if you had an acre

All threads that bitch about new, existing, or old members will be posted/relocated here. Keep this shit off the General forum, because no one wants (or cares) to hear your opinions. Now go back to the other forums and post something worthy of reading.
D-nymph

Re: if you had an acre

Post by D-nymph » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:49 am

accuweather
"The devil's pourin drinks and his daughter needs a ride" - III

pbrstreetgang

Post by pbrstreetgang » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:52 am

nice work on the smoking quitting. I was off/on last year (only when I fished).
I don't know of cool apps. Mainly because I am not cool. I do own a smartphone, so I guess that makes the phone somewhat stranded in a sea of uncoolness (me). The only app I have added is "MeetMobile" so I can see how one of my sons performs at swim meets when I am away on business. Oh, and I added our zip code in the weather app.
I was thinking of adding a photo app, but haven't.

I find apps too distracting/intrusive. Some require location identification (4square and other "where's waldo" apps) which I don't give out freely.

so, there's that (me = no help)
Everybody knows this is nowhere...

SLSS

Post by SLSS » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:07 am

The only one I use with any regularity is instagram. I wish I could call and take/post pics with the thing, and not pay for the rest. Dammit.

Good on you for dropping the cigs with the little one coming. Cheers Poppa.
It's lime the battles between sperm whales and giant squid half a mile below the surface of the ocean. Only it happens in the palm I your hand.- thndr

when I fall, I am still cold and wet, but much more stylishly dressed. as my hat disappears in the riffle- flybug.pa

"Sugar? No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough."

Heero[CntRmbrPwd]

Post by Heero[CntRmbrPwd] » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:37 am

The apps I use are Photobucket so I can easily share my pictures with you guys; the flashlight app which makes my phone a flashlight because thats handy; the ruler app to help me measure things improperly since it doesnt seem to scale well to my phone screen; the Pandora app because how can I cry if there isnt sad music setting the mood; and the Instagram app to keep tabs on my little sister's two cute rugrats who I only get to see once per year on account of living halfway across the continent.

The greatest two reasons to have a Smart phone are for having a convenient camera and for having gps/map abilities.

CarelessEthiopian

Post by CarelessEthiopian » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:56 am

Yeah, the maps/gps is why I finally broke down. It's just too convenient.

Just did photobucket and accuweather. Thanks. I did not get the swim meet app. Maybe later. My speedo is in the shop.

Instagram is intriguing. There's a bunch of folks that are active there that don't mess with the Facepage too much. But I think I fucked up already because I used my real name instead of making up a cool one. I can't use CarelessEthiopian because my non Drake friends will think I'm weird.

I also got a traffic/highway app and a stream flow one which seems to suck.
boy in long pants

Heero[CntRmbrPwd]

Post by Heero[CntRmbrPwd] » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:59 am

Dont underestimate the flashlight app. That thing has really come through in a pinch for me.

CarelessEthiopian

Post by CarelessEthiopian » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:02 am

Done.

There's like a million of 'em.
boy in long pants

CarelessEthiopian

Post by CarelessEthiopian » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:10 am

My wife just showed me that the phone had a built-in flashlight already. You suck, Heero. Thanks for nuthin.
boy in long pants

Heero[CntRmbrPwd]

Post by Heero[CntRmbrPwd] » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:10 am

Dang.

Adams

Post by Adams » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:12 am

CE - grab Mint, if you want to see where your money is going.
River Data for flows.
If you need a reason to drink, you have a problem. . .

"I just think it's funny that the one constant in this place over the past five years is that it was a cool place right up until the next person joined." nemo

When life gives you limes, it's Gods way of telling you that you're an idiot. spudnik

Woolybug25

Post by Woolybug25 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:13 am

I have instragram.

I do...

The streamflow app is an absolute must.

and Big Game Hunter 2014...
"All mountain hippies are as young as they day they were born, smarter than Einstein, better looking than Tom Selleck and could outfish an army of pinners." - foureyedgeek

www.hiptothesip.blogspot.com

Lando

Post by Lando » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:21 am

Mint, Pandora, Sports Center, and Backup Assistant (you'll love this if you ever lose your phone or it shits the bed).
If my tombstone reads, "He never ate sushi." it won't be a lie, and I'll be OK with that.

~Average Joe