All threads that bitch about new, existing, or old members will be posted/relocated here. Keep this shit off the General forum, because no one wants (or cares) to hear your opinions. Now go back to the other forums and post something worthy of reading.
By WanderingBlues
HPFF wrote:
What I've found is 99.8% are good folks doing a good job and trying to get home safe to their families. .1% are shitheads. The other .1% are Chiefs trying to figure out how to enforce laws that change monthly.
You must live in a f'ing utopia. I realize they're just normal citizens too , but if you think you can take 100 folks from anywhere and end up with 98 "Good People" you're living in a dreamworld. The worlds full of worthless assholes and unfortunately some of em end up wearing a gun and badge , which is never a good combination for common citizens. I've got a good buddy who's a sheriff so I'm not knocking law enforcement in general , just the assholes that let a little bit of power go to their head.
Yeah... Utopia... Just offering what I've seen in our department after 23 years. Can't speak to back east, the south, the feds (who I dislike as well)... Just what we have going on. Most of us figure it ain't worth losing a $100K salary, good retirement, and lifetime medical over some unethical or illegal BS. Just my experience in my sliver of the world.

Unrelated- I have to admit to embezzling you asparagus wrapped bacon on the grill. Served it up over Labor Day and it was a huge hit. Credit where credit is due.
By shunned
when I was young, wandering the streets of east london you could punch on with coppers.

I miss those days.

problems I've had in 41 years: somewhere between none and eleventeen
times I've rang the old bill: zero

look at it this way... I've lightened their load.

times I've had the fine gentlemen at my door for load lightening: somewhere between none and eleventeen

never had one disagree with my ethics, mind.
:cool
By WanderingBlues
Yeah, I had a member of the Ipswich constabulary set me right after I was wearing my Arsenal kit to proudly when the Blues won the FA Cup in 78. Less than what my dad did when he brought me home reeking of Tolley Cobbold.
By Horn_Identity
Police: Officer Fired 41 Times at Fatally Shot Chase Suspect
Officer faces internal affairs, criminal investigations in shooting

Two separate investigations are looking at the actions of a Garland police officer during a police chase that ended with the shooting death of a suspect last month.

Garland police said Tuesday that the officer, Patrick Tuter, fired at Michael Vincent Allen 41 times. There is no evidence that Allen ever tried to assault the officer or returned fire, police said.

Allen, 25, of Wylie, was shot and killed Aug. 31 after a high-speed chase that began in Garland and ended in Mesquite. He was wanted on suspicion of eluding police in Sasche a few days earlier.

At the time of the shooting, investigators said the officer shot Allen after he rammed his pickup truck into the officer's cruiser. But dashboard camera video from the officer's patrol car shows that the officer rammed into Allen's truck and fired 41 shots at Allen, reloading his weapon twice, police said Tuesday.

"When we counted everything in the investigation, we found that our officer -- one officer -- fired at least 41 shots," Garland police spokesman Officer Joe Harn said.

The officer has been placed on restricted duty and his service-issued weapons have been confiscated.

Harn said the number of shots fired is a concern.

"As we continue to go through the investigation [and] talk to everybody that was involved, something may come forward that we say, 'This is all justified,' however, this is a concern of ours," Harn said. "That's why we're putting it out, because of the number of times that we found that the officer fired."

There is also no record of any other officers firing their weapons during the chase.

The Mesquite Police Department is conducting a criminal investigation of the officer's actions and will turn over its findings to the Dallas County District Attorney's Office for review.

The case could possibly go to a grand jury, which can recommend whether criminal charges in the case are warranted.

In addition, Garland police's Internal Affairs Division is looking into whether the officer violated any police procedures during the chase and shooting.

Harn said it is entirely possible that the officer in question did nothing wrong criminally but may have violated department policy.

Garland police said they released the information about the chase and shooting to be transparent as the agency continues its internal probe.

"First of all, we hope and we want the public to know that we're going to do our thing," Harn said. "We're going to do our investigation correctly. We could sit on this and try to hide it, but we're not -- we're going to do a good and complete, thorough investigation."

Both departments' investigations are described as ongoing.

Linky: http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Police ... 87236.html

It gets better of course.......

Cell phone evidence in fatal incident allegedly erased by Texas police
Cops in Dallas suburb of Mesquite confiscate phone, delete photos and videos.

by Timothy B. Lee - Sept 12 2012, 3:40pm MDT
GOVERNMENT
Just after midnight on August 31, Mitchell Wallace was awakened from his home in the Dallas suburb of Mesquite by the sound of gunshots. He heard dozens of rounds being fired and emerged from his house in time to see a police dog bite 25-year-old Michael Vincent Allen in the neck and drag him from his truck. Allen had just led police on a high-speed car chase, and would die from his wounds.

The Dallas Morning News reports (hat tip to Carlos Miller) that after the shooting subsided, Wallace took out his cell phone and began taking photos and videos of the carnage. But the police evidently didn't appreciate the scrutiny. Wallace says the Mesquite police confiscated the phone, deleted the photos and videos, and didn't return the device for four days.

That's a shame, because there are significant unanswered questions about the incident. The police say that officer Patrick Tuter fired his weapon 41 times. The department is conducting an investigation to determine whether the incident was handled properly. While Wallace didn't get video of the shootings themselves, his photos and videos could still have provided crucial evidence corroborating or refuting Tuter's account of the encounter.

Moreover, many observers believe that it's illegal for the police to confiscate a cell phone and delete photos and videos from it. Indeed, the Obama administration took that position earlier this year in a Baltimore case, arguing that the Baltimore police violated a man's First and Fourth Amendment rights when they confiscated his phone and deleted photos and video from it. He's now involved in a bitter lawsuit with the BPD. The police chief in Washington, DC, was forced to adopt an official policy prohibiting officers from interfering with amateur photography under pressure from an ACLU lawsuit, but that pressure has not yet extended to police forces around the country.

Linky: http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2012 ... as-police/

This must be another one them 0.1 bad cop/shithead. Meh, he'll probably just get a suspension with pay and will have to spend some mandatory shooting time at the range, for retraining you know(one shot one kill). 41 fucking times, sheesh, don't them officers know that ammo are expensive nowadays. :gun
By Horn_Identity
Cop Tasers Little Boy

SANTA FE, N.M. (CN) - A New Mexico policeman Tasered a 10-year-old child on a playground because the boy refused to clean his patrol car, the boy claims in court.

Guardian ad litem Rachel Higgins sued the New Mexico Department of Public Safety and Motor Transportation Police Officer Chris Webb on behalf of the child, in Santa Fe County Court.

Higgins claims Webb used his Taser on the boy, R.D., during a May 4 "career day" visit to Tularosa New Mexico Intermediate School.

"Defendant Webb asked the boy, R.D., in a group of boys, who would like to clean his patrol unit," the complaint states. "A number of boys said that they would. R.D., joking, said that he did not want to clean the patrol unit.

"Defendant Webb responded by pointing his Taser at R.D. and saying, 'Let me show you what happens to people who do not listen to the police.'"

Webb then shot "two barbs into R.D.'s chest," the complaint states.

"Both barbs penetrated the boy's shirt, causing the device to deliver 50,000 volts into the boy's body.

"Defendant Webb pulled the barbs out [of] the boy's chest, causing scarring where the barbs had entered the boy's skin that look like cigarette burns on the boy's chest.

"The boy, who weighed less than 100 lbs., blacked out.

"Instead of calling emergency medical personnel, Officer Webb pulled out the barbs and took the boy to the school principal's office," the complaint states.

Higgins says the Tasing gave the boy post-traumatic stress syndrome, and that "The boy, R.D., has woken up in the middle of the night holding his chest, afraid he is never going to wake up again."

She adds: "No reasonable officer confronting a situation where the need for force is at its lowest, on a playground with elementary age children, would have deployed the Taser in so reckless a manner as to cause physical and psychological injury."

She seeks punitive damages for the boy for battery, failure to render emergency medical care, excessive force, unreasonable seizure, and negligent hiring, training, supervision and retention.

Higgins and R.D. are represented by the Kennedy Law Firm, of Albuquerque.

Link: http://www.courthousenews.com/2012/10/30/51809.htm

Here is Officer Webb on a good day though .......

By tailchaser
whoa...

there has to be more to that story. that just doesn't make sense

why in the fuck would a cop taser a kid?
By slavetotheflyrod
Here's one that just happened yesterday.

Cops shoot a dog after it was restrained by animal control. Not once, not twice, but five times, one of which took a bounce and struck the animal control truck.

Here's the link, the raw video is attached to the news story, but I'll caution the dog lovers - you're gonna be pissed.

http://www.9news.com/news/article/30138 ... ling-dog--
By Hogleg
slavetotheflyrod wrote:Here's one that just happened yesterday.

Cops shoot a dog after it was restrained by animal control. Not once, not twice, but five times, one of which took a bounce and struck the animal control truck.

Here's the link, the raw video is attached to the news story, but I'll caution the dog lovers - you're gonna be pissed.

I can't click that video but would like to know what's gonna happen to that douchebag LEO?
By slavetotheflyrod
Hogleg wrote:

I can't click that video but would like to know what's gonna happen to that douchebag LEO?
Well I'll venture a guess - The cops will "investigate" the cops, and find that the shooting was justified.

Now, what should happen, and I'm sure you'd agree if you'd watched the vid, the cops should be fired, charged with 7 counts of felony cruelty to animals, and 5 counts of unlawful discharge of a firearm, but such things are reserved for citizens who act in such a foolish and reckless fashion, not cops.
By Hogleg
slavetotheflyrod wrote:
Hogleg wrote:

Well I'll venture a guess - The cops will "investigate" the cops, and find that the shooting was justified.

Now, what should happen, and I'm sure you'd agree if you'd watched the vid, the cops should be fired, charged with 7 counts of felony cruelty to animals, and 5 counts of unlawful discharge of a firearm, but such things are reserved for citizens who act in such a foolish and reckless fashion, not cops.

Fuck.

I presume this happened in the Denver Metropolitan area? I guess I'll be following it on the local newz then. I normally try not to follow the newz, unless I'm forced to. Denver cops have been allowed to do this shit with impunity to humans, never mind Gods. This should be a real peach.
By SOBF
That cop should be fired. The fucking dog was just sitting there until the asshole tased it. I'm guessing he gets fired.
whatcha tying?

1650B2D9-E969-4148-8EDA-D4CDD21E4D19.jpeg E3D3D7[…]

2021 Smalljaw Swap

I'm sending in a piece of marabou on a toothpick

in recent news: Poll: 38% of Americans would giv[…]

The return of Stolen Hours

] Feb 27, 2021 Gas $2.49 Temp 68 Wet wading in[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine