Byproduct of Getting Old

All threads that bitch about new, existing, or old members will be posted/relocated here. Keep this shit off the General forum, because no one wants (or cares) to hear your opinions. Now go back to the other forums and post something worthy of reading.
B.M. Barrelcooker

Re: Byproduct of Getting Old

Post by B.M. Barrelcooker » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:00 am

[report]Image[/report]

I think the "BM" on this mound actually stands for "bowel movement"; one of Franzen's, if I'm not mistaken...

Ajax

Post by Ajax » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:57 am

I had some questionable results from a PSA test a while back, and my Dr ordered an ultrasound of my prostate. The woman who administered the test used a probe the size of a Louisville Slugger. And she had to have been savagely grudge-fucked within recent memory, 'cause she went at my ass with that thing like Lexington Steele after a month of celibacy and a bushel of oysters. I was sore for a fucking week.

Looks like I'll live, but I'll sure as hell be avoiding criminal activity that might result in prison, or canoe trips into northern Georgia.
I believe in rules. Sure I do. If there weren't any rules, how could you break them?
-Leo Durocher

Redchaser

Post by Redchaser » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:24 pm

Ajax wrote:I had some questionable results from a PSA test a while back, and my Dr ordered an ultrasound of my prostate. The woman who administered the test used a probe the size of a Louisville Slugger. And she had to have been savagely grudge-fucked within recent memory, 'cause she went at my ass with that thing like Lexington Steele after a month of celibacy and a bushel of oysters. I was sore for a fucking week.

Looks like I'll live, but I'll sure as hell be avoiding criminal activity that might result in prison, or canoe trips into northern Georgia.

I've got the questionable PSA results too. My doc wants to biopsy. I told him I'll do it in October after I take a trip and get my kid settled back into school. He's ok with that because while it's a "bit " high, it's not raging. When they were scheduling it they said I'll probably need to take it easy for a day or two after and asked if I wanted to schedule on a Friday. I told them "Fuck no, I'm not wasting a weekend on that, schedule it on Monday, that's what I have sick days for". Just because I'm getting fucked up the ass, I don't want to get fucked up the ass.
"... don’t let your life become the sloppy leftovers of your work" Jim Harrison

"Put in the effort and good things happen"... Hogleg

"Salinity is proportional to sanity for sure" ..The Volfish

Redchaser.com, all about Louisiana Fly Fishing

root wad

Post by root wad » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:13 pm

I really sympathize with all you old farts who fear anal intrusion. I am fortunate that the only medical procedure I endured this past week involved a somewhat routine heart valve replacement. Thanks for the book AW. Due to the wonders of modern pharmacology and pain killing protocols I got to look at it for the first time on four different occasions. Been putting this thing off for about the past six years. Decided to pull the trigger when I realized I was starting to cast a lot like Randy.
"A hatchery is what you get 'when you cross a sacred cow with a military base.'" Dr. Bernard Shanks
"When I found the skull in the woods, the first thing I did was call the police. But then I got curious about it. I picked it up, and started wondering who this person was, and why he had deer horns."

fatman

Post by fatman » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:46 pm

get well soon, Root. Follow doctor's orders, do the therapy.
grope a nurse if you get the chance....

rest easy knowing that you will be fishing vicariously (via gifted flyties)
in AK in a little over a week.

:cool
My drinkin' days are over; I'm still trouble bound - Slaid Cleaves

"This place is so fucked up. Where else could you find a thread with a Debbie Gibson song, a chapter from Fyodor Dostoevsky, and a sweet under boob pic like that on the same page?" - Hogleg

"You may not be smart, but your car gets good gas mileage". - Stovetop

Bigguy

Post by Bigguy » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:56 pm

Hope you mend quickly, Root!

rampant

Post by rampant » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:37 am

Both Linda & myself wish you the best for getting back out on the river as soon as possible.
Cheers Bill

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:47 am

holy shit... so this explains the skinny blinky.
get well, mate... good to see you face your fears.

and whatever you do don't get all up your own ass like a skinny oprah.
49% of americans assume I give a shit about what they think.

Redchaser

Post by Redchaser » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:18 am

Best of luck for a quick recovery Root. I'll probably loose all those purdy flies you sent in snags, or pop them off on shitty back cast.
"... don’t let your life become the sloppy leftovers of your work" Jim Harrison

"Put in the effort and good things happen"... Hogleg

"Salinity is proportional to sanity for sure" ..The Volfish

Redchaser.com, all about Louisiana Fly Fishing

root wad

Post by root wad » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:11 pm

You guys have a great trip north. I look forward to you sharing it with us. Hope the flies can be useful. You shouldn't run out.
"A hatchery is what you get 'when you cross a sacred cow with a military base.'" Dr. Bernard Shanks
"When I found the skull in the woods, the first thing I did was call the police. But then I got curious about it. I picked it up, and started wondering who this person was, and why he had deer horns."

Randall Dee

Post by Randall Dee » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:06 pm

I suppose you think I put that hook in yer leg on accident. Or was it yer ass? I forget.

Seriously Rooty, best wishes for a speedy recovery. And be sure to reach out if I can be of service.

yard4sale

Post by yard4sale » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:05 pm

root wad wrote: Decided to pull the trigger when I realized I was starting to cast a lot like Randy.
Like herpes, there ain't no cure for that.

Damn Root, glad to hear you are getting through it. We need you strong to pole us through the 30 knots again next year.
You can't go back and you can't stand still
If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will