name streets after them.

Post by Average Joe » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:03 pm

austrotard wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:24 pm
real confession: I've been sleeping a lot lately. like a. lot.
Given how much you slept during your last visit, someone else must be typing this, for you must be in a coma.

Redchaser

Post by Redchaser » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:31 am

flashback wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:29 am
Geezers get used to magnifiers, soon come hearing aids.
Maybe some day will come memory aids. Oh yes, Aricept.
About 8 years ago my up close vision started getting bad and it's gone to shit. I can't read a text on my phone without my cheaters..unless I screen shot it then open it as a photo and enlarge it. I struggle tying knots without cheaters... and I usually don't use anything under 15#, my hearing is so bad that when I was getting my physical the gal that was checking my hearing started beating on the machine that makes the high pitched tones because she thought it had to be broken since I couldn't hear any of it, sad thing is that after I got divorced I found out that my exes insurance, which I was on when we were married, would have covered hearing aides 100%. As to the memory aides, I can't remember shit. I also forget everything. Yeah I can't remember anything either. As to the memory aides, I can't remember shit. I also forget everything. Yeah I can't remember anything either. As to the memory aides, I can't remember shit. I also forget everything. Yeah I can't remember anything either.
"... don’t let your life become the sloppy leftovers of your work" Jim Harrison

"Put in the effort and good things happen"... Hogleg

"Salinity is proportional to sanity for sure" ..The Volfish

Redchaser.com, all about Louisiana Fly Fishing

Bigguy

Post by Bigguy » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:56 am

Just face it, getting old sucks, Red!

thriesta

Post by thriesta » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:36 pm

Redchaser wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:31 am
flashback wrote:
my hearing is so bad that when I was getting my physical the gal that was checking my hearing started beating on the machine that makes the high pitched tones because she thought it had to be broken since I couldn't hear any of it, sad thing is that after I got divorced I found out that my exes insurance, which I was on when we were married, would have covered hearing aides 100%.
That's interesting, I've never heard (insert deaf jokes) of insurance covering hearing aids. What insurance was it?

I have 40% hearing loss, doctors believe it was from my Father's exposure to agent orange as a Marine in Vietnam.

No one else in the extended family has hearing loss except my sister and I, and my sister has two kids with perfect hearing.

The hearing aids that I am wearing now were 5k each, they also include blue tooth technology.

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:12 pm

thriesta wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:36 pm

The hearing aids that I am wearing now were 5k each, they also include blue tooth technology.
excellent. order me a pizza.
49% of americans assume I give a shit about what they think.

BobLoblaw

Post by BobLoblaw » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:32 pm

Redchaser wrote:
flashback wrote:
About 8 years ago my up close vision started getting bad and it's gone to shit. I can't read a text on my phone without my cheaters..unless I screen shot it then open it as a photo and enlarge it. I struggle tying knots without cheaters... and I usually don't use anything under 15#, my hearing is so bad that when I was getting my physical the gal that was checking my hearing started beating on the machine that makes the high pitched tones because she thought it had to be broken since I couldn't hear any of it, sad thing is that after I got divorced I found out that my exes insurance, which I was on when we were married, would have covered hearing aides 100%. As to the memory aides, I can't remember shit. I also forget everything. Yeah I can't remember anything either. As to the memory aides, I can't remember shit. I also forget everything. Yeah I can't remember anything either. As to the memory aides, I can't remember shit. I also forget everything. Yeah I can't remember anything either.
Sorry to hear that you have the memory aides. Did you get that from sharing needles, or from the ghey sexy time?
"Walters brook trout. Roots steelhead. Thalwegs tarpon. Loblaws cutthroats.

The list continues to grow..."
-Fatman

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:41 am

confession: to save myself from a promise of eating shitty leftovers I've heated them up, dirtied up a spoon and flushed it all down the pan making it look like I had it for lunch. now the kitchen stinks of curry.

relates: benson's looking at me like I'm fucking retarded.

elates: and here she is pulling in the driveway right now...

edit:

lates: success!

sate: lamb roast for tea instead.

ate: fuck all, hey.

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:50 am

day for confessioni: I've just been called a caca sacala.

relates: which I'm lead to believe is cocksucker in austrian italian.

elates: I'm a terrible driver after 16:20 and deserve abuse, I guess.

befuddled

Post by befuddled » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:14 pm

I've had the same fly in the vise for like a week and every time I sit down in front of it to remove it, I have absolutely zero inspiration to tie anything, so I leave it there, to make the vise look useful. What I really want to do is go diving. Or cold water fishing without waders. Anything to cool the fuck off.
There are so many dildos out there, you''d think setting their phones to vibrate would come naturally. ---SUAF

greedy capitalist/liberal-elitist/gun-toting profit monger

We'll wake the dead motherfucker. Fuck you. ---- Fallen513

Redchaser

Post by Redchaser » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:42 pm

thriesta wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:36 pm
Redchaser wrote:
flashback wrote:
my hearing is so bad that when I was getting my physical the gal that was checking my hearing started beating on the machine that makes the high pitched tones because she thought it had to be broken since I couldn't hear any of it, sad thing is that after I got divorced I found out that my exes insurance, which I was on when we were married, would have covered hearing aides 100%.
That's interesting, I've never heard (insert deaf jokes) of insurance covering hearing aids. What insurance was it?

I have 40% hearing loss, doctors believe it was from my Father's exposure to agent orange as a Marine in Vietnam.

No one else in the extended family has hearing loss except my sister and I, and my sister has two kids with perfect hearing.

Mike. BCBS Government employee program. Part of it may be that the particular hearing aid place would eat the copay.

Redchaser

Post by Redchaser » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:42 pm

BobLoblaw wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:32 pm
Redchaser wrote:
flashback wrote:
Sorry to hear that you have the memory aides. Did you get that from sharing needles, or from the ghey sexy time?
I can't remember