A Confession

All threads that bitch about new, existing, or old members will be posted/relocated here. Keep this shit off the General forum, because no one wants (or cares) to hear your opinions. Now go back to the other forums and post something worthy of reading.
Average Joe
Location: Where they rip out the trees and name streets after them.

Re: A Confession

Post by Average Joe » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:20 am

Bears Fan wrote:I believe there is an expensive label of fruit preserves that you just described the packaging of pretty well. I have only seen it at the high dollar grocery stores. Either way, "Tira piu’ un pelo di figa che un carro di buoi."
This was plain old generic berry jam. Probably a product of China sweetened with antifreeze. After she finished going on and on about how her dog deserves only the best, I picked up the jam and and held it up so she could see the label. We both had a good laugh. She returned it later that day.

SLSS

Post by SLSS » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:07 pm

Average Joe wrote: The dog took the biscuit and ate it in the disgusting manner he eats everything, crumbs and spittle flying from his mouth as he crunched away. And there stood my wife, praising him, speaking to him in Italian, no doubt telling him what a good boy he was.

Maybe you need to be a little more clear when you really like something. I learn a lot from my dogs.

And I'd imitate their eating habits if it resulted in my girl speaking to me in Italian. Wouldn't matter what she said.
It's lime the battles between sperm whales and giant squid half a mile below the surface of the ocean. Only it happens in the palm I your hand.- thndr

when I fall, I am still cold and wet, but much more stylishly dressed. as my hat disappears in the riffle- flybug.pa

"Sugar? No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough."

Bears Fan

Post by Bears Fan » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:57 pm

That is too funny.
"Some days you win, some you lose, and some get rained out." - Outcast

CharlieJenkem

Post by CharlieJenkem » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:30 pm

Average Joe wrote:This past Saturday morning my wife was putting away the groceries while I was sitting at the dining room table tying some flies.

Wife: "The grocery store had a sale on dog biscuits, but they were an off brand that I didn't recognize. I had the box in my hand and was about to drop them in the cart, but then I thought, 'What if he doesn't like them? He's always there, happy to see me when I come home from work or shopping. He deserves better than second rate biscuits, so stop being so cheap and buy him the good kind, even if they are twice as much.' And so that's what I did."

I looked up from what I was doing in time to see her open the box and give one of these biscuits to the dog. The dog took the biscuit and ate it in the disgusting manner he eats everything, crumbs and spittle flying from his mouth as he crunched away. And there stood my wife, praising him, speaking to him in Italian, no doubt telling him what a good boy he was.

And then my eye wandered over to a jar that was sitting on the counter amongst the other groceries. Stuck to the jar was a plain white label, and on the label I could make out two distinct words in black type. They read "Berry Jam." Not "Knott's Berry Farm Berry Jam." Not "Smucker's Berry Jam." Just "Berry Jam."

And then I remembered that while my wife was making out her grocery list the previous evening, she'd asked me if I wanted or needed anything from the market, and I'd replied, "Pick me up some berry jam."

It's always good to know where you stand in a relationship.

Haha. My wife's frugality is evenhanded. However, I frequently get: "Would you mind getting up [from that comfortable chair where you're minding your own business and enjoying a glass of scotch] to get me X? I'd do it myself, but I don't want to disturb the dog."
Master of karate and friendship for everyone.

Average Joe
Location: Where they rip out the trees and name streets after them.

Post by Average Joe » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:04 pm

Thanks for the laugh Charlie. Too funny.
:cool

Bears Fan

Post by Bears Fan » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:13 pm

Chuck, I fear that is the road I am headed down. I think I am ok with that though. Thanks for the laugh.

SLSS

Post by SLSS » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:59 pm

Bears Fan wrote:Chuck, I fear that is the road I am headed down. I think I am ok with that though.
Smores finalize the deal?

I used carrot cake.
It's lime the battles between sperm whales and giant squid half a mile below the surface of the ocean. Only it happens in the palm I your hand.- thndr

when I fall, I am still cold and wet, but much more stylishly dressed. as my hat disappears in the riffle- flybug.pa

"Sugar? No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough."

Bears Fan

Post by Bears Fan » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:57 pm

We shall see. She has a well mannered retriever that I began buying toys for over a year ago. Damn.

Keep an ear out for "Un pezzo di merda" my step father taught me that one early on (-;

BobLoblaw

Post by BobLoblaw » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:50 am

Bears Fan wrote:Chuck, I fear that is the road I am headed down. I think I am ok with that though. Thanks for the laugh.
I find myself reading all of your posts in Ron Swanson's voice.
Under no circumstances should you ever change your avatar! :cool
"Walters brook trout. Roots steelhead. Thalwegs tarpon. Loblaws cutthroats.

The list continues to grow..."
-Fatman

CharlieJenkem

Post by CharlieJenkem » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:57 am

Bears Fan wrote:Chuck, I fear that is the road I am headed down. I think I am ok with that though. Thanks for the laugh.
There are worse fates - good luck! :cool

Why how-come you only got 21 posts?? Did you roll your odometer over?
Master of karate and friendship for everyone.

Tailer

Post by Tailer » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:00 am

I used shrimp and grits, and she bought toys for Brown Dog, but either way, good luck!
if you break into my car, I'll go knock a granny on the head - 2Fish

Bears Fan

Post by Bears Fan » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:09 am

Loblaw consider it done. That was my intention, and I must admit that I sometimes find myself doing the same thing.

Charles, I was locked out of my old account. Apparently talking to jed is like talking to the cops. Everything you say can and will be used against you. Speaking of, anyone have the name of a Bahamas guide they would definitely not recommend? I wish to book a half day for a friend.