brexit, bishes.

All threads that bitch about new, existing, or old members will be posted/relocated here. Keep this shit off the General forum, because no one wants (or cares) to hear your opinions. Now go back to the other forums and post something worthy of reading.
Heero[CntRmbrPwd]

Re: brexit, bishes.

Post by Heero[CntRmbrPwd] » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:40 am

Yellow is the 'Stay in the EU' vote and Blue is the 'Exit the EU' vote. 100% of Scottish Districts voted to remain in the EU (with about 62% Remain to 38% Leave), whereas the total vote thru the UK was 52 Leave-48 Remain, or thereabouts. England has a far greater population, so their vote inevitably won.

If youll remember, Scotland just went thru an independence vote of its own a year and a half ago. The vote did not pass (about 3% more votes to remain); however, one of the stipulations for remaining with no further referendum was that Great Britain remain part of the EU. It was also one of the major arguing points of the Remain campaign, ie "You wont be able to just willy nilly join the EU upon independence" which is/was technically true.

So now a year and a half later Scotland, as it exists as part of the United Kingdom, voted to remain part of the EU as they were promised and Great Britain up and decided to leave anyway.

So a new referendum is bound to come. If they were smart, they wait a year or two to see how things shake out. If a lot of the economists (and Bruiser) are right, then the Kingdom wont be so United any longer.

On top, Sinn Fein is calling for a North Irish referendum. If that goes thru, which it might, and there is a vote, the chances of North Ireland leaving the United Kingdom are far greater than the past Scottish vote, Id wager.

RaZ

Post by RaZ » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:44 am

Darren Fletcher and the Ghost of William Wallace to rise up and fuk up the brits?
"Then let us know how that goes, you smug motherfucker"

MTgrayling
Location: ...down river from you when steelheading; releasing a whitefish above you when the trout are on...

Post by MTgrayling » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:44 am

How will this affect the availability and price of airflo stuff... and scotch?
Ryan found his way out; your escape awaits...

Let there be HIGH water!

Heero[CntRmbrPwd]

Post by Heero[CntRmbrPwd] » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:47 am

RaZ wrote:Darren Fletcher and the Ghost of William Wallace to rise up and fuk up the brits?
I still dont get why there are separate teams. Its ONE. FREAKING. COUNTRY. Wales, Scotland, North Ireland and all their peoples all report in Westminster.

I had to Google Darren Fletcher and this is the first thing that came to mind when I saw he plays soccer.

Heero[CntRmbrPwd]

Post by Heero[CntRmbrPwd] » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:50 am

MTgrayling wrote:How will this affect the availability and price of airflo stuff... and scotch?
Want to buy an Airflo short Scandi line? Its 540 gr. Ill sell it to you for $25 shipped to your place of residence.

MTgrayling
Location: ...down river from you when steelheading; releasing a whitefish above you when the trout are on...

Post by MTgrayling » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:55 am

Heero[CntRmbrPwd] wrote:
MTgrayling wrote:How will this affect the availability and price of airflo stuff... and scotch?
Want to buy an Airflo short Scandi line? Its 540 gr. Ill sell it to you for $25 shipped to your place of residence.
"place of residence"

You know how to hurt a guy. Anyways I need a 480, and scotch.

Let there be HIGH water!

Heero[CntRmbrPwd]

Post by Heero[CntRmbrPwd] » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:56 am

I have a 480 too. That one will cost you $30, tho. $5 more because there is the slightest of chances that I may one day use it again whereas I will never ever use this 540.

MTgrayling

Post by MTgrayling » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:58 am

How can I think of spey stuff when the British union is crumbling...

and it's early summer. Scotch is a year round thing.

Let there be HIGH water!

Heero[CntRmbrPwd]

Post by Heero[CntRmbrPwd] » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:01 am

I dont know. Its ruining my day, too.

Im getting prepared for (and by that I mean tying flies) a trip up to Quebec next month. Its a last minute thing (because I supposed to be raising a chicken right now) so I couldnt find anyone to go with me. Not even Joe. I asked Joe, even. Im not even going to bring a spey rod rod to swing, tho. Im just going to camp on a small-ish wilderness river and fish bombers with a singlehander.

MTgrayling

Post by MTgrayling » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:04 am

Damn you!

Let there be HIGH water!

RaZ

Post by RaZ » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:04 am

Heero[CntRmbrPwd] wrote:
RaZ wrote:Darren Fletcher and the Ghost of William Wallace to rise up and fuk up the brits?
I still dont get why there are separate teams. Its ONE. FREAKING. COUNTRY. Wales, Scotland, North Ireland and all their peoples all report in Westminster.
they have their own football associations and leagues. the catalans, bavarians, basque, dont. wales, NI, scotland do.
"Then let us know how that goes, you smug motherfucker"

befuddled

Post by befuddled » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:23 am

I was surprised too. But the english are a strange lot anyway. Fun to drink with though.
There are so many dildos out there, you''d think setting their phones to vibrate would come naturally. ---SUAF

greedy capitalist/liberal-elitist/gun-toting profit monger

We'll wake the dead motherfucker. Fuck you. ---- Fallen513