Do any of you guys know about Boykin Spaniels?

All threads that bitch about new, existing, or old members will be posted/relocated here. Keep this shit off the General forum, because no one wants (or cares) to hear your opinions. Now go back to the other forums and post something worthy of reading.
D-nymph

Re: Do any of you guys know about Boykin Spaniels?

Post by D-nymph » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:29 pm

You see guys, see Thndr's list of dog names, they are all good, not quite Josh or Mike, but really good. You know why? Because 99% of them are two syllables or less. Two syllables is the maximum.
"The devil's pourin drinks and his daughter needs a ride" - III

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:31 pm

flybug.pa. wrote:Boykins shed. and they stay closed.
whereas bamboo socks do not.
seriously... it's like fucking a llama. a llama that automatically knows its way into the washing machine.

no witness.
no crime.

$4.
we'll always have buffalo, sweet josh.

-mtice

jhnnythndr

Post by jhnnythndr » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:41 pm

But there's more to it than that. Levon and beano are great but don't work. You can name a dog Reagan or Clinton or carter or Cheney or rummy but you can't name it

Revenge or Saigon or Hanoi or rapist or gunt or dildo though they all have a decent ring.

Dugan is a hell of name for a dog. Right up there with bodie.
The sad fact is that I never use the best names because you never know if a puppy is going to work out- and why waste a great name on someone else's pet.
"Whenever I find myself growing green about the mouth; whenever it is a damp drizzly November in my soul; and especially whenever it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from methodically knocking peoples hats off -- then, I account it high time to get to sea."

Heero[CntRmbrPwd]

Post by Heero[CntRmbrPwd] » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:57 pm

Ive already decided on Pete, even for a bitch.

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:42 pm

gay.
we'll always have buffalo, sweet josh.

-mtice

Mad_Mike

Post by Mad_Mike » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:34 am

I know i'm really late to this.... BUT...

I own a boykin'...

Wide ass open all the time.. (mine is 7, you would never know that.. fucker never slows down)

Sheds like a sommabitch... but if you're a halfway clean individual who vaccums/sweeps once a week you'll not care...

On the upside... Smart as hell.. will work for you till they die.. and probly the best natured dog i've ever owned..

As much as I want to kill him sometimes... damn it all if I don't love the bastard...

PM me if you want more that this..
Mad Mike
Somebody just back of you while you are fishing is as bad as someone looking over your shoulder while you write a letter to your girl. - Hemingway

Leonardo DiCaprio wins at life! - Row vs. Wade

flybug.pa.

Post by flybug.pa. » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:53 pm

Mike , hero wasn't even interested. I had one. one of the best bird dogs I have had ( #4) . Damn good breed, southern style.
he needs a monkey or a chimp to tie shrimp flies for him.
If you end up with a boring miserable life because you listened to your mom, your dad, your teacher, your priest, or some guy on television telling you how to do your shit, then you deserve it.
- Frank Zappa

jhnnythndr

Post by jhnnythndr » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:21 am

Was this the monkey thread? I had a pretty legit monkey in Afghanistan. I e always thought it was fucked up to chase birds around and scare them enough to fly his rto shoot them and tease that dog.
"Whenever I find myself growing green about the mouth; whenever it is a damp drizzly November in my soul; and especially whenever it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from methodically knocking peoples hats off -- then, I account it high time to get to sea."

fallen513

Post by fallen513 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:34 am

can't own boykins in the county I live in.
____________________________________________________________________________________
I love flyfishing so much I want it to die. -thalweg

Isn't it TIME?

flybug.pa.

Post by flybug.pa. » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:02 am

jhnnythndr wrote:Was this the monkey thread? I had a pretty legit monkey in Afghanistan. I e always thought it was fucked up to chase birds around and scare them enough to fly his rto shoot them and tease that dog.
one of my dads buddys in the 60's has one of these squirrel monkey you used to buy out of the back of the good old Outdoor Life and Field and Stream, before the Fed banned them. we were over a lot, the men would drink beer and get the squirrel drunk till he went to sleep. One remarkable time, we were over at their kids birthday parties, everyone was all dressup like the used to be in those days, the monk got wasted ate bad food and was shitting all over , he would throw his shit when he got a load on. I remember it some landing on a woman in a white dress and her screaming. funny how I remember that stuff.
If you end up with a boring miserable life because you listened to your mom, your dad, your teacher, your priest, or some guy on television telling you how to do your shit, then you deserve it.
- Frank Zappa

fatman

Post by fatman » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:46 am

flybug.pa. wrote:one of my dads buddys in the 60's has one of these squirrel monkey you used to buy out of the back of the good old Outdoor Life and Field and Stream, before the Fed banned them.
the good ol' days. probably couldn't find an ad for a Boykin.
My drinkin' days are over; I'm still trouble bound - Slaid Cleaves

"This place is so fucked up. Where else could you find a thread with a Debbie Gibson song, a chapter from Fyodor Dostoevsky, and a sweet under boob pic like that on the same page?" - Hogleg

"You may not be smart, but your car gets good gas mileage". - Stovetop

Heero[CntRmbrPwd]

Post by Heero[CntRmbrPwd] » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:56 am

Guys, why are we reviving this thread? Ive already decided upon an Irish Water Spaniel whom I will name Pete. Im thinking a pup from a spring litter, hopefully.

Ill be certain to take a picture of Pete once he arrives for you all to see.