if you had an acre

All threads that bitch about new, existing, or old members will be posted/relocated here. Keep this shit off the General forum, because no one wants (or cares) to hear your opinions. Now go back to the other forums and post something worthy of reading.
blumpkin

Re: if you had an acre

Post by blumpkin » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:53 am

Woolybug25 wrote:Big Game Hunter 2014...
Prided myself on the fact I have not played video games in about 30 years.

This winter I broke down.

I am finishing up S. Africa.
"Dunno how this’ll go, I’ve been drinking since 2”
Travis.

flybug.pa.

Post by flybug.pa. » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:31 am

i suck at video games. my son is embarrassed .
If you end up with a boring miserable life because you listened to your mom, your dad, your teacher, your priest, or some guy on television telling you how to do your shit, then you deserve it.
- Frank Zappa

Heero[CntRmbrPwd]

Post by Heero[CntRmbrPwd] » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:40 am

Guys, I play video games from time-to-time. The two games I am playing currently are called Europa Universalis IV and Rome 2 Total War. These are historical simulation games full of tedious micromanagement and challenge (though more so with the EU game). Another great one is called Hearts of Iron 3 which is a World War 2 simulator. The levels of tedium and micromanagement in HoI is crazy, everything from individual division brigade makeups to army command structure to economic production level, diplomacy, espionage and everything in between. These shouldnt be confused with those 'strategy' games such as Starcraft or Command and Conquer though its fine if thats your thing.

Should this have gone under the confessional topic?

Randall Dee

Post by Randall Dee » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:49 am

I like to watch Jeopardy.

Lurgee

Post by Lurgee » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:57 am

There are good knot tying apps.
"Fried Chicken for President!" Trucha del Mar

"Sweet Jesus... untold hundreds of linear miles of pristine trout water within pissing distance, and you cocksuckers went fishing for carp?
What's next? A Wang Chung show? Ajax

Redchaser

Post by Redchaser » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:18 pm

jhnnythndr wrote:Navionics if you spend time on the ocean.

Windfinder passage weather and weather underground if you need / want weather. I had a good stream flows one- but it's gone. Or in my Mac still I guess. It worked well.

Zombie gunship. Hungry sharks.

Plenty of good ski / snow apps as well.

Splice for making movies.

Pandora and spotify for tunes.

Photoshop.

I don't have any keep in touch apps- as I feel lime keeping in touch is sort of playing to the phones strong suit already...

Haven't even tried a topo map / GPS app yet- but as wel as navionics performs at sea I would expect good results. Make sure your maps are ONBOARD not steaming or whatever. Or you will not have them when you need them- even though your GPS works without signal.
Thunder,

Trimble outdoors is an awesome GPS app. It does stream maps, however if you know where you are going ahead of time you can "cache" the maps for a pretty damn large area ahead of time. You can cache topo, street maps or Satellite images, It has an associated website that has pretty awesome tools with a subscription fee. I can go into the web site, plot and draw maps and trails and my phone will upload them when I open the app. I Cache the Satellite image of the area I'm headed to and it's the nuts for navigating the marsh, even once I'm out of cell range. The only downside is it runs through the battery of my iphone very fast. I've got a backup charger that gives me plenty of extra time though, I could probably also put a 12v outlet on my boat to be able to hook up with my car charger. The only reason I'm considering getting a tablet is to be able to use this app on a bigger screen.
"... don’t let your life become the sloppy leftovers of your work" Jim Harrison

"Put in the effort and good things happen"... Hogleg

"Salinity is proportional to sanity for sure" ..The Volfish

Redchaser.com, all about Louisiana Fly Fishing

Upsetter

Post by Upsetter » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:05 pm

SLSS wrote:Yer kind of a young feller to be operating in my world.
I have an old crotchety bastard of a soul Rick. I am excited to be fishing for the first time this year tomorrow though. Gonna be sunny and nice for a change. We had fricken field runoff floods yesterday. Nothing like an inch of rain over a foot of snow to get things moving.

vaku

Post by vaku » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:37 pm

I love hi-def radar and sun seeker. I use both on outdoor shoots, hi-def to map the rain, and it is accurate to a few feet and sun seeker shows me when and where the sun will go. It use the camera so I can see when it will clear the trees or go behind the trees or buildings.

text from last night will make you cry for our youth but laugh at them just as much

I use 'the score' to track sports scores when i need to

kayak pro for travel shit

i love a few games, flight control, drop 7, mx mayhem, just enough to keep me busy if i have to wait

fandango for movies locations and times
"It is only the inexperienced and thoughtless who find pleasure in killing fish for the mere sake of killing them. No sportsman does this." - W.C. Prime, 1888

"if it floats, flys, or fucks, it's bound to be a pain in the ass..." - BigTimber

Bruiser

Post by Bruiser » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:01 pm

Google translate is great for insulting your friends in a wide variety of foreign languages. Highly recommended.
That sounds awesome in my ears!! (P-A)

we were basking in goodness here with our everyday drivel that we enjoy.... the rest of this is horseshit, flybug.pa.

B.M. Barrelcooker

Post by B.M. Barrelcooker » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:31 pm

[report]Got a little section of yard that's a pain to mow and is just a place for the dogs to poop.

Traded an old boat to the local landscaper ...........
......archery range in progress.

Tree lined and everything!!

Image[/report]
"worst that can happen is a big fat zero and a fine walk out of doors"---Chadroc

B.M. Barrelcooker

Post by B.M. Barrelcooker » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:30 pm

[report]Office at work.

And the office at home where most of the work gets done.

Image[/report]
"worst that can happen is a big fat zero and a fine walk out of doors"---Chadroc

B.M. Barrelcooker

Post by B.M. Barrelcooker » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:53 pm

[report]It works for getting them outside !!!

Hurray!!

Image[/report]