All threads that bitch about new, existing, or old members will be posted/relocated here. Keep this shit off the General forum, because no one wants (or cares) to hear your opinions. Now go back to the other forums and post something worthy of reading.
By SLSS
Heero[CntRmbrPwd] wrote:
G_Smolt wrote:Running line twist is a bitch, but there is a better solution than 2 more connections and a swivel. Kinda fruity...
Its called the single spey.
I've heard some folks postulate that a single ads a 1/2 twist every time it's thrown.
SLSS wrote:
Heero[CntRmbrPwd] wrote:
G_Smolt wrote:Running line twist is a bitch, but there is a better solution than 2 more connections and a swivel. Kinda fruity...
Its called the single spey.
I've heard some folks postulate that a single ads a 1/2 twist every time it's thrown.
Half a twist is better than a full twist!
MTgrayling wrote:
Heero[CntRmbrPwd] wrote:What is this crap?

http://www.rioproducts.com/fly-fishing- ... ey-swivel/

Please advise.
Ideal for swinging mepps!

Found on eBay ...

... At first I think WTF? Then, well maybe it could be good for deep salty stuff and is probably AR. Then I think WTF??
Heero uses that to burn buzz baits on his 10wt 1 piece Sintrix infused Hardy.
Last edited by blumpkin on Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heero got annoyed once, when I posted 347 consecutive pics of Vegas Hookers.

He just hated the scrolling aspect of it.

But come on... Heero bleeds House music from Hardy.

Yet Hardy's ultimate technological advancement to the sport,
Is trademarked "SinTrix".

The hypocracy is palpable.
I only have Hardy stuff because I got Pro Deals with them for a while. Those days are over, unfortunately, and now all that I am left with is a bunch of regret.

I guess Im not really left with regret. It is pretty nice stuff.

Also, I would never fish that real with buzzbaits or any other bass baits. I only fish a Shimano Bantam Curado baitcasting real, an original green one not one of the new green ones. They changed the color from green to black and silver a while back then they changed it back to green. Really, they never should have changed it to begin with. Not to mention changing the mechanics and everything. Shoulda just left it as was, that old Bantam Curado is the greatest bassin' reel of all time.
Actually, I do feel regret. Regret that I never pro dealed a Hardy spinning rod. I dont know why I never did, but I really should have. Im not so picky about spinning rods or reels as I am when it comes to my Bantam Curado (the original Greens are the greatest bassin' reel of all time). I have a bunch of spinning reels, actually, along with a bunch of broken rods from car doors, windows, and one from an epic hookset. When I break a spinning rod I have typically just gone to BPS and bought one of their $40 Quatum combos thus I have a bunch of unused reels and broken rods as I mustve broke 4-5 over the years. I dont bass fish all that frequently any longer. Ever since my buddy Ryan went off the deep end Ive no one wanting to go out bass fishing so I generally just go fly fishing as I prefer that. Not to say bass fishin' isnt fun because it certainly is.

So there is my life story.

Also: Did I tell you guys the original Shimano Bantam Curado (original green) is the greatest bass reel of all time?
There was a process you could do with the old Lew's Reels
You would hook them up to a high speed drill and smooth out the bearings.

Guess it made them silky smooth.

Definitely a reel that has stood the test of time.
Still see them getting used today.

I always ended up with Abu Garcia

I had huge bass master aspirations back in the day.

I will shoot you a PM G.

Herro just start an "all things chicken threa[…]

These clothings are no different than today’[…]

Other people's flys — 2.0 / Covid edition […]

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Caddis Emerger https://live.staticflickr.com[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine