A work related issue...

All threads that bitch about new, existing, or old members will be posted/relocated here. Keep this shit off the General forum, because no one wants (or cares) to hear your opinions. Now go back to the other forums and post something worthy of reading.
TX.

A work related issue...

Post by TX. » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:54 pm

...That by posting here I will at least know what not to do.

So tonight I go into the kitchen and one of my cooks says "Dude, I can't believe the shit I just heard"...
I'm like yeah whatever, it's a kitchen...so anyway, the story: My GM's daughter is a server and works in my department, spoiled brat. She was having a conversation w/ my Dining room Manager ( who has a funky name) ...and my DM says "do you know what the cooks call me?"
The 16 YO responds: "Slut?" and walks away.

So knowing that this little bitch always gets her way should I even address it to him? (DM didn't seemed as bothered about it as I was)
My daughter works there too and if she were to (which she wouldn't) ever do anything like that, I'd write her ass up in a heartbeat.

The boss's daughter though.....I'm on the fence about it.

DM is a bit of a redneck (well, more than me), been through a ton of shit in her life, but is def NOT a slut.

So what would you do?
Which one of you fuckers has a flats skiff in the NC mountains?-southernstrain
Was there also a raft,drift boat,jon boat,and a gheeno in the yard?-Kyle

yard4sale

Re: A work related issue...

Post by yard4sale » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:34 am

Treat all employees equal. Slippery slope if you don't.

I get your consternation as that plan takes time for people to see being applied equally but if you don't start out that way you can never get back to it.
You can't go back and you can't stand still
If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will

When your choices are between a pedophile religious zealot or a dem suddenly the pedophile religious zealot doesn't sound too bad. - PLOW

Da Ax

Post by Da Ax » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:51 am

If the owner is any sort of leader, he/she/it should know that this sort of thing cannot be tolerated.

I'd ask the DM if she wants to lodge a formal complaint. If so, I'd write the Boss' daughter up. I'd notify her, officially, and then call the boss (head off the "Daddy, I just got written up." call at the pass)

Either the boss will respect you for it or not. If not, things will be tense. But I'm with yard...slippery slope, otherwise.
The difference between decency and indecency is opportunity...

One could search their entire lives for the perfect drift, and it would not be a wasted life.

"If I owned this place and Hell, I'd rent this place out and live in Hell." -Toombs

Adams

Post by Adams » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:19 am

I'm with yard and Da Ax - I'd follow up with the DM to confirm the conversation and tone. Given the tenor and tone of the slut comment, did DM think bratty GM daughter was trying to be funny or a bitch? If a bitch, I'd let your boss know, and then sit the server down and let her know she won't do it again. Bosses kids should be treated like any other employee while at work. But you are probably about to find out more about your bosses views on both you and his daughter.
If you need a reason to drink, you have a problem. . .

"I just think it's funny that the one constant in this place over the past five years is that it was a cool place right up until the next person joined." nemo

When life gives you limes, it's Gods way of telling you that you're an idiot. spudnik

fatman

Post by fatman » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:36 am

prime example as to why I have no interest in management.

well, that and I'm lazy.... :wink
My drinkin' days are over; I'm still trouble bound - Slaid Cleaves

"This place is so fucked up. Where else could you find a thread with a Debbie Gibson song, a chapter from Fyodor Dostoevsky, and a sweet under boob pic like that on the same page?" - Hogleg

"You may not be smart, but your car gets good gas mileage". - Stovetop

flybug.pa.

Post by flybug.pa. » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:38 am

crucify the bitch.
If you end up with a boring miserable life because you listened to your mom, your dad, your teacher, your priest, or some guy on television telling you how to do your shit, then you deserve it.
- Frank Zappa

BigTimber

Post by BigTimber » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:28 am

well, is she a slut?
This place has enough jiggly milkbags, marsupials fisting off, and animated cherubs getting stabbed in the fuck to get anyone shitcanned, if''n their boss can''t take a joke. ~SUAF

Pussy, much like freedom, ain't free.

America has become a dildo that has turned berserkly on its owner. ~McGuane 1971

CharlieJenkem

Post by CharlieJenkem » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:29 am

:needs_pics
Master of karate and friendship for everyone.

Spicytuna

Post by Spicytuna » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:17 pm

I like sluts...jis sayin
"In truth you can throw dries and swing flies and still be a loser. That would be an elite loser though.
Rare breed." - MTgrayling

"You guys know the Magic Hour???? Yeah it just happened I was there!!!" DK

Redchaser

Post by Redchaser » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:38 pm

fly-chucker wrote:Well TX looks sounds like you're between a rock and a hard spot.

By you're own admission, it looks like you won't be able to bend the DM over the counter (not a slut).

GM's daughter is only 16....

You're not going to get anything good out of this situation :sucks
Too bad he's not in Arkansas, 16 is legal there. 15 if she's your cousin.
"... don’t let your life become the sloppy leftovers of your work" Jim Harrison

"Put in the effort and good things happen"... Hogleg

"Salinity is proportional to sanity for sure" ..The Volfish

Redchaser.com, all about Louisiana Fly Fishing

dunk

Post by dunk » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:52 pm

I'd find a job at a place that doesn't employ family members - especially small places with only a few dozen or even a few hundred employees. Nothing good usually comes from that deal. I've only got a couple dozen but we won't hire family members - ours or relatives of employees...
You can''t be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. Frank Zappa

Hogleg

Post by Hogleg » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:10 am

I would definitely address it. If you don't you'll get trapped and your staff won't respect you.

At a minimum I would let her daddy know what's been reported and tell him straight up that you respect the relationship but also have an obligation to be fair. Tell him how you would manage the situation otherwise if it wasn't his daughter and that you feel strongly there should be no exceptions. Let him know that you're telling him first out of respect rather than causing a nasty, embarrassing situation for him. Embarrassment is a huge motivator for some folks.

Once you do that it's on him and not you, no matter how he responds. He'll also know where you stand, which is good, and he might even handle the situation himself. Which is good too.

You'll save face with your staff that way if they know that you didn't sweep it under the rug because it's the boss's daughter.

Just my $.02 worth.
"girls with eating disorders will usually let you come in there in butt." -Jhnnythndr
"...my grandmother’s Tang always tasted like rusty water and dirty socks." - Average Joe
"with some limited exceptions steelhead live where the lady selection is sparce." - MTG