if you had an acre

All threads that bitch about new, existing, or old members will be posted/relocated here. Keep this shit off the General forum, because no one wants (or cares) to hear your opinions. Now go back to the other forums and post something worthy of reading.
foureyedgeek

Re: if you had an acre

Post by foureyedgeek » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:32 pm

River Data for flows
Weather Bug for weather, duh
Spotify for tunes
Terrain Navigator Pro (free) for GPS/Aerial/Streets/Topo
some people like Rocky Mountain Oysters... the rest wonder why they are eating balls. - Woolybug

#SavetheDace20XX

pbrstreetgang

Post by pbrstreetgang » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:46 pm

Lando wrote:Backup Assistant (you'll love this if you ever lose your phone or it shits the bed).
fuck yes. I forgot that one, and it totally saved my ass after swim lessons in Elk Creek
Everybody knows this is nowhere...

Upsetter

Post by Upsetter » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:01 pm

My head is spinning. Fuckers made me use capital letters or some shit in my password, none of my normal passwords work, so I cant even log in to my apple id or whatthefuckever its sposed to be. I have no apps. :coffee

jhnnythndr

Post by jhnnythndr » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:28 pm

Navionics if you spend time on the ocean.

Windfinder passage weather and weather underground if you need / want weather. I had a good stream flows one- but it's gone. Or in my Mac still I guess. It worked well.

Zombie gunship. Hungry sharks.

Plenty of good ski / snow apps as well.

Splice for making movies.

Pandora and spotify for tunes.

Photoshop.

I don't have any keep in touch apps- as I feel lime keeping in touch is sort of playing to the phones strong suit already...

Haven't even tried a topo map / GPS app yet- but as wel as navionics performs at sea I would expect good results. Make sure your maps are ONBOARD not steaming or whatever. Or you will not have them when you need them- even though your GPS works without signal.
"Whenever I find myself growing green about the mouth; whenever it is a damp drizzly November in my soul; and especially whenever it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from methodically knocking peoples hats off -- then, I account it high time to get to sea."

jhnnythndr

Post by jhnnythndr » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:32 pm

Guitartuna is a dam good tuner.
"Whenever I find myself growing green about the mouth; whenever it is a damp drizzly November in my soul; and especially whenever it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from methodically knocking peoples hats off -- then, I account it high time to get to sea."

CarelessEthiopian

Post by CarelessEthiopian » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:32 pm

My head is spinning. Fuckers made me use capital letters or some shit in my password, none of my normal passwords work, so I cant even log in to my apple id or whatthefuckever its sposed to be. I have no apps.

Yeah. That was me last night. Wife got a new phone, I got her old one. When we were at the store we didn't know her apple password so we had to do all of the transfer shit on our own. We discovered she had 2 apple IDs and her shit was split between them. Major fucking headache. We got it all sorted though. You can do it too with some perseverance. Google was a big help. All of my music didn't make it over but I'm working on that.

Thanks for the tips. Good stuff so far.
boy in long pants

Spudnik

Post by Spudnik » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:43 pm

ESPN Streak for the Cash - free app, helps to satisfy the gambling addiction. All you gotta do is make bets and put together a winning streak for a chance at $20K+ ... Doesn't cost any money to make the bets, and they're all "either-or" type bets. Really fun, actually.

Also, theChive app is a necessity. Snapchat is fun, too.
"Do you think it is real? I bet it is hard and soft, like hard muscle but really smooth skin. I bet it is real nice." - midstream

Randall Dee

Post by Randall Dee » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:50 pm

"Map My Run" would be nice for when you do the cross country skiing. It will show you your route and how many miles you covered.

Also, I've been trying to get better at saying fuck you to GMO foods. The "Buycot" app is pretty cool for that. You can scan the bar codes before you buy something and get a bunch of info on it based on how you set up the app. Helps me to vote with my wonga.

Pancho Rancho

Post by Pancho Rancho » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:01 pm

Randall Dee wrote:"Map My Run" would be nice for when you do the cross country skiing. It will show you your route and how many miles you covered.

Also, I've been trying to get better at saying fuck you to GMO foods. The "Buycot" app is pretty cool for that. You can scan the bar codes before you buy something and get a bunch of info on it based on how you set up the app. Helps me to vote with my wonga.
Thanks for that (buycot).
Fuck 'em and feed 'em fish

Oh, and nice fishes. Randall Dee

Ruddy Duck

Post by Ruddy Duck » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:14 pm

A buddy uses Navionics like thunder. Looks like a good app.

I use Trimble Outdoors navigator and like it. I can store maps on my phone and access them when I don't have a signal.

Navionics lets you view charts I believe.

Trimble lets you view aerial photos. They may also have a topo product.

Hogleg

Post by Hogleg » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:24 pm

Zite.

PM or text for more details but just download it and start using it- very intuitive. Pretty sure it's free.

You can thank and pay me later for this advice.

Congrats on kicking the Nic habit.

Quitter.

Siri is very useful as well. I always forget about her but, when used right, she can be your friend- especially when driving.

"Siri, direct me to the nearest head shop you fucking cunt."
"girls with eating disorders will usually let you come in there in butt." -Jhnnythndr
"...my grandmother’s Tang always tasted like rusty water and dirty socks." - Average Joe
"with some limited exceptions steelhead live where the lady selection is sparce." - MTG

SLSS

Post by SLSS » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:20 pm

Upsetter wrote:My head is spinning. Fuckers made me use capital letters or some shit in my password, none of my normal passwords work, so I cant even log in to my apple id or whatthefuckever its sposed to be. I have no apps. :coffee
Yer kind of a young feller to be operating in my world. :coffee
It's lime the battles between sperm whales and giant squid half a mile below the surface of the ocean. Only it happens in the palm I your hand.- thndr

when I fall, I am still cold and wet, but much more stylishly dressed. as my hat disappears in the riffle- flybug.pa

"Sugar? No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough."