shock collars

All threads that bitch about new, existing, or old members will be posted/relocated here. Keep this shit off the General forum, because no one wants (or cares) to hear your opinions. Now go back to the other forums and post something worthy of reading.
Redchaser

Re: shock collars

Post by Redchaser » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:34 am

Talk to Wandering Blues, he has a way with wieners.
"... don’t let your life become the sloppy leftovers of your work" Jim Harrison

"Put in the effort and good things happen"... Hogleg

"Salinity is proportional to sanity for sure" ..The Volfish

Redchaser.com, all about Louisiana Fly Fishing

Wholetmygoatsout

Post by Wholetmygoatsout » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:46 am

In a casual conversation with my vet he mentioned that in his experience those little wieners are the most unpredictable dogs he's had to treat - normally he can tell when a dog is agitated .but he's been snapped at by wieners more than all other dogs combined.
"..I made my living on here drawing dicks for the last 4+ years". RFA

"Sometimes you are the dog, sometimes you are the tree". Mario Gotze

yard4sale

Post by yard4sale » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:10 pm

Wholetmygoatsout wrote:In a casual conversation with my vet he mentioned that in his experience those little wieners are the most unpredictable dogs he's had to treat - normally he can tell when a dog is agitated .but he's been snapped at by wieners more than all other dogs combined.
Those wieners can be real pricks!
You can't go back and you can't stand still
If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will

When your choices are between a pedophile religious zealot or a dem suddenly the pedophile religious zealot doesn't sound too bad. - PLOW

Heero[CntRmbrPwd]

Post by Heero[CntRmbrPwd] » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:55 pm

I think you'll be fine with a standard e collar on those doxies. I know a few guys that run them on the bunnies and they use collers but I can't remember if they are standard or no. The beagle guys I hunt with use standard callers in their dogs (small beagles maybe 20-25lb dogs not the big 35-40lb pet lines).

They have various settings of shock now and I don't think even the highest setting is as powerful as a typical electric fence if you've felt that (I have more times than I care to admit). The lowest settings is barely anything. One of my dogs doesn't and hasn't ever flinched until the setting reaches 4 out of 8 while the other dog responds at lowest.

Hogleg

Post by Hogleg » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:01 pm

I have a multi dog shocker for my two labs and I've tested it on myself at low settings. I think it would be fine for a hamster or a dachshund on low setting.

That said, my big dog takes a 3/10 to behave while the little 90 pounder needs 8/10. The little guy is compact and has a thick neck so it makes sense I guess. Also the big dog is a giant pussy.

This one time though I got the buttons confused and sent a 8/10 shock to the the 3/10 dog and he did an honest to god fucking back flip.

It was sad and funny.

Mostly funny.
"girls with eating disorders will usually let you come in there in butt." -Jhnnythndr
"...my grandmother’s Tang always tasted like rusty water and dirty socks." - Average Joe
"with some limited exceptions steelhead live where the lady selection is sparce." - MTG

BigTimber

Post by BigTimber » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:50 am

austrotard wrote:much like pissing on your mates.

right.
who wants to meet up in anchorage?
this one time in Austria......
This place has enough jiggly milkbags, marsupials fisting off, and animated cherubs getting stabbed in the fuck to get anyone shitcanned, if''n their boss can''t take a joke. ~SUAF

Pussy, much like freedom, ain't free.

America has become a dildo that has turned berserkly on its owner. ~McGuane 1971

flashback

Post by flashback » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:25 am

Going to an obedience trial this morning with our two wire fox terriers (terrorists?)
Most of the wieners I've had experience with have been wonderful guys, stubborn but very trainable.
We have tried barn hunt with our dogs, nothing doing with a caged rat in a maze that they can't actually kill, they do fine with that at home, so why bother with the formal stuff? It's a lot nicer to have your dog proudly come up to you in the field with a bird in his mouth than to have him come strutting up with a fresh rat. I've never figured out how to say "good dog" for that one.

Redchaser

Post by Redchaser » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:59 pm

flashback wrote:Going to an obedience trial this morning with our two wire fox terriers (terrorists?)
Most of the wieners I've had experience with have been wonderful guys, stubborn but very trainable.
We have tried barn hunt with our dogs, nothing doing with a caged rat in a maze that they can't actually kill, they do fine with that at home, so why bother with the formal stuff? It's a lot nicer to have your dog proudly come up to you in the field with a bird in his mouth than to have him come strutting up with a fresh rat. I've never figured out how to say "good dog" for that one.

I don't know, this looks pretty freaking fun

Bigguy

Post by Bigguy » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:31 pm

That might work on nutria, Red.

Redchaser

Post by Redchaser » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:48 pm

Bigguy wrote:That might work on nutria, Red.
Are Jack Russell's good swimmers?

Junior©

Post by Junior© » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:22 pm

My boys Otis and Barney would go absolutely ballistic for that ratting. They have to make due with lizards and the occasional cottontail that has the misfortune of having a litter in the backyard.

Nevs

Post by Nevs » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:52 pm

My dogs would fucking love that shit.

B, our red, the oldest one stole a big fucking field rat from the barn cat at my grandparents farm back this last spring. All of ours are very small, and B only weighs in at a paltry 10 pounds or so. But he steals this big fucking rat, mouth damn near as wide as he can get it. shakes a bit but doesn't really kill it. He is carrying that thing around like the best trophy in the world. That little shit reached around and bit him underneath the chin, yelp, and i am not exagerating when I say he threw that rat 10 feet up in the air, end over end. That bite didn't stop bleeding for 2 hours.

The last chipmunk he caught didn't get quite the same fight in.

Proud: 2 of the 3 will/love fetching shit out to about 30 feet out in water.
Shame: the other one doesn't even know how to swim and just does barrel rolls in the water.