All threads that bitch about new, existing, or old members will be posted/relocated here. Keep this shit off the General forum, because no one wants (or cares) to hear your opinions. Now go back to the other forums and post something worthy of reading.
By SLSS
My mother frequently boiled beef tongue when we weren't paying attention (were outside for the day, away from the smell). It tastes just fine- good actually- but it's disconcerting to catch sight of taste buds on the "roast beef" in your sandwich, especially if it's been spotted and pointed out by your buddies at lunch.
By austrotard
Heero[CntRmbrPwd] wrote:
My most recent discovery is called camembert and is a cheese from Normandy, France.

the peasantry will rise again.

wesleydale avec cranberry
By FormerlyChaseChrome
Average Joe wrote:The best cheese of all is made with pork by-products.
headcheese.jpg
Dude...stop talking dirty to me...
In the old country it is grey in colour and the aspic is fresh because the head cheese is made with vinegar.

Top drawer man...
WTF is the matter with you PBs?...and AJ??? not a fan of blood sausage...boors
By johnbmadwis
Average Joe wrote:
pbrstreetgang wrote::vomit
this was the one thing that made eating at my Grandparents' house a challenge. It was always on the table.
Same here. I grew up with it, along with plenty of other disgusting food items brought over from the old country. Coagulated pig blood stuffed into pig intestine (i.e., blood sausage) was another special treat I really don't miss all that much.

My peasant eastern european heritage gave me pickled pigs feet and duck blood soup every few years. Just gross. My dad ate smoked chubs, which I think is a Wisco thing. Tried them much later in life. Meh, just oily and smokey.
By Average Joe
My old man still raises and slaughters his own animals, and he still enjoys eating all the nasty bits. In addition to feasting on the heart, liver, kidney, and tongue, he's a big fan of sweetbreads (pancreas), tripe (stomach lining), and fried brains with eggs. I've never acquired a taste for any of it.
By pbrstreetgang
Average Joe wrote:
pbrstreetgang wrote::vomit
this was the one thing that made eating at my Grandparents' house a challenge. It was always on the table.
Same here. I grew up with it, along with plenty of other disgusting food items brought over from the old country. Coagulated pig blood stuffed into pig intestine (i.e., blood sausage) was another special treat I really don't miss all that much.
czarnina is a challenge once you know what it is. Kinda like SLSS' tongue snadwich
By B.M. Barrelcooker
Camembert comes wrapped in the thinnest skin of poplar . Groves of poplar are grown and harvested in 7 and 14 year cycles all over Normandy with the sole purpose of making cheese containers.

A good dordogne red with apples nuts and Camembert is nothing short of heavenly.

Y'all get red to send you some boudain. It's the best weirdest food you'll ever eat
By T.J. Brayshaw
Average Joe wrote:fried brains with eggs.
Any chance he's from Indiana or near by? I thought only we Hoosiers ate that.
By B.M. Barrelcooker
No ...we eat that here too. or at least some folks do. a funny phenomenon is squirrel brains...what the heck? It can't be enough for a meal. but the souse....hogs head cheese is a big deal too. And Coon and carp and lots of other stuff. Good thing we make good whiskey to warsh it down.
By Hogleg
Many of these "delicacies" were born out of starvation by creative folk experiencing abject poverty no?

Hunger is the best sauce...
By Lurgee
Pimento.

With jalapeno's.

On a hot dog.
Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Extended Body Paradrake https://live.staticf[…]

Honourable Plat set

https://juega-loteria.blogspot.com/2020/02/cuantas[…]

That'd be me AND Ironman. he made sure to rub his[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine