Byproduct of Getting Old

All threads that bitch about new, existing, or old members will be posted/relocated here. Keep this shit off the General forum, because no one wants (or cares) to hear your opinions. Now go back to the other forums and post something worthy of reading.
SLSS

Re: Byproduct of Getting Old

Post by SLSS » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:28 am

Beer-less existence sucks. There's no way around it. Been almost a year and a half. I've broken down and cheated twice.... Because good beer is fucking delicious.

Death/beer/death/beer/death/beer. Seems an obvious choice. But beer is fucking delicious.
It's lime the battles between sperm whales and giant squid half a mile below the surface of the ocean. Only it happens in the palm I your hand.- thndr

when I fall, I am still cold and wet, but much more stylishly dressed. as my hat disappears in the riffle- flybug.pa

"Sugar? No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough."

flybug.pa.

Post by flybug.pa. » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:10 am

Look at all the good you've done for yourself without it SLSS
If you end up with a boring miserable life because you listened to your mom, your dad, your teacher, your priest, or some guy on television telling you how to do your shit, then you deserve it.
- Frank Zappa

SOBF

Post by SOBF » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:20 am

Slave try a beer called New Planet Pale Ale. It's gluten free and pretty darn good. My wife has celiacs and likes a beer now and then. Omission is another one. I tried the New Planet and found it really good. Watch out for Soy Sauce it has wheat in it. You can buy some that is gluten free that is great.Gimme a shout if you need any info. We have been dealing with it for 18 years.

Woolybug25

Post by Woolybug25 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:34 am

slavetotheflyrod wrote:
Woolybug25 wrote:Only on the Suk could I read the entire "report" of a colonoscopy and be entertained.

Good shit, dude (see what I did there?) :cool
Shit, this is the funniest thread on the entire suk.

First 10 pages are pure gold.

This place has literally gone to shit.

What I'm told on the liquor is it's AOK if it's just pure distilled spirits like Scotch, Vodka, Bourbon, or pretty much any whiskey. Wine is cool too, and I assumed Sake would be, but some are, some aren't.
I'm going to start trying out gluten free beers to see if I can help find one worth a shit for you, buddy.

That sucks. So you can't eat shellfish and you can't drink beer? That would be the end of me.
"All mountain hippies are as young as they day they were born, smarter than Einstein, better looking than Tom Selleck and could outfish an army of pinners." - foureyedgeek

www.hiptothesip.blogspot.com

SLSS

Post by SLSS » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:42 am

flybug.pa. wrote:Look at all the good you've done for yourself without it SLSS
If only it were so. I weigh exactly the same and feel exactly the same. Next time I hear someone droning on about the benefits of a "cleanse", I may stab them in the fuck. Watch out Gwenyth Paltrow.

On the other hand, I'm vertical and above ground, so life is good.
It's lime the battles between sperm whales and giant squid half a mile below the surface of the ocean. Only it happens in the palm I your hand.- thndr

when I fall, I am still cold and wet, but much more stylishly dressed. as my hat disappears in the riffle- flybug.pa

"Sugar? No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough."

RaZ

Post by RaZ » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:49 am

great stuff Bman. you were def El Podorro in bunk/shipping container #2 back in november... and dont blame pancho.
"Then let us know how that goes, you smug motherfucker"

flybug.pa.

Post by flybug.pa. » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:22 am

Slave, sorry. Svedka is a very good vodka, on the rocks. Rated #2 .
If you end up with a boring miserable life because you listened to your mom, your dad, your teacher, your priest, or some guy on television telling you how to do your shit, then you deserve it.
- Frank Zappa

slavetotheflyrod

Post by slavetotheflyrod » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:07 am

SLSS wrote:Beer-less existence sucks. There's no way around it. Been almost a year and a half. I've broken down and cheated twice.... Because good beer is fucking delicious.

Death/beer/death/beer/death/beer. Seems an obvious choice. But beer is fucking delicious.
It's funny how when something like this happens, and you have to give up things you really like or even love, what you think you'll miss, and what you end up really missing.

I thought the beer thing would be the end of the world, but I've found a cocktail or some sake fills the void nicely. The hardest part has been giving up the flour tortillas. I never really realized it, but probably 2/3rds of everything I crammed down my gullet came wrapped in a flour tortilla.

And I'm not talking just any tortillas - the real ones, made with stone ground flour and lard.

Fuck I'm gonna miss those.

The silver lining - http://www.trytyku.com/

I'll be drinking a lot of black this summer - this shit will destroy some thirst served cold.
Make sure to keep the riff-raff out. - Outcast

Asking me for an avatar is like walking up to the biggest queen in the jailhouse showers and dropping the soap. - RFA

SOBF

Post by SOBF » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:18 pm

I thought the beer thing would be the end of the world, but I've found a cocktail or some sake fills the void nicely. The hardest part has been giving up the flour tortillas. I never really realized it, but probably 2/3rds of everything I crammed down my gullet came wrapped in a flour tortilla.
You will come to enjoy corn.

flybug.pa.

Post by flybug.pa. » Sat May 03, 2014 3:23 am

I torn up my hip at the beginning of april while training. .Because I know everything I did not make a follow up after the ER visit. Bursitis has set in and now the I.T. and Acl and both sides of the quad are shot. and my lower back muscles from continuing to work while fucked up. Methylprednisone for a week. No more tougher than thou. I am just going to go to the Dr. its not like I am that far away from one. lesson learned
- Frank Zappa

Pedorro

Post by Pedorro » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:19 pm

Going to neighbour's funeral tomorrow. Age 48, died because a routine colonoscopy perforated his bowel.
By the time they figured it out nobody wanted to operate on him. His wife finally dumped him at hospital and said "I ain't taking him home to die, you guys deal with it!"
They operated but it didn't go well, it was too late I guess.
RIP Darrin.
That Fly took such a shellackin' I just wanted put a warm towel on her shoulders and
giver her a bowl of chicken soup…Blumpkin

We have an easygoing and demotivated freemarket type of uslessness here...JhnnyThndr

SOBF

Post by SOBF » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:31 am

Going to neighbour's funeral tomorrow. Age 48, died because a routine colonoscopy perforated his bowel.
By the time they figured it out nobody wanted to operate on him. His wife finally dumped him at hospital and said "I ain't taking him home to die, you guys deal with it!"
They operated but it didn't go well, it was too late I guess.
RIP Darrin.
Sorry about your neighbor. I'm up for mine next Wednesday.