Cheese topic.

All threads that bitch about new, existing, or old members will be posted/relocated here. Keep this shit off the General forum, because no one wants (or cares) to hear your opinions. Now go back to the other forums and post something worthy of reading.
SLSS

Re: Cheese topic.

Post by SLSS » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:38 pm

My mother frequently boiled beef tongue when we weren't paying attention (were outside for the day, away from the smell). It tastes just fine- good actually- but it's disconcerting to catch sight of taste buds on the "roast beef" in your sandwich, especially if it's been spotted and pointed out by your buddies at lunch.
It's lime the battles between sperm whales and giant squid half a mile below the surface of the ocean. Only it happens in the palm I your hand.- thndr

when I fall, I am still cold and wet, but much more stylishly dressed. as my hat disappears in the riffle- flybug.pa

"Sugar? No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough."

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:25 pm

Heero[CntRmbrPwd] wrote:
My most recent discovery is called camembert and is a cheese from Normandy, France.

the peasantry will rise again.

wesleydale avec cranberry
we'll always have buffalo, sweet josh.

-mtice

FormerlyChaseChrome

Post by FormerlyChaseChrome » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:34 pm

Average Joe wrote:The best cheese of all is made with pork by-products.
headcheese.jpg
Dude...stop talking dirty to me...
In the old country it is grey in colour and the aspic is fresh because the head cheese is made with vinegar.

Top drawer man...
WTF is the matter with you PBs?...and AJ??? not a fan of blood sausage...boors

johnbmadwis

Post by johnbmadwis » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:37 pm

Average Joe wrote:
pbrstreetgang wrote::vomit
this was the one thing that made eating at my Grandparents' house a challenge. It was always on the table.
Same here. I grew up with it, along with plenty of other disgusting food items brought over from the old country. Coagulated pig blood stuffed into pig intestine (i.e., blood sausage) was another special treat I really don't miss all that much.

My peasant eastern european heritage gave me pickled pigs feet and duck blood soup every few years. Just gross. My dad ate smoked chubs, which I think is a Wisco thing. Tried them much later in life. Meh, just oily and smokey.

Average Joe
Location: Where they rip out the trees and name streets after them.

Post by Average Joe » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:50 pm

My old man still raises and slaughters his own animals, and he still enjoys eating all the nasty bits. In addition to feasting on the heart, liver, kidney, and tongue, he's a big fan of sweetbreads (pancreas), tripe (stomach lining), and fried brains with eggs. I've never acquired a taste for any of it.

Heero[CntRmbrPwd]

Post by Heero[CntRmbrPwd] » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:02 pm

Blood sausages are best ever.

pbrstreetgang

Post by pbrstreetgang » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:38 pm

Average Joe wrote:
pbrstreetgang wrote::vomit
this was the one thing that made eating at my Grandparents' house a challenge. It was always on the table.
Same here. I grew up with it, along with plenty of other disgusting food items brought over from the old country. Coagulated pig blood stuffed into pig intestine (i.e., blood sausage) was another special treat I really don't miss all that much.
czarnina is a challenge once you know what it is. Kinda like SLSS' tongue snadwich
Everybody knows this is nowhere...

B.M. Barrelcooker

Post by B.M. Barrelcooker » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:26 pm

Camembert comes wrapped in the thinnest skin of poplar . Groves of poplar are grown and harvested in 7 and 14 year cycles all over Normandy with the sole purpose of making cheese containers.

A good dordogne red with apples nuts and Camembert is nothing short of heavenly.

Y'all get red to send you some boudain. It's the best weirdest food you'll ever eat
"worst that can happen is a big fat zero and a fine walk out of doors"---Chadroc

T.J. Brayshaw

Post by T.J. Brayshaw » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:06 pm

Average Joe wrote:fried brains with eggs.
Any chance he's from Indiana or near by? I thought only we Hoosiers ate that.

B.M. Barrelcooker

Post by B.M. Barrelcooker » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:26 pm

No ...we eat that here too. or at least some folks do. a funny phenomenon is squirrel brains...what the heck? It can't be enough for a meal. but the souse....hogs head cheese is a big deal too. And Coon and carp and lots of other stuff. Good thing we make good whiskey to warsh it down.
"worst that can happen is a big fat zero and a fine walk out of doors"---Chadroc

Hogleg

Post by Hogleg » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:45 pm

Many of these "delicacies" were born out of starvation by creative folk experiencing abject poverty no?

Hunger is the best sauce...
"girls with eating disorders will usually let you come in there in butt." -Jhnnythndr
"...my grandmother’s Tang always tasted like rusty water and dirty socks." - Average Joe
"with some limited exceptions steelhead live where the lady selection is sparce." - MTG

Lurgee

Post by Lurgee » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:18 pm

Pimento.

With jalapeno's.

On a hot dog.
"Fried Chicken for President!" Trucha del Mar

"Sweet Jesus... untold hundreds of linear miles of pristine trout water within pissing distance, and you cocksuckers went fishing for carp?
What's next? A Wang Chung show? Ajax