Byproduct of Getting Old

All threads that bitch about new, existing, or old members will be posted/relocated here. Keep this shit off the General forum, because no one wants (or cares) to hear your opinions. Now go back to the other forums and post something worthy of reading.
Hogleg

Re: Byproduct of Getting Old

Post by Hogleg » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:42 pm

Speedy recovery Root.

Merely a flesh wound for a salty old geezer like you I'm guessing.

Let me know if you need anything my friend. I hope you're doing well.
"girls with eating disorders will usually let you come in there in butt." -Jhnnythndr
"...my grandmother’s Tang always tasted like rusty water and dirty socks." - Average Joe
"with some limited exceptions steelhead live where the lady selection is sparce." - MTG

Redchaser

Post by Redchaser » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:07 pm

Had a prostate biopsy today. Now I'm sitting funny and shitting blood, but the warm glow of valume makes it a little more tolerable.
"... don’t let your life become the sloppy leftovers of your work" Jim Harrison

"Put in the effort and good things happen"... Hogleg

"Salinity is proportional to sanity for sure" ..The Volfish

Redchaser.com, all about Louisiana Fly Fishing

Redchaser

Post by Redchaser » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:37 pm

I found a good deal on a turntable I've been wanting on Craigslist. Met the dude to buy it from him, he's probably around 30 or so. I give him cash, he gives me the turntable and a few of the accessories that go with it, then he hands me this object and says "I think this may be part of the counter balance"
1-IMG_2009.JPG
1-IMG_2009.JPG (85.97 KiB) Viewed 1874 times
Apparently he's never seen or played a 45 RPM record. FML I'm getting old.
"... don’t let your life become the sloppy leftovers of your work" Jim Harrison

"Put in the effort and good things happen"... Hogleg

"Salinity is proportional to sanity for sure" ..The Volfish

Redchaser.com, all about Louisiana Fly Fishing

The Wandering Blues

Post by The Wandering Blues » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:09 pm

Well, it's my turn for the initiation into the 'Over 50' Club. Bruiser said to read this thread. I'm glad I did before I started drinking the cocktail as I'm sure my walls would have looked like a Jackson Pollack painting from laughing so hard.... Average fucking Joe........
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South

Bigguy

Post by Bigguy » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:55 pm

Welcome to the club, WB! Just had my second one a few weeks ago. Realizing I was nearing my 5th anniversary, I called the doc that did the first one. They told me I needed my general prac. Doc to write a referral. Arguing that the ass doc had said come back didn't do any good. Called the general prac. Doc and asked that they write the referral. Two days later and no referral, I called back. They told me that since I hadn't been in in six months, I needed to see the doc. Already getting the red-ass and hadn't even made it to the starting line. Decided to switch general prac. doc, still had to make an office visit.
Finally get the ass-reaming scheduled, day before I was to drink the cocktail, ass-doc's office called rescheduling it two weeks later, another case of red-ass!

Having gone through the shitshow once, I stopped eating at noon the day before having to drink that crap, figured less in, less out. Discovered they had improved things, instead of a gallon of shit starter, they had switched to 1/2 gallon of gator aid, not near as bad.

As par for the course, the 12:30 procedure was delayed almost two hours. I was more than a little pissed. Had to take one last shit before getting started and the ass-doc was miffed that I was late. Told him to fuck-off since he was running even later! Damn glad they gave me good drugs as I suspect I really got an ass-reaming!

Good news, no ass-cancer. Bad news, get to do it again in five years.