Geoff Mueller Is A F!@k

All threads that bitch about new, existing, or old members will be posted/relocated here. Keep this shit off the General forum, because no one wants (or cares) to hear your opinions. Now go back to the other forums and post something worthy of reading.
SLSS

Re: Geoff Mueller Is A F@g!

Post by SLSS » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:43 pm

RFA wrote:Since we're beating on the mag, I will give you some feedback. The comedy needs to be better. It's very high school woodshop teacher-esque.

I would volunteer to write some shit (being as I am the funniest guy on this board, ....),

Shallow end of the pool RaFfa, just sayin... :coffee
It's lime the battles between sperm whales and giant squid half a mile below the surface of the ocean. Only it happens in the palm I your hand.- thndr

when I fall, I am still cold and wet, but much more stylishly dressed. as my hat disappears in the riffle- flybug.pa

"Sugar? No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough."

F.Babar

Post by F.Babar » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:45 pm

Obviously some complete dooshnozzles on here that have no idea what it really takes to put together a magazine, much less a quality one.

More cool artwork. :cool
I could agree with you, but then we'd both be fucking wrong

RFA

Post by RFA » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:46 pm

Just giving some feedback on what I know....not like I could write anything on fishing.
As it turns out, God? He was a squirrel. A big 'ol meaty one. "I found god, he used to say"

stonedfly

Post by stonedfly » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:47 pm

I'm available for assignments but must warn I'm currently in a dark place and MUST write drunk. Oh, and the pay has got to go up.
"We must be careful about what we pretend to be."n --Kurt Vonnegut

steelhyde

Post by steelhyde » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:48 pm

Hardest critics are Drake Board critics.

The mag is still good - who the fuck knows which guide is which in PA? And who cares? Even if it is Donny's pet guide. Honestly, like 15 guys could call out some guide out in a photo (unless his name was in the caption - which I do not remember).

I'm just thankful Tom has charged the same price for this mag since the beginning of time. Thank you for not raising the price - I appreciate it although I have no idea how you do it.

Ramcatt

Post by Ramcatt » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:53 pm

steelhyde wrote:
The mag is still good - who the fuck knows which guide is which in PA? And who cares? Even if it is Donny's pet guide. Honestly, like 15 guys could call out some guide out in a photo (unless his name was in the caption - which I do not remember).

well maybe thats part of the problem

GM writing an article about a fishery that he knows nothing aobut, let alone even fished

(this is not limited to this one article)
"Ramcatt is the origninal cuntry fishing troubadour, and the youngest dirty old man to fish these waters"
- Al Goldstein (c.1973)

D-nymph

Post by D-nymph » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:55 pm

steelhyde wrote:Hardest critics are Drake Board critics.

The mag is still good - who the fuck knows which guide is which in PA? And who cares? Even if it is Donny's pet guide.
I do & I do. Tom seems to agree that it does matter. You like hypocrites? :coffee
"The devil's pourin drinks and his daughter needs a ride" - III

VTNZ

Post by VTNZ » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:56 pm

nemo wrote:Hmmm... I'm sensing a theme here. Very Donny Beaver-ey. And I won't argue with that. Without giving too much away, let's just say I'd keep my eyes open for a bit more Donny Beaver coverage in 2013. I think you guys might like this one a little better...

As for the 2-weight piece--that was all my idea, because I couldn't figure out what else to do with that cool photo. Plus it was a drought year here in Colorado, so all we had was the high-country. But honestly, VTNZ, this is definitely the first time in 14 years that I've ever heard a criticism about too MUCH gear coverage in The Drake. I mean really, what do we average, a gear article once every three years? Sorry to bog you down, bro!

As for "getting back to the roots of it all" Do you know that The Drake's six main departments: Scuddlebutt, Tippets, Bugs, City Limits, and Rodholders are the exact same six from the first issue in 1998?

Keep it coming, guys. Can't promise I'll answer everything, but this is good stuff to hear about.

Fair enough man. I guess I'm quite sensitive about slippery slopes of gear/lodge fodder. Wish we could do reviews on the shit that sucks, but that likely won't help your ad revenue. It could make for some interesting insights..."Yea, sure the Sage One is good for trout. But suspended Black Crappie? Well let me tell you..."

Keep up the hard yard guys... :cool
People are assholes because half the people around are of below average intelligence - Shunned

I hope I didn't infer that I was antifingerbanging. Its an art I hold dear. - RT

steelhyde

Post by steelhyde » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:57 pm

D-nymph wrote: You like hypocrites? :coffee
I didn't say that.

I also don't remember seeing any praise about said guide.

I also don't care enough to comment on this any further.

Congrats, you are one of the 15

Tailer

Post by Tailer » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:05 pm

I like to stay out of shit storms like this one, but I figured I'd chime in and let Tom know I still enjoy the mag. It may have evolved in a more mainstream direction, but its still better than the next best thing out there.

We all have our prejudices about what we want to see in a mag and what we don't, but that doesn't mean your doing something wrong. I couldn't pick Donny Beaver out of a lineup that consisted of six midget hookers and a white guy. But I know that the local guide from my area that's been featured in teh Drake is a douche. Guess what, nobody in PA gives a shit about that. Likewise, no one here on my stretch of the coast cares if Donny Beaver's pet guide got his picture in the mag.

I'll still buy the mag, even if you do a full length feature on Donny Beaver's wife's beaver. And I even buy it from Barnes and Noble, because I know you get your jollies from B&N sales.

PS: more saltwater, less trout weenie.
if you break into my car, I'll go knock a granny on the head - 2Fish

RFA

Post by RFA » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:23 pm

My idea for a new "section" of the Drake, written by me:

"Foam Lines: My Life as a Fisherman with Irritable Bowel Syndrome"
As it turns out, God? He was a squirrel. A big 'ol meaty one. "I found god, he used to say"

BigTimber

Post by BigTimber » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:28 pm

RFA wrote:My idea for a new "section" of the Drake, written by me:

"FoamCHUM Lines: My Life as a Fisherman with Irritable Bowel Syndrome"

Fixed
This place has enough jiggly milkbags, marsupials fisting off, and animated cherubs getting stabbed in the fuck to get anyone shitcanned, if''n their boss can''t take a joke. ~SUAF

Pussy, much like freedom, ain't free.

America has become a dildo that has turned berserkly on its owner. ~McGuane 1971