if you had an acre

All threads that bitch about new, existing, or old members will be posted/relocated here. Keep this shit off the General forum, because no one wants (or cares) to hear your opinions. Now go back to the other forums and post something worthy of reading.
Heero[CntRmbrPwd]

Re: if you had an acre

Post by Heero[CntRmbrPwd] » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:58 pm

Do you still use those rangefinders?

I once left a Leica III in a parking area. It was a post war one, though, so the view in the finder was total shit. I mean total shit. If it wasnt bright light, the crap was damn near unpossible to focus.

vaku

Post by vaku » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:49 pm

Heero[CntRmbrPwd] wrote:Do you still use those rangefinders?

I once left a Leica III in a parking area. It was a post war one, though, so the view in the finder was total shit. I mean total shit. If it wasnt bright light, the crap was damn near unpossible to focus.
I used to use some of them when I worked for a newspaper and had unlimited film and processing. I could play and test all day long.. The ones here are mostly for display, although i might suspect some of them would still be in working order. The Rollei's work, they are my favorite, I have 4 of them and will buy most anyone I come across. I have a box of about 200 more of these old cameras, but it has been misplaced. I think my pops got tired of it in his basement and tossed it and is now afraid to tell me when i told him how much it was worth. maybe it will turn up.
"It is only the inexperienced and thoughtless who find pleasure in killing fish for the mere sake of killing them. No sportsman does this." - W.C. Prime, 1888

"if it floats, flys, or fucks, it's bound to be a pain in the ass..." - BigTimber

augustwest

Post by augustwest » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:59 pm

fly-chucker wrote:not 1 but 2 lava lamps
...if you count the one that is a reflection.
"Enjoy every sandwich." -- W. Zevon

flybug.pa.

Post by flybug.pa. » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:10 pm

I like the tepee. if I had an acre I would grow weed. I guess that would be a smoke tepee then.
If you end up with a boring miserable life because you listened to your mom, your dad, your teacher, your priest, or some guy on television telling you how to do your shit, then you deserve it.
- Frank Zappa

Spicytuna

Post by Spicytuna » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:30 pm

When your kids are old enough to where you can slave drive them, you can be like my dad and start a choose and cut Christmas Tree farm. Three boys as labor buy the trees for $.10 and sell them for $15-20. Easy money right before Christmas.
"In truth you can throw dries and swing flies and still be a loser. That would be an elite loser though.
Rare breed." - MTgrayling

"You guys know the Magic Hour???? Yeah it just happened I was there!!!" DK

Average Joe
Location: Where they rip out the trees and name streets after them.

Post by Average Joe » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:42 pm

I received these beautiful photographs from vaku yesterday. My photo of them does not do them justice.

Thank you so much for sending them.
P1310026.JPG
P1310026.JPG (208.87 KiB) Viewed 970 times
P1310025.JPG
P1310025.JPG (201.31 KiB) Viewed 970 times
I'm saving the box these came in as well.

People are beginning to think I got fired and that someone new has taken my office.

D-nymph

Post by D-nymph » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:53 pm

You're setting a dangerous precedent, certainly RAFFA dick drawings will be next. Then what? :cool
"The devil's pourin drinks and his daughter needs a ride" - III

root wad

Post by root wad » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:44 pm

Found a home for a few prized Drakian items in what is finally my new room for fly ties. A work in progress. And I tied a fly today for the first time in about a year. It shows.
Attachments
IMG_3994.jpg
IMG_3994.jpg (210.46 KiB) Viewed 925 times
IMG_3989.jpg
IMG_3989.jpg (186.68 KiB) Viewed 925 times
Life is a whole lot more simple when you plow around the stump.
"When I found the skull in the woods, the first thing I did was call the police. But then I got curious about it. I picked it up, and started wondering who this person was, and why he had deer horns."

wovenstonefly

Post by wovenstonefly » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:55 pm

Damn Root, glad to see you made it back to the vise. One of these days I might actually send your flies... I had temporarily forgot about the art piece, it looks good there.

SLSS

Post by SLSS » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:08 am

I think this would allow the time allotted to be concentrated on drinking while the construction…. inflated.

It's lime the battles between sperm whales and giant squid half a mile below the surface of the ocean. Only it happens in the palm I your hand.- thndr

when I fall, I am still cold and wet, but much more stylishly dressed. as my hat disappears in the riffle- flybug.pa

"Sugar? No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough."

CarelessEthiopian

Post by CarelessEthiopian » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:42 pm

CarelessEthiopian wrote: Is it legal to transport legally harvested waterfowl feathers across state lines? Specifically through an airport?
It took me a fucking month and a half to get my hands on some borax for the wings I brought back. I was starting to think it didn't exist. Persistence paid off.

Bonus: I found a duck louse. Fuckers are huge.
boy in long pants

CarelessEthiopian

Post by CarelessEthiopian » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:44 am

Help me again, please, fellas.

I have finally caught up to most 8 year old girls and gotten a smart phone (it's of the i variety). I'm app shopping and I have no idea what's out there. I bet you guys have some cool ones. Will you enlighten me?

Pertinent genres are fishing (usually avec flies), skiing on snow both downhill and XC, floating rivers, learning tides eventually, taking pictures, boobs, weather, my dog, being a daddy, quitting smoking (been almost 3 weeks!), driving in my car, butts, and other stuff I will think of later.

Any suggestions?

As always, thank you.
boy in long pants