if you had an acre

All threads that bitch about new, existing, or old members will be posted/relocated here. Keep this shit off the General forum, because no one wants (or cares) to hear your opinions. Now go back to the other forums and post something worthy of reading.
CarelessEthiopian

if you had an acre

Post by CarelessEthiopian » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:06 pm

My property is an acre and a half. Some of that is the house and fenced yard. Most of it is sagebrush and native/invasive forbs and grasses, roughly square, and flat as a pancake. I would like to use it, but I'm not sure how. If I rode bikes, I would build a track. If it was on a slope, I would build a ski jump. But I don't and it's not, so I won't.

Hence, I turn to you, which is likely a horrible idea.

It's next to a road and visible to the public so scandalous activities are ruled out. My spawn will be hatching in the spring so kid oriented ideas will be entertained. I've already thought of RV hookups and tent pads for bakes, so I beat you to that one.

You weirdos got any ideas?
boy in long pants

MTgrayling
Location: ...down river from you when steelheading; releasing a whitefish above you when the trout are on...

Re: if you had an acre

Post by MTgrayling » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:13 pm

Bird farm, blue eared pheasants, grey peacock pheasant and maybe a bustard or two.

I'll buy some eggs if I get dibs on skins.
Ryan found his way out; your escape awaits...

Let there be HIGH water!

Yard Sale

Post by Yard Sale » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:22 pm

Pool or pond. Pond would be good for you.

Cannonball!
[quote="locogringo"]I used to wear those Skagit shorts but they were too loose and sometimes would expose my d loop and my perry poke would fall out.[/]

Hogleg

Post by Hogleg » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:28 pm

Yard beat me to it.

Dig a pond and stock it with trout.

Build a zip line over the top of it.

My BIL did that at his place and it's a pretty big hit.

Or you could just haul an old trailer house out there and open up a meth lab.
"girls with eating disorders will usually let you come in there in butt." -Jhnnythndr
"...my grandmother’s Tang always tasted like rusty water and dirty socks." - Average Joe
"with some limited exceptions steelhead live where the lady selection is sparce." - MTG

CarelessEthiopian

Post by CarelessEthiopian » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:42 pm

Not a fucking chance a pool is going out there. It's way too cold here. There'd be about 3 days a year when I'd want to cannonball.

A trailer would provide not only a source of income and dental bills, but also add some ambience.

The idea of a pond has been rolling around in my head for a while, but I'm almost certain there would be some water rights issues. I'm on a well, but still. Knowing the way things are with water around here, I suspect there will be roadblocks. But, then again, I've done zero research into that.

My own pond would be pretty fucking sweet though. I'd put like 6 fish in it and they would all be huge and impossible to catch.
boy in long pants

RFA

Post by RFA » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:45 pm

graveyard
As it turns out, God? He was a squirrel. A big 'ol meaty one. "I found god, he used to say"

fatman

Post by fatman » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:51 pm

train.png
train.png (116.59 KiB) Viewed 1880 times
My drinkin' days are over; I'm still trouble bound - Slaid Cleaves

"This place is so fucked up. Where else could you find a thread with a Debbie Gibson song, a chapter from Fyodor Dostoevsky, and a sweet under boob pic like that on the same page?" - Hogleg

"You may not be smart, but your car gets good gas mileage". - Stovetop

fallen513

Post by fallen513 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:05 pm

weed.

everywhere.
____________________________________________________________________________________
I love flyfishing so much I want it to die. -thalweg

Isn't it TIME?

pbrstreetgang

Post by pbrstreetgang » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:40 pm

- Farmer's Market
- Gun Range
- Combo Farmer's Market/Gun Range
(I like the combo mainly because most farmer markets around where I used to live were choked with hipsters touting ironic fashion and witticisms only they cared to know)

If I had that kind of land, I'd make a small walking garden with a path, a pond, maybe some edibles. A place where anyone in the house can go to get the fuck away from everyone else. Or share a walk. I like having a place to go that is not just mine, but a place to cultivate my mind a bit without the echoes of the day about me.

relates: The more you develop, the more you'll need to take care of down the road.
Everybody knows this is nowhere...

Yard Sale

Post by Yard Sale » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:51 pm

Really? Doesn't the C stand for Carl?

[quote="locogringo"]I used to wear those Skagit shorts but they were too loose and sometimes would expose my d loop and my perry poke would fall out.[/]

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:55 pm

bunker and captive midget hookers.

therefore.. little bunker.
mind your head.
we'll always have buffalo, sweet josh.

-mtice

VTNZ

Post by VTNZ » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:55 pm

A kickass greenhouse to cover all your veggie and greenery needs; milky glass/poly and it's private and warm when you need it.

And a remote control helicopter pad.
People are assholes because half the people around are of below average intelligence - Shunned

I hope I didn't infer that I was antifingerbanging. Its an art I hold dear. - RT