All threads that bitch about new, existing, or old members will be posted/relocated here. Keep this shit off the General forum, because no one wants (or cares) to hear your opinions. Now go back to the other forums and post something worthy of reading.
User avatar
By tailingpermit
#502832
Seriously, could someone please fire this raging homo?

I'd be more than happy to fly to the Fort and slap Tom's
dick out of his mouth, but I already have holiday plans. :coffee
User avatar
By D-nymph
#502837
tailingpermit wrote:Seriously, could someone please fire this raging homo?

This is a really good idea. Seriously.
User avatar
By RFA
#502840
He's actually a very soft spoken, really nice guy. The polar opposite of you, Mike.
User avatar
By Nemo
#502842
Let's be honest, Mike: You could fly to the Fort only if your dad bought the ticket.

What happened to you? I remember a guy, way back when Grant and I came to Key West to fish with Don, who could not have been a better host. You hooked us up with a place to stay, you fed us, and I'll never forget you coming over to the house early in the morning (drunk, but still..) to yell at me about my technique: "You've got to feed that fucking fish, man--You've got to FEED it!" You were awesome. And you had every opportunity just sitting there in front of you to do what you said you dreamed of doing: break Del Brown's permit record.

Now there you are, in Boise, basically run out of Key West for being a complete and utter asshole. I've defended you forever. "No, you just don't understand him." "He's not that bad, really." "He's just a very talented and misunderstood fishermen, that's all." I felt partially responsible for your behavior by putting you on the very first Permit Page... but you deserved it—you had a great and compelling story. And you were one hell of a permit fisherman.

I let you run your mouth on this board forever, talking endless shit about everyone and everything--and most of the time, you have absolutely no idea what the fuck you're talking about. (You call swinging for steelhead "blind-casting?" ha!) This includes shitting on the video awards, which you have no clue about, have never been to, yet can't wait to criticize. And you have absolutely NO idea how hard it is to make a movie or put on those awards or just how many hundreds of hours myself and dozens of other filmmakers have poured into producing them.

All of which is fine, and all of which I've just accepted, because you've mostly just been flicking ME shit.

But I'm done. Just what, exactly, is your problem with Geoff? Not that I really care, because I know you've never met him, but I just have to ask, because you are the one and only person—in this industry or anywhere else—who doesn't seem to love the guy. Me? I can be an asshole, clearly. I'll be the first to admit it. But I've never seen or heard Geoff be a dick to anyone. Ever. In fact, I hired him in part—in addition to being a great writer, editor, friend and fisherman—because his whole demeanor just puts people at ease. They like him. They all like him. (except for D-Nymph, apparently. Who I'm also willing to bet has never met him.)

And even if it weren't for that, for the fact that you would berate a super-nice guy you've never met, have no clue about, and couldn't be more wrong about, you opt to do it this morning on The Drake Facebook page? Mike, I'm trying to run a BUSINESS —do you understand that? This is what I do for a living? Unlike you, I wasn't born on third base. Daddy ain't waiting in the wings to bail me out—this magazine is all I have. And you're going to come on our Facebook Page and threaten Geoff? And write the same thing that you did on this post? Seriously--What the fuck is wrong with you? Why do you need all this attention?

Don't answer that. I don't care why you need the attention. But it is Christmas, so I am hoping you have an ounce of honor and grace left in you to do the following:

1) Remove the "Behead Geoff Mueller sig"

2) Lay off the personal attacks, on here and on FB.

That's it. That's all I ask. And I don't ask for much. Look Mike, you want to come on here and criticize him or me or the magazine or whatever about something we wrote? Or published? Fine. Have at it. In fact, make fun of me all you want—you have plenty to work with. It has been well established that I let people get away with almost everything here. But rude, brutal, personal cheap shots at my one and only employee? Who has helped me out of endless binds more times than I can count? No way.

Your move, Mike.
User avatar
By tailingpermit
#502843
nemo wrote:Let's be honest, Mike: You could fly to the Fort only if your dad bought the ticket.

What happened to you? I remember a guy, way back when Grant and I came to Key West to fish with Don, who could not have been a better host. You hooked us up with a place to stay, you fed us, and I'll never forget you coming over to the house early in the morning (drunk, but still..) to yell at me about my technique: "You've got to feed that fucking fish, man--You've got to FEED it!" You were awesome. And you had every opportunity just sitting there in front of you to do what you said you dreamed of doing: break Del Brown's permit record.

Now there you are, in Boise, basically run out of Key West for being a complete and utter asshole. I've defended you forever. "No, you just don't understand him." "He's not that bad, really." "He's just a very talented and misunderstood fishermen, that's all." I felt partially responsible for your behavior by putting you on the very first Permit Page... but you deserved it—you had a great and compelling story. And you were one hell of a permit fisherman.

I let you run your mouth on this board forever, talking endless shit about everyone and everything--and most of the time, you have absolutely no idea what the fuck you're talking about. (You call swinging for steelhead "blind-casting?" ha!) This includes shitting on the video awards, which you have no clue about, have never been to, yet can't wait to criticize. And you have absolutely NO idea how hard it is to make a movie or put on those awards or just how many hundreds of hours myself and dozens of other filmmakers have poured into producing them.

All of which is fine, and all of which I've just accepted, because you've mostly just been flicking ME shit.

But I'm done. Just what, exactly, is your problem with Geoff? Not that I really care, because I know you've never met him, but I just have to ask, because you are the one and only person—in this industry or anywhere else—who doesn't seem to love the guy. Me? I can be an asshole, clearly. I'll be the first to admit it. But I've never seen or heard Geoff be a dick to anyone. Ever. In fact, I hired him in part—in addition to being a great writer, editor, friend and fisherman—because his whole demeanor just puts people at ease. They like him. They all like him. (except for D-Nymph, apparently. Who I'm also will to bet has never met him.)

And even if it weren't for that, for the fact that you would berate a super-nice guy you've never met, have no clue about, and couldn't be more wrong about, you opt to do it this morning on The Drake Facebook page? Mike, I'm trying to run a BUSINESS —do you understand that? This is what I do for a living? Unlike you, I wasn't born on third base. Daddy ain't waiting in the wings to bail me out—this magazine is all I have. And you're going to come on our Facebook Page and threaten Geoff? And write the same thing that you did on this post? Seriously--What the fuck is wrong with you? Why do you need all this attention?

Don't answer that. I don't care why you need the attention. But it is Christmas, so I am hoping you have an ounce of honor and grace left in you to do the following:

1) Remove the "Behead Geoff Mueller sig"

2) Lay off the personal attacks, on here and on FB.

That's it. That's all I ask. And I don't ask for much. Look Mike, you want to come on here and criticize him or me or the magazine or whatever about something we wrote? Or published? Fine. Have at it. In fact, make fun of me all you want—you have plenty to work with. It has been well established that I let people get away with almost everything here. But rude, brutal, personal cheap shots at my one and only employee? Who has helped me out of endless binds more times than I can count? No way.

Your move, Mike.

Holy fuck! Quoted so that I may read it after my 1:00pm final.
User avatar
By Nemo
#502845
Good. read it thoroughly. Because trust me on this: whatever you think you might know about Geoff, you're wrong. I'm certain of of it. Even more certain than I am of the Huskies beating Boise State on Saturday.
User avatar
By D-nymph
#502848
nemo wrote: They all like him. (except for D-Nymph, apparently. Who I'm also willing to bet has never met him.)
Tom,

I've never met Geoff, I'm sure he's a great guy. It doesn't matter to me if he is or isn't. My issue is the work, I feel it's bringing your magazine down a few notches lately, and it's disappointing, that's all.

I don't wish to get into your pissing match with TP, who would? But I'll tell you my issue with Mr. Mueller...

1. I don't like his writing style, they read like something I expect to see in... any fly fishing mag that isn't ths Drake. Formulaic.

2. A few issues ago, there was busting on Don Beaver & his club in the mag. Fine, haha, I agree, that guy should be the butt of jokes, his club is a terrible scourge. In the very same issue, there is Geoff's article on Erie PA steelbow fishing, and who is pictured? Donny Beaver's head guide. The one guy who successfully leased water in PA closing off access to miles of other water in doing so. Surely you agree, that that is bullshit?

Keep doing your best, Tom.

D
User avatar
By Shufisher
#502851
nemo wrote:Good. read it thoroughly. Because trust me on this: whatever you think you might know about Geoff, you're wrong. I'm certain of of it. Even more certain than I am of the Huskies beating Boise State on Saturday.
Wanna wager on something meaningful? Cuz in Texas we eat Beaver!
User avatar
By BigTimber
#502855
D-nymph wrote:
nemo wrote: They all like him. (except for D-Nymph, apparently. Who I'm also willing to bet has never met him.)
Tom,

I've never met Geoff, I'm sure he's a great guy. It doesn't matter to me if he is or isn't. My issue is the work, I feel it's bringing your magazine down a few notches lately, and it's disappointing, that's all.

I don't wish to get into your pissing match with TP, who would? But I'll tell you my issue with Mr. Mueller...

1. I don't like his writing style, they read like something I expect to see in... any fly fishing mag that isn't ths Drake. Formulaic.

2. A few issues ago, there was busting on Don Beaver & his club in the mag. Fine, haha, I agree, that guy should be the butt of jokes, his club is a terrible scourge. In the very same issue, there is Geoff's article on Erie PA steelbow fishing, and who is pictured? Donny Beaver's head guide. The one guy who successfully leased water in PA closing off access to miles of other water in doing so. Surely you agree, that that is bullshit?

Keep doing your best, Tom.

D
Sorry Tom. I was trying to find the words, but nymph hit the nail on the head.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 12

Joe, Why did she do just one nipple? Somet[…]

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Michigan Spundun (extended body) https://liv[…]

Continue Sir, this is all good🤜🤜

Western Snowpack 2020

Our snowpack was at .5 inch this morning in the Oz[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine