A Confession

All threads that bitch about new, existing, or old members will be posted/relocated here. Keep this shit off the General forum, because no one wants (or cares) to hear your opinions. Now go back to the other forums and post something worthy of reading.
Baerman

Re: A Confession

Post by Baerman » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:29 pm

No matter how much yager i drink. I refuse to fish with beads or bead heads. :spam :spam
Baerman

Salmotrutta

Post by Salmotrutta » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:07 am

Wow, so glad I never joined the ranks of peoples who think other peoples fishing is so stupid. Fishing is cool, fuck you for thinking any fishing is a bad thing. fucking asshats.
Lyrical

Ginseng Sullivan

Post by Ginseng Sullivan » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:32 am

yeah well fuck you too.

you and larry, what a team. you do realize he's your only friend here don't you?

Kylemc

Post by Kylemc » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:47 am

shunned wrote:since we're confessing... I took the garbage out once.

and I put it all in recycling and now I don't have to do it any more.

true story:

still courting, 1998...

the missus: where's the (fucking whatever, I don't know...)?
the ex-dishwasher: I binned it.
her: what do you mean 'you binned it.'
me: I fucked it off. it is no more. it has gone the way of the dodo.
her: why?
me: couldn't get it clean. it was fucking bollocks. I binned it.
her: well you didn't have to throw it away...
me: fuck it. I'll pick up another tomorrow. let's get high...
her: no.
BWAHHHAAAAAAAA!
"And sometimes both is required. We; the three of us were rather like the willow. Nothing broke us...Fucking Nothing..."

I forgot the rest.... your mom is a whore...WB25

Willi

Post by Willi » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:15 pm

Seems like you swingers are pretty self righteous with your talk about "earning fish", "serious about fishing", "spiritual and physical gain", "real fishing" and blah, BS, blah, BS, blah......

If being hard is where it's at, why not "really fly cast/fish" and swing with a conventional fly rod?

Or just fish dead drifted upstream dries?

Or ???????????????????????

Willi

SLSS

Post by SLSS » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:28 pm

Hey Willi- I swung flies with a single hander for years. I just prefer casting with two hands now that I at least scratched the surface of learning how.

I actually don't care how people fish. What bothers me is inconsiderate behavior on the river, and I haven't found that to be gear specific. Low-holed/high-holed/crowded by fly guys as much as anybody. As big a shit-show as the Salmon River (the one here in NY) is during salmon season, with all its variations on lifting, it doesn't actually improve that much when the damon are over, and its just pincers and fly guys battling for position.

Come to think of it, thats about all that bothers me off the river, too. Rudeness.
It's lime the battles between sperm whales and giant squid half a mile below the surface of the ocean. Only it happens in the palm I your hand.- thndr

when I fall, I am still cold and wet, but much more stylishly dressed. as my hat disappears in the riffle- flybug.pa

"Sugar? No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough."

Willi

Post by Willi » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:48 pm

SLSS wrote:Hey Willi- I swung flies with a single hander for years. I just prefer casting with two hands now that I at least scratched the surface of learning how.

I actually don't care how people fish. What bothers me is inconsiderate behavior on the river, and I haven't found that to be gear specific. Low-holed/high-holed/crowded by fly guys as much as anybody. As big a shit-show as the Salmon River (the one here in NY) is during salmon season, with all its variations on lifting, it doesn't actually improve that much when the damon are over, and its just pincers and fly guys battling for position.

Come to think of it, thats about all that bothers me off the river, too. Rudeness.
I agree with the above but what did you mean by this?

"three of the art guys pulled out two handers. They knew we were serious about our fishing"

Two handers are synonymous with being "serious about our fishing" or other types of anglers aren't serious or...............

Not picking specifically on you but it seems to me that on this forum, it's the two handed swingers who tend to look down on other types of fishermen more than anyone else.

Willi

Heero[CntRmbrPwd]

Post by Heero[CntRmbrPwd] » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:06 pm

Once you have swung your way to glory in the form of chrome/bar of silver/steel/whicheverothercatchphraseispopularwiththehoodiewearingbrahs using only a two-handed rod and maybe a bullet weight intended for carolina rigging then you too will know what it means to be a true angler.

Ginseng Sullivan

Post by Ginseng Sullivan » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:19 pm

it's FLY fishing, as if, you know, with a fly.

i'm typing slow so you all can understand. i do not care what you do to catch fish but if you are not at least fishing a fly, which, by my definition, at least involves attaching thread to something, then you are not fly fishing. other methods are perfectly acceptable, again i don't fuckin care. the point is if it's fly fishing it's done with a fly at the very least. call yourself a bead fisherman instead and see how long you keep that up.

why the fuck is that so hard to grasp?

why don't we just play hockey with a volleyball?

if the bead is OK then why not Berkeley Gulp? is the substrate the deal breaker or am i OK there too?

if i take a photo and then turn it into an oil painting in Photoshop did i just become a great painter?

fuck it, next bow season i'm taking the rifle.

blumpkin

Post by blumpkin » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:22 pm

I like 2 handed rods,
They are fun and a breath of fresh air
after 30 years or so of single hand fly rods.

I don't look down at people for any angling preference,
I do look down on ignorant, and inconsiderate anglers.

I do most of my 2 handed fishing in an area that gets little to no angling pressure,
even then I usually fish at night to avoid jet skiers, who are easily
the single most ignorant, inconsiderate demographic group
that use our public waterways today, but that is another story.

Beads do seem pretty ghey though, and I do not consider that fly fishing.

I have never been comfortable with snobs,
I really do not think any of my friends here are snobs.

I have always been more of a Marina person,
than the Yacht Club type.

In fact I have gotten in trouble in a few different Great Lakes Yacht Clubs.

CYC comes to mind...

But again that is another story...
"Dunno how this’ll go, I’ve been drinking since 2”
Travis.

Glista

Post by Glista » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:25 pm

Willi wrote:I agree with the above but what did you mean by this?

"three of the art guys pulled out two handers. They knew we were serious about our fishing"

Two handers are synonymous with being "serious about our fishing" or other types of anglers aren't serious or...............
I think when you look at this statement you need to consider whether the fisherman in question are there specifically to catch fish or there to enjoy the entire process of fishing, if that makes any sense. 99 times out of a hundred a guy with a two handed rod is there for the entire experience. Guys using other tackle may be more into just catching fish. It seems to me that the more sophisticated an angler’s equipment is the more likely he is to be into the entire experience of fishing and not just to catch fish. I’m not saying there aren’t guys with pinning outfits that are into the entire experience but it is more likely they are there to just catch fish. Guides can usually pick out who is who fairly quick.
Willi wrote:Not picking specifically on you but it seems to me that on this forum, it's the two handed swingers who tend to look down on other types of fishermen more than anyone else.
And it’s not just this forum. :cool

Yard Sale

Post by Yard Sale » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:53 pm

blumpkin wrote:I have never been comfortable with snobs,
I really do not think any of my friends here are snobs.

I have always been more of a Marina person,
than the Yacht Club type.

In fact I have gotten in trouble in a few different Great Lakes Yacht Clubs.

CYC comes to mind...

But again that is another story...
Ha, thats funny. Dude, fly fishing is the same as "yachting". From the outside they seem like snobs, and there are a lot of snobs in both sports. But I guarantee you every yacht club has some punks hanging out in the back of the boatyard smoking a J and raiding coolers for old beers...ask me how I know! And I too have been busted at CYC!

I don't care how people fish, but I hate the "I haven't had a pull in 5 days" excuse. I'm there for 2 reasons; the experience of hanging out in incredible places with cool people, and the challenge of catching fish. For me bobbicating detracts form both of those experiences. If you don't get a pull it just makes it that much better when you finally do.

That said, I look at it this way. If I went to my wifes family reunion and one of the guys there was a bead/gear/bait/whatever fisherman I would be stoked to get to talk fishing with somebody. Plain and simple...
[quote="locogringo"]I used to wear those Skagit shorts but they were too loose and sometimes would expose my d loop and my perry poke would fall out.[/]