All threads that bitch about new, existing, or old members will be posted/relocated here. Keep this shit off the General forum, because no one wants (or cares) to hear your opinions. Now go back to the other forums and post something worthy of reading.
By Redchaser
Talk to Wandering Blues, he has a way with wieners.
By Wholetmygoatsout
In a casual conversation with my vet he mentioned that in his experience those little wieners are the most unpredictable dogs he's had to treat - normally he can tell when a dog is agitated .but he's been snapped at by wieners more than all other dogs combined.
By yard4sale
Wholetmygoatsout wrote:In a casual conversation with my vet he mentioned that in his experience those little wieners are the most unpredictable dogs he's had to treat - normally he can tell when a dog is agitated .but he's been snapped at by wieners more than all other dogs combined.
Those wieners can be real pricks!
By Heero[CntRmbrPwd]
I think you'll be fine with a standard e collar on those doxies. I know a few guys that run them on the bunnies and they use collers but I can't remember if they are standard or no. The beagle guys I hunt with use standard callers in their dogs (small beagles maybe 20-25lb dogs not the big 35-40lb pet lines).

They have various settings of shock now and I don't think even the highest setting is as powerful as a typical electric fence if you've felt that (I have more times than I care to admit). The lowest settings is barely anything. One of my dogs doesn't and hasn't ever flinched until the setting reaches 4 out of 8 while the other dog responds at lowest.
By Hogleg
I have a multi dog shocker for my two labs and I've tested it on myself at low settings. I think it would be fine for a hamster or a dachshund on low setting.

That said, my big dog takes a 3/10 to behave while the little 90 pounder needs 8/10. The little guy is compact and has a thick neck so it makes sense I guess. Also the big dog is a giant pussy.

This one time though I got the buttons confused and sent a 8/10 shock to the the 3/10 dog and he did an honest to god fucking back flip.

It was sad and funny.

Mostly funny.
By BigTimber
austrotard wrote:much like pissing on your mates.

right.
who wants to meet up in anchorage?
this one time in Austria......
By flashback
Going to an obedience trial this morning with our two wire fox terriers (terrorists?)
Most of the wieners I've had experience with have been wonderful guys, stubborn but very trainable.
We have tried barn hunt with our dogs, nothing doing with a caged rat in a maze that they can't actually kill, they do fine with that at home, so why bother with the formal stuff? It's a lot nicer to have your dog proudly come up to you in the field with a bird in his mouth than to have him come strutting up with a fresh rat. I've never figured out how to say "good dog" for that one.
By Redchaser
[quote="flashback"]Going to an obedience trial this morning with our two wire fox terriers (terrorists?)

Most of the wieners I've had experience with have been wonderful guys, stubborn but very trainable.

We have tried barn hunt with our dogs, nothing doing with a caged rat in a maze that they can't actually kill, they do fine with that at home, so why bother with the formal stuff? It's a lot nicer to have your dog proudly come up to you in the field with a bird in his mouth than to have him come strutting up with a fresh rat. I've never figured out how to say "good dog" for that one.[/quote]

I don't know, this looks pretty freaking fun
By Redchaser
Bigguy wrote:That might work on nutria, Red.
Are Jack Russell's good swimmers?
By Junior©
My boys Otis and Barney would go absolutely ballistic for that ratting. They have to make due with lizards and the occasional cottontail that has the misfortune of having a litter in the backyard.
By Nevs
My dogs would fucking love that shit.

B, our red, the oldest one stole a big fucking field rat from the barn cat at my grandparents farm back this last spring. All of ours are very small, and B only weighs in at a paltry 10 pounds or so. But he steals this big fucking rat, mouth damn near as wide as he can get it. shakes a bit but doesn't really kill it. He is carrying that thing around like the best trophy in the world. That little shit reached around and bit him underneath the chin, yelp, and i am not exagerating when I say he threw that rat 10 feet up in the air, end over end. That bite didn't stop bleeding for 2 hours.

The last chipmunk he caught didn't get quite the same fight in.

Proud: 2 of the 3 will/love fetching shit out to about 30 feet out in water.
Shame: the other one doesn't even know how to swim and just does barrel rolls in the water.

Well done, Deputy Fife. That was fantastic

I’ll take Heero’sspot if it’s op[…]

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

PT’s Retro Caddis Cripple https://live[…]

professional anarchist$. ps. ummm... what chun[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine