Do any of you guys know about Boykin Spaniels?

All threads that bitch about new, existing, or old members will be posted/relocated here. Keep this shit off the General forum, because no one wants (or cares) to hear your opinions. Now go back to the other forums and post something worthy of reading.
Heero[CntRmbrPwd]

Re: Do any of you guys know about Boykin Spaniels?

Post by Heero[CntRmbrPwd] » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:28 am

Josh is the Communist version of Rocco, I think. Its like how Pepe = Joseph, or something, only Commie as opposed to WOP-y. Or something.

Hogleg

Post by Hogleg » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:39 pm

Rocco looks very eager to please, or tear some shit up if he doesn't get exercise. Perhaps both.

Congrats on yer new pal.
"girls with eating disorders will usually let you come in there in butt." -Jhnnythndr
"...my grandmother’s Tang always tasted like rusty water and dirty socks." - Average Joe
"with some limited exceptions steelhead live where the lady selection is sparce." - MTG

Heero[CntRmbrPwd]

Post by Heero[CntRmbrPwd] » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:01 pm

Thanks. I hope to have him out chasing game within a fortnight of arrival.

flybug.pa.

Post by flybug.pa. » Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:20 pm

I HAVE YOUR CHICKEN
Attachments
VC_Sand_Falcon.jpg
VC_Sand_Falcon.jpg (222.84 KiB) Viewed 902 times
If you end up with a boring miserable life because you listened to your mom, your dad, your teacher, your priest, or some guy on television telling you how to do your shit, then you deserve it.
- Frank Zappa

Heero[CntRmbrPwd]

Post by Heero[CntRmbrPwd] » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:53 am

As if.

flybug.pa.

Post by flybug.pa. » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:26 am

very cool bird. i enjoy watching the hawks nest near the same tree near our house.
If you end up with a boring miserable life because you listened to your mom, your dad, your teacher, your priest, or some guy on television telling you how to do your shit, then you deserve it.
- Frank Zappa

Heero[CntRmbrPwd]

Post by Heero[CntRmbrPwd] » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:57 am

Look at this mutt pointing yard squirrels back in my yard. He looks good.

Hes a real good dog. Eager to please. Good instinct, plenty of drive. Already housebroken, e-collar conditioned, crate trained, doesnt destroy stuff --- its meant to be.

jhnnythndr

Post by jhnnythndr » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:28 am

he's pretty well put together. is he whoa'd? did he come with any experience with birds? you need to trap some pigeons
"Whenever I find myself growing green about the mouth; whenever it is a damp drizzly November in my soul; and especially whenever it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from methodically knocking peoples hats off -- then, I account it high time to get to sea."

Heero[CntRmbrPwd]

Post by Heero[CntRmbrPwd] » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:42 am

He is not whoa'd. We are working on that. Ive access to unlimited pigeons and quail, too. He has zero hunting experience at all.

pbrstreetgang

Post by pbrstreetgang » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:49 am

that is actually a cool looking dog. You named him "Skagit," right? Seems fitting for him.

So, how old is Skagit? Does Skagit have a favorite dog food yet? Does Skagit get along with your other dog, "Indicator?"
Everybody knows this is nowhere...

Heero[CntRmbrPwd]

Post by Heero[CntRmbrPwd] » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:54 am

He is 2 years old (as of this past July) and his name is Rocco (he came with the name). My griff is named Olive. The two get on just fine.

I have a fun story about skagit since you brought it up. My little niece turned 3 recently and for her birthday her cool Uncle Heero was asked to get her, her first fishing pole, the typical pink Disney princess Zebco sort that all little fishergirls start out with. Uncle Heero had a better idea, though, he bought her a spey rod and a short Skagit line knowing that would be easier for a three year old to fish. Sure enough, she was making 60' casts within an hour. She is a little small, tho, so I dont expect shell hit that 100' mark for a couple years yet, but shes fishing just fine at 60'. So thank you, Skagit lines, for making it easy for my three year old niece to get out there fishing.

pbrstreetgang

Post by pbrstreetgang » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:32 am

that's a cool story for sure. anything to get the kids fishing, right?

glad someone is teaching her the right way.
Everybody knows this is nowhere...